Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

holygrail22
Rookie

Re: Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

Postby holygrail22 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:53 pm

RevanFan wrote:
holygrail22 wrote:Hi - brand new so not sure if this is the right spot. I was able to get all of the important FF/FI XIX files but I cannot seem to get the 2020-21 roster file to show up in game. I downloaded it but cannot find a "Rosters" folder to place it in. Please help!

Did you follow this guide closely? The Rosters folder is created in the second paragraph.

When ready, create and save a roster, franchise, or superstar file. This can be deleted after you're done. You're creating this file because the folders you need for modding are not created until this is done.

Also, you're not supposed to use FF/FI XIX. That is an old version of the mod that is only listed for archive reasons. Use the latest version of the FF/FI Mod, which is just "FF/FI Mod". Download the five required packages, and follow their installation instructions. After that, download the 2020 roster and install it to your rosters folder, and then load it in-game.

I figured out the roster thing, had to find a different folder from where I dropped the FF/FI stuff but got to it

And I got the newest one, my bad on the bad numbering

Everything is running smoothly now - is it normal to have pictures be off for some players? I see it is mostly young guys and I assume it's because there is no FF/FI Mod for 21 yet?

Sponsor

Sponsor

holygrail22
Rookie

Postby holygrail22 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:56 pm

Another quick question - is there a way to stop the game from minimizing every time I click off? I have two monitors. I know newer games have borderless windowed mode but I assume a game from 2007 doesn't have that benefit

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:17 am

holygrail22 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
holygrail22 wrote:Hi - brand new so not sure if this is the right spot. I was able to get all of the important FF/FI XIX files but I cannot seem to get the 2020-21 roster file to show up in game. I downloaded it but cannot find a "Rosters" folder to place it in. Please help!

Did you follow this guide closely? The Rosters folder is created in the second paragraph.

When ready, create and save a roster, franchise, or superstar file. This can be deleted after you're done. You're creating this file because the folders you need for modding are not created until this is done.

Also, you're not supposed to use FF/FI XIX. That is an old version of the mod that is only listed for archive reasons. Use the latest version of the FF/FI Mod, which is just "FF/FI Mod". Download the five required packages, and follow their installation instructions. After that, download the 2020 roster and install it to your rosters folder, and then load it in-game.

I figured out the roster thing, had to find a different folder from where I dropped the FF/FI stuff but got to it

And I got the newest one, my bad on the bad numbering

Everything is running smoothly now - is it normal to have pictures be off for some players? I see it is mostly young guys and I assume it's because there is no FF/FI Mod for 21 yet?

You have to download rogerjinx's portraits to go along with his roster.
holygrail22 wrote:Another quick question - is there a way to stop the game from minimizing every time I click off? I have two monitors. I know newer games have borderless windowed mode but I assume a game from 2007 doesn't have that benefit

I only have one monitor so I can't really help with this. Sorry.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

Return to “FAQs”