Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

holygrail22
Rookie

Re: Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

Postby holygrail22 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:53 pm

RevanFan wrote:
holygrail22 wrote:Hi - brand new so not sure if this is the right spot. I was able to get all of the important FF/FI XIX files but I cannot seem to get the 2020-21 roster file to show up in game. I downloaded it but cannot find a "Rosters" folder to place it in. Please help!

Did you follow this guide closely? The Rosters folder is created in the second paragraph.

When ready, create and save a roster, franchise, or superstar file. This can be deleted after you're done. You're creating this file because the folders you need for modding are not created until this is done.

Also, you're not supposed to use FF/FI XIX. That is an old version of the mod that is only listed for archive reasons. Use the latest version of the FF/FI Mod, which is just "FF/FI Mod". Download the five required packages, and follow their installation instructions. After that, download the 2020 roster and install it to your rosters folder, and then load it in-game.

I figured out the roster thing, had to find a different folder from where I dropped the FF/FI stuff but got to it

And I got the newest one, my bad on the bad numbering

Everything is running smoothly now - is it normal to have pictures be off for some players? I see it is mostly young guys and I assume it's because there is no FF/FI Mod for 21 yet?

Sponsor

Sponsor

holygrail22
Rookie

Postby holygrail22 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:56 pm

Another quick question - is there a way to stop the game from minimizing every time I click off? I have two monitors. I know newer games have borderless windowed mode but I assume a game from 2007 doesn't have that benefit

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:17 am

holygrail22 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
holygrail22 wrote:Hi - brand new so not sure if this is the right spot. I was able to get all of the important FF/FI XIX files but I cannot seem to get the 2020-21 roster file to show up in game. I downloaded it but cannot find a "Rosters" folder to place it in. Please help!

Did you follow this guide closely? The Rosters folder is created in the second paragraph.

When ready, create and save a roster, franchise, or superstar file. This can be deleted after you're done. You're creating this file because the folders you need for modding are not created until this is done.

Also, you're not supposed to use FF/FI XIX. That is an old version of the mod that is only listed for archive reasons. Use the latest version of the FF/FI Mod, which is just "FF/FI Mod". Download the five required packages, and follow their installation instructions. After that, download the 2020 roster and install it to your rosters folder, and then load it in-game.

I figured out the roster thing, had to find a different folder from where I dropped the FF/FI stuff but got to it

And I got the newest one, my bad on the bad numbering

Everything is running smoothly now - is it normal to have pictures be off for some players? I see it is mostly young guys and I assume it's because there is no FF/FI Mod for 21 yet?

You have to download rogerjinx's portraits to go along with his roster.
holygrail22 wrote:Another quick question - is there a way to stop the game from minimizing every time I click off? I have two monitors. I know newer games have borderless windowed mode but I assume a game from 2007 doesn't have that benefit

I only have one monitor so I can't really help with this. Sorry.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Aphilidor
Rookie

Postby Aphilidor » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:39 pm

Thank you

TotalNoob
Rookie

Postby TotalNoob » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:50 pm

Hello! Is it possible to use these rosters on an emulated Gamecube version of the game? Or does it have to be the original PC version?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:23 am

TotalNoob wrote:Hello! Is it possible to use these rosters on an emulated Gamecube version of the game? Or does it have to be the original PC version?

As far as I know, they only work on the PC version or, possibly, the PS2 version. Sorry.
My Cowboys Journal

TotalNoob
Rookie

Postby TotalNoob » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:40 pm

RevanFan wrote:
TotalNoob wrote:Hello! Is it possible to use these rosters on an emulated Gamecube version of the game? Or does it have to be the original PC version?

As far as I know, they only work on the PC version or, possibly, the PS2 version. Sorry.

Thanks for the info... I was hoping to get it to work but oh well. Either way, major props to those of you who work on these, it's absolutely amazing!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:11 am

TotalNoob wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Thanks for the info... I was hoping to get it to work but oh well. Either way, major props to those of you who work on these, it's absolutely amazing!

You can try. If you do get something working, feel free to let us know how.
My Cowboys Journal

rb207
Rookie

Postby rb207 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:16 pm

Hi I am able to download madden 08 through digital download at origin where I originally bought it but it does not work. I followed the steps in the guide but it didnt work first time. I have Windows 10 so it seems it might be difficult to get the game running. I just want to play some quick and slick football after trying out the mess that is Madden 21.

Is there a way to run this game with the downloaded version. I get a message saying that in order to launch this game, please login to the EA Link to verify your ownership, then try again.

AntGormz
Rookie

Postby AntGormz » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:47 pm

Thank you for posting this! I have 2 questions.. 1st, where do i place the 4.0 patch referenced in the 4th paragraph? 2nd, I'm looking to be able to customize things like uniforms and plays/playbooks then going into and starting a franchise with it all. Ive noticed there are a few finished mods so I was just wondering what your suggestion would be for the experience I'm looking for? Thanks!

Return to “FAQs”