Madden 08 PS2/PC Fusion

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 08 PS2/PC Fusion

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:41 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
AaronS wrote:(the one that controls what positions can be subbed for, and the ratings drop?)

Strait out of the box, I believe WRs can't play corner, or S, and vice versa.

That's not entirely true in Madden. Earlier in the 1st season of my franchise, I signed Vincent Jackson and moved him to TE because of his 6'5 240 lb frame. He was originally rated 81 OVR as a WR and only has a 2 yr contract that only totaled 2.5mil. He didn't loose any ratings points at TE, his rating went up to 87 OVR. He was rated a better TE due to his CTH, SPD, AGL, AWR & STR, being high. He wanted a higher contract for over $5 mil per year! I was having a problem with resigning player's because they wanted so much given their OVR rating. I read on another web site that editing the player to a different position would possibly lower his OVR, thus I could negotiate a lower contract.

I tried that with V. Jackson, edited him to SS. His OVR only dropped 3 points and he wanted just as much playing SS as he did playing TE. Frankly, I couldn't resign him with little cap space I was working with. I edited him back to TE and I moved on to sign other players I could with the cap I had. I was trying to clear more cap space to re-sign him. I accidentally forgot to change V-Jack's position back to WR. He was on the FA market as a TE and was signed by another team (CLE) to a contract he wanted. I was totally upset that I couldn't re-sign him and now have to wait until he becomes a FA to renegotiate a new contract.

The statement is true if say you edit/move a DT to C or LG, his rating will drop because the other position requires him to have a certain level in specific attributes to be rated high. OL need to have good STR, AWR, PBLK and RBLK. DT has good enough STR and AWR, but because his PBLK and RBLK are low, his OVR will drop! to the lower rating.

So it really depends on what position you are subbing for. That's why HB's or WR's can't play QB, due to their lower than average THP & THA, which are the 2 most important attributes for good QB's!

I think he meant you couldn't set WR at CB or S directly through the depth chart. You can switch players from a position to another one and get a solid improvement. I move plenty of my slow, hard hitting CBs and FSs to SSs, fast SSs to FS or CB, move Linemen around (OL and DL) just to get increases in OVR.

That said, TE OVR is overly, overly inflated, as is FB and DL OVR. You can move a mid-high ACC and AGI, but low STR OLB to DE and get a nice improvement in OVR, even if they are rookies. The DE OVR calc values ACC and AGI nearly as much as it values STR, and doesn't put much stock into ... say ... AWR. This is why you can create a Superstar DE, and he'll have 99 OVR right off the bat if he has high ACC, AGI and/or STR.

As for TEs, CTH, ACC, AGI, SPD is valued as much as STR, PBK and RBK. So a decent Receiving TE and an OL-turned Blocking TE would have similar OVRs. Similar with TEs, FBs get CTH, ACC and AGI valued more than BLK ratings, so I could move a receiving HB to FB and his OVR would rocket.

As for why HBs, WRs, etc can't play QB? Well, WRs and HBs get a MASSIVE AWR penalty if they are forced to play QB. So, if in the vanilla M08 roster, Hines Ward (WR with mediocre, but fieldable in trick plays, QB ratings and a very good AWR) was forced to play QB, his AWR would plummet. This can noticed because the QB Vision Cone is absurdly small, and the depth chart shows the reduced AWR.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

pantherofbrazil
Pro Bowl

Postby pantherofbrazil » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:35 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Only gamedat, sounddat and fieldart were imported thus far! And with so many updated .dds & .png files imported into the uniforms and stadiums, I don't know if (haven't tested) PS2 Madden can handle the HD graphics load that M08PC can!

I did mention there's a coding difference when I initially imported my first gamedat, that Madden PS2 wouldn't let me start a franchise game ! So I had to redo a set of my updated books to use default Madden special teams formations & plays which work fine in franchise play on PS2!

How did you manage to import musics into PS2 sounddat? I always tried to do this with Madden 09 without success...

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:25 pm

pantherofbrazil wrote:
How did you manage to import musics into PS2 sounddat? I always tried to do this with Madden 09 without success...

Nothing special, I just followed the Soundata.dat tutorial for converting and importing custom music posted on this site. Then just rebuilt the ISO file.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:24 am

jose21crisis wrote:I think he meant you couldn't set WR at CB or S directly through the depth chart. You can switch players from a position to another one and get a solid improvement. I move plenty of my slow, hard hitting CBs and FSs to SSs, fast SSs to FS or CB, move Linemen around (OL and DL) just to get increases in OVR.

That said, TE OVR is overly, overly inflated, as is FB and DL OVR. You can move a mid-high ACC and AGI, but low STR OLB to DE and get a nice improvement in OVR, even if they are rookies. The DE OVR calc values ACC and AGI nearly as much as it values STR, and doesn't put much stock into ... say ... AWR. This is why you can create a Superstar DE, and he'll have 99 OVR right off the bat if he has high ACC, AGI and/or STR.

As for TEs, CTH, ACC, AGI, SPD is valued as much as STR, PBK and RBK. So a decent Receiving TE and an OL-turned Blocking TE would have similar OVRs. Similar with TEs, FBs get CTH, ACC and AGI valued more than BLK ratings, so I could move a receiving HB to FB and his OVR would rocket.

As for why HBs, WRs, etc can't play QB? Well, WRs and HBs get a MASSIVE AWR penalty if they are forced to play QB. So, if in the vanilla M08 roster, Hines Ward (WR with mediocre, but fieldable in trick plays, QB ratings and a very good AWR) was forced to play QB, his AWR would plummet. This can noticed because the QB Vision Cone is absurdly small, and the depth chart shows the reduced AWR.

I dont care for OVR ratings all that much.
I have moved Megatron to TE because of his size and speed, but his STR and RBK are not that good, so his OVR was a mid 80s, instead of high 90s as a WR.

I always have a backup fullback who is a converted HB... his AWR drops, but his other playing stats stay the same, so I dont mind.
The trick of paying someone less is to change his position where he sucks at, cut him and resign him from Free Agency. If he is already on your team, he wont accept a pay cut.
No signature needed.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:15 am

Theov wrote:I dont care for OVR ratings all that much.
I have moved Megatron to TE because of his size and speed, but his STR and RBK are not that good, so his OVR was a mid 80s, instead of high 90s as a WR.

I always have a backup fullback who is a converted HB... his AWR drops, but his other playing stats stay the same, so I dont mind.
The trick of paying someone less is to change his position where he sucks at, cut him and resign him from Free Agency. If he is already on your team, he wont accept a pay cut.

Nahhh, I appreciate OVR. To me OVR make the player what he truly is. And it shows in their performance. I have never seen a player's attribute drop when I moved him to a different position. But I move a great HB to LB, his OVR dropped, and I was able to sign him at a discount rate, then switch him back to HB. But the attributes stayed the same, but the OVR went back up to what it was.

I'd love to see Megatron at TE, but the Lions were sold and relocated to Mexico! And under a new GM, they got Ben Troupe and Tony Scheffler at TE who both are good pass catchers and solid blockers! Allowing Megatron to feast on teams if they don't double him!

Also like I mentioned before, the Importance attribute plays a huge factor in what cpu teams are willing to pay players!

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:06 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
Theov wrote:I dont care for OVR ratings all that much.

Nahhh, I appreciate OVR. To me OVR make the player what he truly is. And it shows in their performance. I have never seen a player's attribute drop when I moved him to a different position. But I move a great HB to LB, his OVR dropped, and I was able to sign him at a discount rate, then switch him back to HB. But the attributes stayed the same, but the OVR went back up to what it was.

I'd love to see Megatron at TE, but the Lions were sold and relocated to Mexico! And under a new GM, they got Ben Troupe and Tony Scheffler at TE who both are good pass catchers and solid blockers! Allowing Megatron to feast on teams if they don't double him!

Also like I mentioned before, the Importance attribute plays a huge factor in what cpu teams are willing to pay players!

I've always traded for Megatron and played him at TE. You'd think he's not the best blocker in the world, so on runningplays he's a wide out and once he racked up 60 pancakes, but normally it's about half that.

He's a mismatch against linebackers and slow safeties. And he's a beast in YAC, because if you get him alone on one side and let him beat his man, he's gone. (I-form twins, FB Flat for example)

In 2013 his statline was this (as TE) REC/YDS/AVG/LONG/TD/DROPS/YAC:
Calvin Johnson 66 1214 18.3 77 22 2 609

Then, I started to play All-Madden+ (which has the AI sliders maxed out at 99 everywhere).

And his 2014, 2015 numbers looked like this (as TE):
Calvin Johnson 54 808 14.9 77 6 4 167
Calvin Johnson 27 649 24.0 75 9 1 231
No signature needed.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:19 am

Theov wrote:
I've always traded for Megatron and played him at TE. You'd think he's not the best blocker in the world, so on runningplays he's a wide out and once he racked up 60 pancakes, but normally it's about half that.

He's a mismatch against linebackers and slow safeties. And he's a beast in YAC, because if you get him alone on one side and let him beat his man, he's gone. (I-form twins, FB Flat for example)

In 2013 his statline was this (as TE) REC/YDS/AVG/LONG/TD/DROPS/YAC:
Calvin Johnson 66 1214 18.3 77 22 2 609

Then, I started to play All-Madden+ (which has the AI sliders maxed out at 99 everywhere).

And his 2014, 2015 numbers looked like this (as TE):
Calvin Johnson 54 808 14.9 77 6 4 167
Calvin Johnson 27 649 24.0 75 9 1 231

Yeah, All-Madden try's so hard to save face, but you still whip em' good! It makes a 60 OVR player play like MVP, which I hate! But it can't stop the beat-down I put on them most of the time!

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:31 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Yeah, All-Madden try's so hard to save face, but you still whip em' good! It makes a 60 OVR player play like MVP, which I hate! But it can't stop the beat-down I put on them most of the time!

I wish there was an "I am Death incarnate" setting.
Or just a smarter AI.
No signature needed.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:29 pm

Theov wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:Yeah, All-Madden try's so hard to save face, but you still whip em' good! It makes a 60 OVR player play like MVP, which I hate! But it can't stop the beat-down I put on them most of the time!

I wish there was an "I am Death incarnate" setting.
Or just a smarter AI.

She's 13 years old now, can't expect anything different But there's the coach rating attributes that can be tweaked to get better performance from the cpu ai. I think they also play a big part of why the current ai doesn't put up a smart fight.

pantherofbrazil
Pro Bowl

Postby pantherofbrazil » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:57 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Nothing special, I just followed the Soundata.dat tutorial for converting and importing custom music posted on this site. Then just rebuilt the ISO file.

Did you only swapped the songs or added new ones to the game's playlist?

Return to “General Discussion”