Whats everyone playing these days?

patriotjames
All-Pro

Postby patriotjames » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:43 pm

Is Madden08 still the goat? Or have most moved on to the latest versions of pc and are they any good?

Would love to get back into this. My life has changed and I need a familiar hobby.

Sponsor

Sponsor

achernar
Hall of Fame

Re: Whats everyone playing these days?

Postby achernar » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:51 pm

I still playing M08

My main reason is the gameplay, after that the editor made the way to give my franchise more realistic
(something I did not try to do with newer Madden versions)

I played in PC the M19, found a pretty good game, but after 3 or 4 seasons became unplaybable for me... I learn a couple of cheese plays
that work 90% of the time, and the CPU simple could not adapt... and the Franchise Mode is so thin (if compared with M08) that is sad;;

Last year play a season of M23 (when it was in the Game Pass Catalog, XBOX ONE version) try for a full season the Superstar Mode
in the beggining was fun, but the came have a lot of bugs... one in particular load a whole office (apartament of the player) IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD... no kidding... and you cannot fix that... you could simulate the game, but I like to play every game of a season, you know what I mean...

Give a shot to Ultimate Team, two games after I give up of the mode... it's no for me...

In resume this new generation Madden it is below average IMO.

Changing a little bit, you should really try the mod to NCAA 06... The NEXT Mod
This is a incredible work they done here.. the '06 gameplay is awesome.

DOLPHINSKINGS1
All-Pro

Postby DOLPHINSKINGS1 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:19 pm

Madden 24 on my PS5. NHL 24 on my PS5.

Since we lost the best ROSTER & SCHEDULE MAKER for Madden 08 in Rogerjinx. I no longer play it. Killed my REAL MATCH SEASON PODCAST on Facebook. Everything.

Plus, it was time to move on. These newer versions are great to play with others or start a franchise on it. Plus, it has the right format for the playoffs 14 teams (where we could not have 14 teams in 08).
Miami Dolphins: Back-to-Back Super Bowl Champions '72-'73/ Undefeated Season Super Bowl VII & Super Bowl VIII
Los Angeles Kings: 2 Time Stanley Cup Champions 2012 & 2014

GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO KINGS GO!!!

sflcurt
Pro Bowl

Postby sflcurt » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:57 am

The problem with Madden 24, and, really, all of the Maddens except 08, is that you can ONLY play online games against another opponent using the current NFL Rosters. Thus, everyone wants to be the 49ers, Chiefs, Dolphins and Bills. No one wants to play with the Bears roster. I don't know what happened with the EA Development Team that created Madden 08 and its online play feature, but they really did a good thing - which I'm sure was by accident. Our fantasy league members, draft their team roster, then play each other online using those rosters, over the course of the season. There is no franchise management. We create our own schedule and the fun of the league is calling plays and working game-play strategies. Its been great; very competitive; we really enjoy it and I think EA is missing a huge market that could help the game survive in the future. Unfortunately, EA seems very closed-minded; can only see their vision of the game with all their franchise and MUT stuff, and, in my opinion, are killing the game.

Thedoctor98
Rookie

Postby Thedoctor98 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:28 pm

I'm in a still active 08 pc league. Over 20 active guys a season, and still going strong.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:36 am

Havent touched any new madden.
I play football manager and civilization. Madden08 sometimes. Just franchise mode.
No signature needed.

Return to “General Discussion”