Modding in 2022

msweeets
Rookie

Modding in 2022

Postby msweeets » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:54 am

hey guys, i’ve recently gotten a new PC and have gotten into the wonderful world of modding, I’m pretty active in the NFL 2K5 discord with all the awesome work they’ve been doing over there.

I am currently working on some player portraits for that game and wanted to try my hand at some player portraits and possibly audio editing (custom stadium music or even menu music) for Madden 08 PC, I have searched google and this forum up and down but almost every tutorial I come across is either outdated or the video for it is gone, is there a good guide for how to do tutorials for this stuff on Windows 10/11? apologies if it’s a noobish question but I would just love to help

any help would be appreciated

Modding in 2022

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Modding in 2022

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:02 am

msweeets wrote:hey guys, i’ve recently gotten a new PC and have gotten into the wonderful world of modding, I’m pretty active in the NFL 2K5 discord with all the awesome work they’ve been doing over there.

I am currently working on some player portraits for that game and wanted to try my hand at some player portraits and possibly audio editing (custom stadium music or even menu music) for Madden 08 PC, I have searched google and this forum up and down but almost every tutorial I come across is either outdated or the video for it is gone, is there a good guide for how to do tutorials for this stuff on Windows 10/11? apologies if it’s a noobish question but I would just love to help

any help would be appreciated

Unfortunately I don't think there are too many tutorials written up on Madden modding here. I plan to write one for what I know eventually, but right now I find myself unable. Do ask any specific questions and I'll answer however I can.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Football007
Veteran

Postby Football007 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:46 pm

Custom stadium music would be a sweet add on for sure!

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:35 pm

You can go to the wayback machine and search FootballFreaks.com and look for a good snapshot of the site.....

Here you will find alot of tutorials made when people were first learning how to mod 08.....

Have you looked here..... viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8541

Football007
Veteran

Postby Football007 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:18 am

Another thing for custom stadium music would be a tutorial
on how it's done, I've tried to look for one but can't find any.

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:51 pm

msweeets wrote:I am currently working on some player portraits for that game and wanted to try my hand at some player portraits and possibly audio editing (custom stadium music or even menu music) for Madden 08 PC

Don't forget Youtube, lots of modding videos on there. Here's a couple for portraits

Creating - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ejv44BJ8Y0
Importing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBvTsQJvmW0

ESPN is the best place to get portraits because the backgrounds are already transparent. Go to your teams roster page, right click on the small thumbnail pic of the player you want. Choose "Copy Image Location" and you should get a link like this...

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i ... scale=crop

That's only going to give you a small pic, just delete everything after the .png in the address and you'll have a high resolution pic to work with like this...

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i ... 362887.png

Return to “FAQs”