Draft Glitch - Team gets 2 1st Overall Picks!

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:24 pm

I just recently did a in-game draft in Madden 08, and I came upon a bizarre glitch I've never seen before. The CPU-controlled Houston Texans had the 1st overall pick and selected... QB Baker Mayfield and DE Bradley Chubb!

How in the world did this happen? I went over the entire 1st round, and the game claims they took Bradley Chubb 1st overall, but Mayfield vanished from the draft board at the exact same time.

This also leaves another question... how should I handle this situation? Should I let the Texans keep both of them, but strip them of future draft picks? Or should Chubb be shipped off to another team, determined at random? Maybe I could do something like the NBA draft lottery to determine who gets Chubb or Mayfield.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sponsor

Sponsor

Theov
MVP

Re: Draft Glitch - Team gets 2 1st Overall Picks!

Postby Theov » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:57 pm

I had the same thing happen in my Buffalo Sucks franchise (see journals). They drafted LE Vernon Gholston and RE Chris Long both first overall.
It couldve happened before but I prob never noticed.
I think it happens when you save the game and reload it.
I will experiment a bit, maybe you can get one team to draft 10 fist overal picks.
No signature needed.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:59 pm

As for what to do... the Texans notoriously under perform, so letting them have an extra player wont hurt anyone. I just let it be.

Its a weird glitch indeed.
No signature needed.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:53 pm

Theov wrote:I had the same thing happen in my Buffalo Sucks franchise (see journals). They drafted LE Vernon Gholston and RE Chris Long both first overall.
It couldve happened before but I prob never noticed.
I think it happens when you save the game and reload it.
I will experiment a bit, maybe you can get one team to draft 10 fist overal picks.

Oh, that might be it. I think I saved the game and re-loaded during the 1st pick.

I ended up having a lottery, and I had the Packers (10th worst team) getting Chubb, but as a handicap I had the Texans get the Packers' 2nd round pick, which ironically was HB Nick Chubb. So I had them flip Chubbs!
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “General Discussion”