EA Sports Digital

Randall12
MVP

EA Sports Digital

Postby Randall12 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:56 pm

Hey so when I buy a digital hockey game from EA, Is there something I can burn to a disc and it can be a hard copy? I thought your only allowed so many reinstalls for digital ?

EA Sports Digital

Sponsor

Sponsor

akilgour13
All-Pro

Re: EA Sports Digital

Postby akilgour13 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:39 pm

Did you get an install key? Is it through Origin? The Electronic Media agreement i believe you are allowed a(1) hard copy for backup of any media you purchased through download(from the internet). So if you have a receipt and/or a key you are legally provable owner of a copy of that file and allowed a backup hard copy. But i'm not sure how you get the file for making a copy because Origin is like Steam,the game just installs itself,essentially. If you are on a console idk how that works yet,i just got back into console gaming again because i wanted to play Destiny. This is why i like to have a physical copy of my media,cause my sister and my daughter who both have computer science degrees say its not backed up unless you have it saved at least 3 different ways :D I've heard that people have had to call EA for a new key because they had to reinstall one too many times,so you could be ok that way too.

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:47 am

Well I just landed NHL 08 PC DVD for $2.50 Free Shipping from ebay,

Phfft seller is going to get burned by Shipping and Ebay Fee :lol:

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:52 am

Randall12 wrote:Well I just landed NHL 08 PC DVD for $2.50 Free Shipping from ebay,

If your downloading from a client other than "steam" which I hate btw lol :) Your EA game will have 3 limited activations b/c of securom software protections copyright blah.... Your file to backup should be a 3gb or more file with an extension of .viv or something similar. Hope this helps! -Ultimatum77
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:56 am

akilgour13 wrote:Did you get an install key? Is it through Origin? The Electronic Media agreement i believe you are allowed a(1) hard copy for backup of any media you purchased through download(from the internet). So if you have a receipt and/or a key you are legally provable owner of a copy of that file and allowed a backup hard copy. But i'm not sure how you get the file for making a copy because Origin is like Steam,the game just installs itself,essentially. If you are on a console idk how that works yet,i just got back into console gaming again because i wanted to play Destiny. This is why i like to have a physical copy of my media,cause my sister and my daughter who both have computer science degrees say its not backed up unless you have it saved at least 3 different ways :D I've heard that people have had to call EA for a new key because they had to reinstall one too many times,so you could be ok that way too.

There is a way to backup your steam games btw. Not sure but I believe that it is located in your app data folder... C:\users\username\appdata and probably under a folder called "roaming." I know I read it on google how to back up your game from steam, but I found steam just dumb b/c of all the idiotic logging in they require to just play a stupid sports game! BTW your appdata folder is hidden so you'll have to type in the above c:\ stuff to access it.-Ultimatum77
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:27 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
Randall12 wrote:Well I just landed NHL 08 PC DVD for $2.50 Free Shipping from ebay,

If your downloading from a client other than "steam" which I hate btw lol :) Your EA game will have 3 limited activations b/c of securom software protections copyright blah.... Your file to backup should be a 3gb or more file with an extension of .viv or something similar. Hope this helps! -Ultimatum77

Cool, well I will push for always DISC Copy, just like I did.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:51 am

Randall12 wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:

Cool, well I will push for always DISC Copy, just like I did.

K let me know if you ever need any help locating any digital games to backup. Also, I would suggest using IMg Burn to backup your game disc just in case of scratches/misplacement.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Too ... Burn.shtml

Return to “PC”