Make Madden08 Great Again (MMGA): A League

sfinman
Rookie

Postby sfinman » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:47 pm

Greetings!

If you are reading this, you are invited to play in a Madden 08 league that is currently underway and seeking new players. Right now, we have 20 teams filled and are in the 2nd season of a custom arrangement that we run through Discord. Our leadership is DHeavy and myself. Collectively we have run at least 25 seasons of Madden Leagues (MPN, PCFT, etc..). Our players range from brand new to guys who have been playing since EA Online and together we have cultivated a community based on mutual respect, good vibes, strong competition, and fun.
Here are some quick specs about our league:

Rules: There are no on-field rules, only sportsmanship customs like allowing your opponent time to make subs prior to game.

Roster: We began with a modified form of a 2012 roster we found on this website. We have had one draft since then and that was with the 2013 nfl draft class. We plan to follow in this pattern all the way up until the 2020 draft class. The next one is 2014 which features Clowney, Mack, Manziel, and Donald!

Game Modes: We play with Fair Play OFF and Vision Cone OFF on All Madden difficulty with injury slider at 103.

If all of this sounds good to you, please click our invite below and come say “Hi.”

Thanks for reading!
-Fin

https://discord.gg/RTMx3mM

Sponsor

Sponsor

Theov
MVP

Re: Make Madden08 Great Again (MMGA): A League

Postby Theov » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:43 pm

I'm running a franchise right now that includes the 2014 draft so I like the setup of your league.
A few questions: is fair play turned on or off in your league.
How do you handle drafts?

I'm in a completely different time zone than the US. That would be a problem playing.
I'll sign up and see where it goes.
I always thought that the more rules and restrictions you give the less fun it gets.
No signature needed.

sfinman
Rookie

Postby sfinman » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:33 pm

Theov wrote:I'm running a franchise right now that includes the 2014 draft so I like the setup of your league.
A few questions: is fair play turned on or off in your league.
How do you handle drafts?

I'm in a completely different time zone than the US. That would be a problem playing.
I'll sign up and see where it goes.
I always thought that the more rules and restrictions you give the less fun it gets.

Hey Theov!

We play with fair play off.

Yes, we agree on the rules thing. It also creates situations where if one player accuses another of breaking our rules, but the game isn't streamed or recorded, we have no way of knowing who is telling the truth and stories are almost never consistent. So for that reason alone it makes sense not to have rules. The other part, though, is that a lot of the rules that league commissioners have come up with throughout the years have been designed purely to mask some of their own personal weak spots. Can't figure out how to reign in a mobile QB? Make a rule that bans rolling out of the pocket! Can't user your DBs? Make a rule that bans user catching with your wide receivers! We feel that the beauty of Madden 08 is that it is balanced. There are strengths and weaknesses to every approach. At the end of the day you will win based on a combination of strategy, execution, staying cool under pressure, and having a will to succeed (with some rng luck sprinkled in).

Long story short, having no rules creates the most competitive atmosphere and if you give it a chance you will improve.

Come see us! It's very easy to get started.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:18 am

where's the Roster you use?
No signature needed.

sfinman
Rookie

Postby sfinman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:00 pm

Theov wrote:where's the Roster you use?

When you first come in to the channel you wont be able to see much until i can assign you a role.

Your role has now been assigned so you should be able to see all the sub channels on the left. We use a franchise file and that is located in League Files.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:41 pm

sfinman wrote:
Theov wrote:where's the Roster you use?

When you first come in to the channel you wont be able to see much until i can assign you a role.

Your role has now been assigned so you should be able to see all the sub channels on the left. We use a franchise file and that is located in League Files.

thanks!
No signature needed.

Return to “General Discussion”