Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

Postby RevanFan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:02 am

Mr-b0jangles wrote:Hey,

So I have everything installed correctly and running fine for the most part. I have the updated rosters, the 4gb patch, texmod with the HD mod running and Calhoupe's Madden Scripts. When I launch the game, I open Calhoupe's nad run texmod, from there I rain Calhoupe's mainapp from the Madden folder and everything works just fine. I have been able to finish a few games in my franchise but I get crashes really frequently and Ollydbg never gives me the option to debug even though I have followed all the instructions perfectly. One thing I am wondering is are Calhoupe's scripts built into Ollydbg and so they are running and preventing crashes at all times when I play Madden or was I supposed to add them in somehow? Because I don't see a script list or anything, I just open Ollydbg and load texmod through there and that's it. Am I missing something here? The crashes are becoming frustrating. Thanks!

I haven't been able to get the debugger working either. Not on the latest version of the scripts anyway.

Might I suggest you check out the Basic Troubleshooting Checklist? That should help with your crashes, but if it doesn't, feel free to post about your issues, making sure to provide as much detail as possible about the crashes.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Hurricane23_
Rookie

Need Serious Help Please!

Postby Hurricane23_ » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:26 pm

Hello Footballidiot Im New to the site with a big goal for Madden. now im not sure who can help me but ive been trying to read and learn all of this stuff to edit my madden rosters from the DB Editor, NZA Editor, MRE, etc. etc. I have downloaded Excel, Spreadsheats i mean the whole nine. im getting extremly upset that its not going right for me i Love modding i have NFL 2K5 Editor, Backbreaker Editor, APFe For 2k8 All of those are so simple to use. im just so fed up with trying on my own.

Okay let me break it down I have a 60gb Backwards Compatible PS3 where i play my ps2 Games. I Have Madden 12 where i love to edit rosters im very anal about player likeness so i found out here is editors out there. i found this guy name antroid idk but he put out this guide to mod rosters on a ediotr for the PS2 now i have downloaded a 2017 Roster from a link on youtube and after i turned the max save into a .PSV Save with PSV Save Exporter and i like the roster but i just want to go straight to the source my self and Edit rosters on my own thats where my problem comes in i did everything i could and all i get are errors on the editor i just need someone to walk me through this Please Whoever Can Someone Help Me turn a Ps2 roster Become compatible with a Editor For Madden 12.

can someone please Please Help Me ! It would be Extremley appreciated/.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:11 pm

Hurricane23_

What kind of errors are you getting? Is this for PC that you want to do rosters? Have you used the Basic Troubleshooting Checklist?
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: Need Serious I'm desperate!

Postby Rixster67r » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:30 am

Hurricane23_ wrote:Hello Footballidiot Im New to the site with a big goal for Madden. now im not sure who can help me but ive been trying to read and learn all of this stuff to edit my madden rosters from the DB Editor, NZA Editor, MRE, etc. etc. I have downloaded Excel, Spreadsheats i mean the whole nine. im getting extremly upset that its not going right for me i Love modding i have NFL 2K5 Editor, Backbreaker Editor, APFe For 2k8 All of those are so simple to use. im just so fed up with trying on my own.

Okay let me break it down I have a 60gb Backwards Compatible PS3 where i play my ps2 Games. I Have Madden 12 where i love to edit rosters im very anal about player likeness so i found out here is editors out there. i found this guy name antroid idk but he put out this guide to mod rosters on a ediotr for the PS2 now i have downloaded a 2017 Roster from a link on youtube and after i turned the max save into a .PSV Save with PSV Save Exporter and i like the roster but i just want to go straight to the source my self and Edit rosters on my own thats where my problem comes in i did everything i could and all i get are errors on the editor i just need someone to walk me through this Please Whoever Can Someone Help Me turn a Ps2 roster Become compatible with a Editor For Madden 12.

can someone please Please Help Me ! It would be Extremley appreciated/.

Will the roster load up with the editor or will it not load up at all.....
Most of the editors require the netframeworks 1.1,2.0,3.5, etc have you downloaded and installed those.... I am really just taking a shot in the dark here you need to elaborate more on what kind of errors your having and maybe a screenshot.... There are some really smart people who frequent this site and can probably help you or at least point you in the right direction

Tikker
Rookie

Postby Tikker » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:46 pm

So it's been many years since I've had my madden 08 installed

long enough, that I don't even have a machine with a disc drive anymore.....

I was able to get a digital version, used my install code, and that seems to be fine, but I can't run the game

it's whining about a conflict with emulation software. apparently a securom issue

my google-fu is failing me, and I can't find a work around, any help?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:57 pm

Tikker wrote:So it's been many years since I've had my madden 08 installed

long enough, that I don't even have a machine with a disc drive anymore.....

I was able to get a digital version, used my install code, and that seems to be fine, but I can't run the game

it's whining about a conflict with emulation software. apparently a securom issue

my google-fu is failing me, and I can't find a work around, any help?

If you download calhoupe's scripts as described in the OP, you'll also find a link to a no-CD patch. Using that should fix your issue.
My Cowboys Journal

Tikker
Rookie

Postby Tikker » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:24 pm

That script got flagged by my anti virus, but also comes after the part in the instructions where you're supposed to have the game up and running....

I was able to track down a nocd crack after many searches, and seem to be up and running now tho

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:10 pm

Tikker wrote:That script got flagged by my anti virus, but also comes after the part in the instructions where you're supposed to have the game up and running....

I was able to track down a nocd crack after many searches, and seem to be up and running now tho

There should have been a link to the no-CD patch in the calhoupe's script download.

The antivirus thing is a false positive. Every AV tags it, as well as most other Cheat Engine scripts.

I just added a note about the false positive to the opening post. Should have done that long ago.
My Cowboys Journal

jeffiscool122
Rookie

Postby jeffiscool122 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:58 pm

thank you for this guide.

Dshark27
Rookie

Postby Dshark27 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:37 am

Thanks for all this!

Return to “FAQs”