Randomly generated player names

thy11111
Rookie

Postby thy11111 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:43 pm

I believe that these players' names are selected from the StreamedData file. Sometimes you can get players with unusual names for their skin color [portraits in Madden 06-08].

Yesterday, I got a generated custom team with two players named Charlie Jackson. One was a kicker, and another was a defensive tackle.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Randomly generated player names

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:47 pm

thy11111 wrote:I believe that these players' names are selected from the StreamedData file. Sometimes you can get players with unusual names for their skin color [portraits in Madden 06-08].

Yesterday, I got a generated custom team with two players named Charlie Jackson. One was a kicker, and another was a defensive tackle.

They are. The first and last names have their own table. There's nothing that connects the names to a specific skin color. In the last FF/FI Mod update, we updated the names list to incorporate names from the players currently in the NFL. We couldn't include every name, but we got most of them.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

knockonthedoor
Rookie

Postby knockonthedoor » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:55 pm

What I don't get is that it seems to pick the most uncommon surnames and makes them common.

I'm not even mad that my 6 foot white QB is named D'vontay Fulcher. What gets me is that the last name Grimm and Woodson is as common if not more so than Smith, Jackson and Williams.

Funny enough though, the names can be quite good. Like my 6th round Dlineman. 74 OVR Mo Cash. He had a long career on the bench just on his name alone.
Dunkin' is the best coffee shop, and you can't handle it!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:48 am

knockonthedoor wrote:What I don't get is that it seems to pick the most uncommon surnames and makes them common.

I'm not even mad that my 6 foot white QB is named D'vontay Fulcher. What gets me is that the last name Grimm and Woodson is as common if not more so than Smith, Jackson and Williams.

Funny enough though, the names can be quite good. Like my 6th round Dlineman. 74 OVR Mo Cash. He had a long career on the bench just on his name alone.

In the FF/FI Mod, the names are based on the names in the actual NFL. If the name is common in the NFL, it'll be common in rookie generation. Super common names like Smith and Williams have many listings in the name file instead of just a few.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

dallman
Rookie

Postby dallman » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:40 pm

My favorite one ever was Mike Hawk.

dallman
Rookie

Postby dallman » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:40 pm

In my new Cowboys franchise, I just drafted a TE named Jeremy Baer. Since a still have Blake Jarwin, I now have BJ and the Baer at TE.

A little reference for those of you old enough to remember the era of '70s ape/human buddy movies and TV shows!

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:26 pm

I had a guy named Stanford Law, I thought that was kind of cool
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

dallman
Rookie

Postby dallman » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:48 pm

KO'BBF wrote:I had a guy named Stanford Law, I thought that was kind of cool

That is a good one.

Return to “General Discussion”