How to use madcat?

cheo25
Veteran

Re: How to use madcat?

Postby cheo25 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:47 pm

After a few days away from it, I tried again and still got the same error. I haven't tried to install WAMP with the MADCAT installation folder. I've done OK installing WAMP. I've installed MADCAT to the WAMP root, and got the same error. It keeps telling me I've already installed MADCAT on the installation page and that the MADCAT database needs to be uninstalled, even though I haven't set up a MADCAT database usually at that step.

I'm sure I'm incredibly dense on this, but I think they only way I could grab it would be with detailed screenshots. I'm also wondering if we're not using two different versions of both WAMP and MADCAT, and maybe that's causing some misinterpretations on my end.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Palyarmerc
Pro Bowl

Postby Palyarmerc » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:46 am

I'm using wampserver v2.2 and madcat 194 (my edited version)
I can only vouch for my copy. It is a clean, tidied up version of the final release.

The original screeny you took showed a bad folder structure, hope you sorted that :)

Your default setting with a web browser should be localhost/madcat194/, which in windows explorer is C:\wamp\www\madcat194
where www is your root host directory. No madcat files should be in your root www directory, just the madcat194 folder, self contained. ;)

I've updated the tutorial section a bit, hope it helps
If you want to chat with me just join our Teamspeak at nomandown.co.uk and if I see somewhere there I will join to say hello ;)

cheo25
Veteran

Postby cheo25 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:12 pm

FINALLY GOT MADCAT TO INSTALL PROPERLY!! I downgraded to Wamp Server 2.2, and that seemed to be trick, for whatever reason. Your added screenshots also helped. I haven't gotten to fooling around with it yet, but just knowing I got that far was a win for the night.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for your over-the-top, way-beyond-the-call-of-duty patience with me!! I really appreciate it, and I feel like MADCAT will greatly enhance my enjoyment of Madden. I've wanted this kind of stat tracking for a long time.

Thanks again!!

Palyarmerc
Pro Bowl

Postby Palyarmerc » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:43 am

That's great news. I agree, it's a nice feature to have with your madden game, makes the season mean that little bit more.
I'll take a look at the Wampserver versions (at some point) and try and find out why it wouldn't install on a version above 2.2.

Awesome 8-)

cheo25
Veteran

Postby cheo25 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:02 am

It's possible there were some other things I did that hampered (put the server online, etc.) my previous efforts. Not really sure. But that was the first time I had tried it with Wamp 2.2 instead of Wamp 2.4, so that's why I'm wondering if 2.2 was the magic solution.

Palyarmerc
Pro Bowl

Postby Palyarmerc » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Well I had to test it to be sure I didn't have to do some more editing to the madcat code.
Wampserver 2.4 works ok though. I've updated the tutorial.
(technically your server should not be 'online'. wamp should run locally, but I think I know what you did ;) )

It's a lot to understand if you are new to it all. The main thing is to read it all slowly and hope neither of us miss out any crucial step.
For wampserver 2.4 the most important thing was selecting short-open-tag in php/php-settings or it failed completely

Done once, it's easy to do a re-install. Remember to learn how to export you .sql database files and you're all set. :)

LeBron
All-Pro

Postby LeBron » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:17 pm

Palyarmerc

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I, despite being a nerd on my adolescence :lol: , ain't good about web design. I read your tutorial and could do everything you posted. I have a major question, how to take off the ncaa stuff from the front page:

It'd help me a lot, if someone else knows how to take it off I'd appreciate as well. I had other problems, players like Roy Helu Jr, Cecil Shorts III got problems bout their ID, is there a way to fix it?

EDIT: I was able do delete the thing above, put wanna replace it, cause now its a empty white spot, with the thing on the left side of the page, schedule and layouts.

LeBron
All-Pro

Postby LeBron » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:19 pm

And a stupid question, how to put it online?

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:37 pm

Pick a web host and paste the code in where you build the website. There are lots of cheap and even free web hosts, check out a few before you decide to make sure they support the code you're using with MadCat.
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

BR_DreadlocK
Veteran

Postby BR_DreadlocK » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:38 pm

Hey, I've achieved to install and all is working nicely.
But after upload the franchise logs I get these PHP erros:

Code: Select all

PHP Warning:  simplexml_load_file() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in E:\home\playaction\Web\franchise\rssclass.php on line 10
PHP Warning:  simplexml_load_file(http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/external.php?do=rss&amp;type=newcontent&amp;sectionid=1&amp;days=120&amp;count=3) [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in E:\home\playaction\Web\franchise\rssclass.php on line 10
PHP Warning:  simplexml_load_file() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity &quot;http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/external.php?do=rss&amp;type=newcontent&amp;sectionid=1&amp;days=120&amp;count=3&quot; in E:\home\playaction\Web\franchise\rssclass.php on line 10
PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in E:\home\playaction\Web\franchise\rssclass.php on line 14

Any idea how to solve?

Return to “FAQs”