Madden 08 Superstar Mode Madden Cover

madden08_best_madden
Rookie

Postby madden08_best_madden » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:12 pm

Hey guys so I've been playing Madden 08 on the PC for years now and I've never understood how to get on the madden cover in superstar mode. I've tried looking for solutions online but I have never had any luck finding anything. Does anyone know if its possible? And if it is possible, what do you need to do? Thanks for the help!

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 08 Superstar Mode Madden Cover

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:17 am

madden08_best_madden wrote:Hey guys so I've been playing Madden 08 on the PC for years now and I've never understood how to get on the madden cover in superstar mode. I've tried looking for solutions online but I have never had any luck finding anything. Does anyone know if its possible? And if it is possible, what do you need to do? Thanks for the help!

If it's in the game, I assume your superstar will have to be the baddest dude on the planet! Meaning, just as it is in real life cover selection, your stud will need to be MVP candidate and be coming off a stellar season!

I'm just guessing because superstar mod doesn't work!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:08 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
madden08_best_madden wrote:Hey guys so I've been playing Madden 08 on the PC for years now and I've never understood how to get on the madden cover in superstar mode. I've tried looking for solutions online but I have never had any luck finding anything. Does anyone know if its possible? And if it is possible, what do you need to do? Thanks for the help!

If it's in the game, I assume your superstar will have to be the baddest dude on the planet! Meaning, just as it is in real life cover selection, your stud will need to be MVP candidate and be coming off a stellar season!

I'm just guessing because superstar mod doesn't work!

Superstar mode does work for certain positions. Quarterback, for example, works fine. I will try to troubleshoot the mode more thoroughly after the 2020 mod update is finished.

As far as I am aware, getting on the Madden cover isn't something that can be done in the PC version. At least, I've never seen anyone ever report it happening to them, and it's never happened to me. All I can suggest is play the best you can and you'll eventually see if you can or not.

EDIT: I did find this after a quick Google search, referencing the PS2 version of the game. No idea if it'll work on the PC version, but the two tend to be nearly identical.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/93834 ... rstar-mode
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:02 pm

I'm pretty sure I got it once. Basically I was a 99 overall QB. Good luck.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:52 pm

RevanFan wrote:Superstar mode does work for certain positions. Quarterback, for example, works fine. I will try to troubleshoot the mode more thoroughly after the 2020 mod update is finished.

As far as I am aware, getting on the Madden cover isn't something that can be done in the PC version. At least, I've never seen anyone ever report it happening to them, and it's never happened to me. All I can suggest is play the best you can and you'll eventually see if you can or not.

EDIT: I did find this after a quick Google search, referencing the PS2 version of the game. No idea if it'll work on the PC version, but the two tend to be nearly identical.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/93834 ... rstar-mode

So if only a few positions work, but not all of them, it's technically broken!

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:05 am

In all these years I have given this mode only half a try.
I played it with a friend on his PS2 and we created a near unstoppable HB that could for 3000 yards a season and a bazillion TDs.
But on the PC i found it near impossible to play on the defensive side, and too boring on offense.
Am I missing something that makea this mode fun?
No signature needed.

NoleFan
Rookie

Postby NoleFan » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:45 pm

I really want to love Superstar Mode in 08 but the lack of Supersim is a big bummer. I much prefer the "player career" in 20/21 with the updated sim engine. I primarily play HB/WR or TE though. I don't like playing defense and I'm too antsy to play QB effectively. Ha

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:28 pm

NoleFan wrote:I really want to love Superstar Mode in 08 but the lack of Supersim is a big bummer. I much prefer the "player career" in 20/21 with the updated sim engine. I primarily play HB/WR or TE though. I don't like playing defense and I'm too antsy to play QB effectively. Ha

When Madden 21's price drops below $20 after the season, I will be making the purchase. Currently Madden 20 can be purchased as low as $14.99.

NoleFan
Rookie

Postby NoleFan » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:06 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
When Madden 21's price drops below $20 after the season, I will be making the purchase. Currently Madden 20 can be purchased as low as $14.99.

Where have you seen it that cheap? It’s still 35 bucks on CD Keys and they’ve got no keys lol I can play it because I’d signed up for EA Play but it expires in a couple days. But, I’ve got M21 so...

Don’t know if you coach Mode or not but if so, know that your QB has a tendency to just stand around and take sacks at times.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:22 am

NoleFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Where have you seen it that cheap? It’s still 35 bucks on CD Keys and they’ve got no keys lol I can play it because I’d signed up for EA Play but it excites in a couple days. But, I’ve got M21 so...

Don’t know if you coach Mode or not but if so, know that your QB had a tendency to just stand around and take sacks at times.

Madden 21 is $30 bucks now, but after the Super Bowl the price will drop to under $20! It always does! Madden 19 is only $5! :D
Attachments
Madden 20 price.png
Madden 20 price.png (317.02 KiB) Viewed 1960 times

Return to “General Discussion”