DB playing WR

Theov
MVP

Re: DB playing WR

Postby Theov » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:59 am

LukeJMiller wrote:
Theov wrote:
LukeJMiller wrote:
No problem! I only made a couple changes; WR can play CB, CB can play WR, WR can play RB, and both Safeties can play OLB. I did set it so that their awareness goes down slightly when out of position, but no other stats change. If you would like any other positions just let me know and I can change the file.

This did not change the fatigue issue, when I played Woodson at WR he would get fatigued very quickly. This isn't an issue for me as I only wanted to use him at WR a handful of times a game. But I will play around and see if I can figure that part out as well.

Thanks a lot!!
As a request, could you make it that both safety positions can play all three linebacker positions?
FS and SS -> rolb, lolb and mlb.
And WR at FS/SS, please.
While we're at it, I've seen some halfbacks take QB snaps... so could you make it that halfbacks can sub for QBs?
Thanks!

Sorry for the delay, I was not around my computer this weekend, but attached is the updated file! Again, I did try to make the awareness drop similar to what the game does to other positions.

DB_TEMPLATES.dat

Theov wrote:I used your file and it works well.

But I wonder about one substitution logic... in the second half I subbed in a CB as the number 2 WR. Now, when he gets tired somehow my punter and kicker get subbed in - not the #3, 4, 5 WR or #2, 3, 4 CBs (which would make sense).
Is there a way that the substitution logic makes sense, and we don't see punters at wide out? :D
I've always wondered - after WRs are too tired, why the next in line are punters and kickers.

This one is really odd to me because whenever Woodson gets tired for me, my next WR steps in. On the file the CBs should sub in after the WRs but way before the Kicker or Punter... unless they were all fatigued at that time? But that seems crazy that all your WRs, CBs, RBs, and TEs would be fatigued. All those positions should sub in before the kicker. I will try to replicate it, but mine had been subbing correctly so I am not much help right now for that, unfortunately

awesome! Thanks!
No signature needed.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:01 am

LukeJMiller wrote:
Theov wrote:
LukeJMiller wrote:
No problem! I only made a couple changes; WR can play CB, CB can play WR, WR can play RB, and both Safeties can play OLB. I did set it so that their awareness goes down slightly when out of position, but no other stats change. If you would like any other positions just let me know and I can change the file.

This did not change the fatigue issue, when I played Woodson at WR he would get fatigued very quickly. This isn't an issue for me as I only wanted to use him at WR a handful of times a game. But I will play around and see if I can figure that part out as well.

Thanks a lot!!
As a request, could you make it that both safety positions can play all three linebacker positions?
FS and SS -> rolb, lolb and mlb.
And WR at FS/SS, please.
While we're at it, I've seen some halfbacks take QB snaps... so could you make it that halfbacks can sub for QBs?
Thanks!

Sorry for the delay, I was not around my computer this weekend, but attached is the updated file! Again, I did try to make the awareness drop similar to what the game does to other positions.

DB_TEMPLATES.dat

Theov wrote:I used your file and it works well.

But I wonder about one substitution logic... in the second half I subbed in a CB as the number 2 WR. Now, when he gets tired somehow my punter and kicker get subbed in - not the #3, 4, 5 WR or #2, 3, 4 CBs (which would make sense).
Is there a way that the substitution logic makes sense, and we don't see punters at wide out? :D
I've always wondered - after WRs are too tired, why the next in line are punters and kickers.

This one is really odd to me because whenever Woodson gets tired for me, my next WR steps in. On the file the CBs should sub in after the WRs but way before the Kicker or Punter... unless they were all fatigued at that time? But that seems crazy that all your WRs, CBs, RBs, and TEs would be fatigued. All those positions should sub in before the kicker. I will try to replicate it, but mine had been subbing correctly so I am not much help right now for that, unfortunately

Thanks a lot!! I've used this for a season now and it works great. Especially the HB taking QB snaps works great in-game.

Another question/request... I'm in the off season and I can't change the position of my safeties to linebacker - would it be possible to be able to change FS and SS to ROLB/MLB/LOLB in the offseason??
And WR also to SS??
Thanks a lot.
No signature needed.

Return to “General Discussion”