Trojan Virus Attached to Mod???

yount19
Rookie

Postby yount19 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:04 am

So my computer virus scan keeps detecting a virus in a mod that I downloaded from this site. The program will then delete the file (even after I select the scan to ignore the file...) I am able to play the mod until the automatic scheduled virus scan occurs in which case the mod file is deleted every time that the scan occurs. This has been going on for about a year and when it does happen, I simply reapply the downloaded file. I did finally look into what the virus code; JTI/Suspect 196612!6d8bd18da68a means and I found that it is a nasty Trojan Virus that opens back doors to computers that allow cyber criminals to get into our system?!?!

I am now afraid to reapply this great mod (Calhoupe's Madden Scripts) as I am now worried about this issue...

Has anyone else looked into this? Should I be worried???

Sponsor

Sponsor

DOLPHINSKINGS1
All-Pro

Re: Trojan Virus Attached to Mod???

Postby DOLPHINSKINGS1 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:59 pm

Anything that is downloaded from the internet has risks (its the risk you take). But, if you apply the proper programs before downloading it will not give you any problems. Which is your OS? Did you do exactly as it states? I have the Scripts and never have any problems. You need to de-bug the JIT
because these files will sometimes trigger a virus detection. You may need to disable your virus protection to download the file and/or add an exception to your antivirus program. Cheat Engine trainers hook into memory similar to some malware so if your antivirus gets excited consider it a false positive and move on. The VIRUS is not real. Trust me.
Miami Dolphins: Back-to-Back Super Bowl Champions '72-'73/ Undefeated Season Super Bowl VII & Super Bowl VIII
Los Angeles Kings: 2 Time Stanley Cup Champions 2012 & 2014

GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO KINGS GO!!!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:32 pm

yount19 wrote:So my computer virus scan keeps detecting a virus in a mod that I downloaded from this site. The program will then delete the file (even after I select the scan to ignore the file...) I am able to play the mod until the automatic scheduled virus scan occurs in which case the mod file is deleted every time that the scan occurs. This has been going on for about a year and when it does happen, I simply reapply the downloaded file. I did finally look into what the virus code; JTI/Suspect 196612!6d8bd18da68a means and I found that it is a nasty Trojan Virus that opens back doors to computers that allow cyber criminals to get into our system?!?!

I am now afraid to reapply this great mod (Calhoupe's Madden Scripts) as I am now worried about this issue...

Has anyone else looked into this? Should I be worried???

That's a false positive. Many AV program detect cheat engine scripts as infections. It's completely wrong. What is your AV software? I know for a fact that Windows Defender, Bitdefender, and Avast all think the scripts are bad, but I can confirm from long term use that they are not.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

yount19
Rookie

Postby yount19 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:27 pm

Thanks for the responses fellas...
I am running Windows 10 with McAfee virus protection. I am aware of the "false negative' impact on detection programs but I decided to look into this further and I kind of 'panicked' when I read about this particular virus code...

It is a bit frustrating that I need to go through the process of reactivating the mod but I will continue to do so as I am really enjoying it... especially now that I am confident that it will not cause an issue for me...

Again, thank you for your responses

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:00 pm

yount19 wrote:Thanks for the responses fellas...
I am running Windows 10 with McAfee virus protection. I am aware of the "false negative' impact on detection programs but I decided to look into this further and I kind of 'panicked' when I read about this particular virus code...

It is a bit frustrating that I need to go through the process of reactivating the mod but I will continue to do so as I am really enjoying it... especially now that I am confident that it will not cause an issue for me...

Again, thank you for your responses

McAfee... terrible software. My least favorite AV. Can you create an exception for calhoupe's scripts? That should save you some trouble in the future.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “FAQs”