Custom Schedule

keppy
Rookie

Custom Schedule

Postby keppy » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:34 pm

Hey, newbie here.
I have been enjoying this board since August, and would like to make a small contribution.
But here's the backstory first. I found this board in August, and it looked like a great idea. So, anticipating for a bad, covid filled football season, I thought I'd be able to recruit a bunch of guys to also download. I have friends all over, so I figured my out of state friends could recruit 4 guys and take over a division. And they could play their divisional games live, and we could play out of division games online. My goal was to spread it around and get 8 friends to find a total of 32 human owned teams.

Well, that never panned out. I found 4 guys.
So, we took over the NFC North and I created a schedule so we could play each other 4x each, giving us a total of 12 human to human games.
The other 4 games would be against the computer-run AFC North.

We are starting this weekend. We are using the 08 Madden teams (07 season) and we will be drafting using the draft classes on here as we go.

I never did get any of my friends to try to connect online, so if there is anyone out there willing to help me attempt online play, I'd appreciate it.

If anyone is interested in something similar, my schedule with 4 games vs. each divisional rival is attached.
It wouldn't let me post the .txt file, so I zipped it with a duplicate schedule.
It's called 4xDivSchedule

Thanks for everything on here guys!
Steve
Attachments
4xDiv Schedule - Copy.zip
(3.53 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

Custom Schedule

Sponsor

Sponsor

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Re: Custom Schedule

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:44 pm

This is a really interesting idea, if this game had more of an online H2H community I think it would've panned out. Madden 08 at this point is more of an offline simulation experience for most.

Return to “General Discussion”