How to use madcat?

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Re: How to use madcat?

Postby ycleped » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:13 am

madden07eurocat wrote:
ycleped wrote:I know I'm pretty late on this, but I have a domain via ipage and I'm trying to figure out how to install MADCAT on my site.

It requires a mysql database but I have already uploaded the sql file in phpmyadmin. I uploaded the program folder with filezilla to the site directory, and I used htaccess to set the default page, but I'm still getting a Forbidden 403 error.

I have the instructions on how to set it up and I was able to set it up on a localhost using WAMP, but for some reason uploading it to my ipage site is not working. Any advice?

Did you get any help?

I've been thinking of putting my franchise info on an ipage site as well, but haven't gone through the process of doing it locally yet. If putting this out on an ipage site is not viable then I don't if I would be interested in learning the whole process.
I am a non-programmer type and it would take a lot of time for me to get up to speed on this.

Yeah, I figured it out myself shortly after posting this, but I've since moved on from that experiment.
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

Sponsor

Sponsor

RodTidwell
Rookie

Postby RodTidwell » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:59 pm

Howdy, Im new to the site but have been lurking for years. I'm trying to install Madcat, which I've done successfully 3 other times, however, this install is giving me fits. I created a 000webhost site and unloaded everything to the public_html folder and did not touch any code or anything, but everytime I try and access the install/install.php, I keep getting the following errors from the install.php file.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /storage/ssd2/464/4504464/public_html/install/install.php on line 202

Any ideas?

RodTidwell
Rookie

Postby RodTidwell » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:38 am

Nevermind, I was able to change the htaccess file to accept short open tags and then had to change the "TYPE=MyISAM" found in queries.php to "ENGINE=MyISAM" for it to work correctly.

RodTidwell
Rookie

Postby RodTidwell » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:26 pm

https://afalliance.000webhostapp.com/index.php?skin=

Here is my attempt at using Paly's updated Madcat utility. I have used it to create an alternate universe with the USFL being the primary focal point of the franchise, although within in bigger universe so to speak.

m_vikings1978
Rookie

Postby m_vikings1978 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:53 am

Hi,

I'm looking for tutorials and recent version of madcat to try to make free or local site of my history franchise, but the Palyarmec project links are no longer working.

Can i find them in another url?

Return to “FAQs”