Everything you NEVER wanted to know about Player Attributes **SPOILERS**

rambolz
All-Pro

Re: Everything you NEVER wanted to know about Player Attributes **SPOILERS**

Postby rambolz » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:02 am

Has anyone ever tested AWR with kickers?

Spoiler:
I feel like low AWR rating for kicker makes him shank A LOT of kicks. In my franchise my rookie kicker with 53 AWR has shanked 2/6 kickoffs out of bounds (basically kicks the ball sideways and it goes out of bounds between the 40 yard lines) and missed 2/3 FG from 30+ yards by a mile. I could live with missing slightly left or right, but it's outrageous when he misses the goalpost by 20 yards on a 30 yard kick :roll:

His accuracy is 83 and power 91, so those are not the problem..I just feel it's the AWR that makes him think the goalposts are as wide as the endzone

EDIT: Actually, this thread has the answer: viewtopic.php?t=15589

Sponsor

Sponsor

underdog13
Rookie

Postby underdog13 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:38 pm

This was like reading a scientific study that posted their findings without any of the data or testing methods.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:54 pm

underdog13 wrote:This was like reading a scientific study that posted their findings without any of the data or testing methods.

I agree with this statement wholeheartedly.

Thread originally started here, not sure why I moved it into a second thread tbh. Most of the early testing methods were discussed there.

Also, this is relevant from that thread:
Spoiler:

It is from M13 and it is scripts for different on-field animations with probability values and C hash developer notes explaining them... Safe to assume this was similar in M01, M04, M08, etc...
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

US2NZ
Rookie

Postby US2NZ » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:27 pm

So....do physics mean anything in this game, or is everything based on scripts generated by ratings?

Theov
All-Pro

Postby Theov » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:46 am

I'm pretty pretty sure the STR rating counters (oline) or makes (dline) the bullrush move.
RBK and PBK I dont know. But I think it determines if a block animation is successful or not.
BTK is SURELY affecting the amounts of broken tackles. Gameplay just confirms this. Prob only truck stick animations.
CAR is SURELY affecting the chance of fumbles.
AGI effects how fast a player changes direction, how much speeds he loses... I tested this and it's significant. ACC is how fast he regains his top speed, but this is only very early in the route.
AGI, ACC and SPD all influence a player's movement on the field. With SPD being the far most important one.
TAK matters, it calculates the chance of a tackle being broken or not with using the hit stick.
Outside of the hit stick it could be useless. But vs truci stick it could matter.
No signature needed.

Return to “General Discussion”