Screen tearing

silenced
Rookie

Screen tearing

Postby silenced » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:14 pm

I've got Madden 08 up and running but there's one issue that won't go away: heavy screen tearing. It seems that the VSync option no longer works on Win 11. I've tried everything: Gsync is unsupported, Nvidia's driver Vsync doesn't appear to work, and compatibility settings crash the game (when used with C's scripts.)
Any advice?

Screen tearing

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: Screen tearing

Postby Rixster67r » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:51 pm

I am running Madden 08 on two different pc with windows 11 and not having any issues.....

I use calhoupes scripts and umod as well.....

This might help
Attachments
3DAnalyze.zip
(68.17 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

silenced
Rookie

Postby silenced » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:54 pm

Rixster67r wrote:I am running Madden 08 on two different pc with windows 11 and not having any issues.....

I use calhoupes scripts and umod as well.....

This might help

What is 3Danalyze? I tried launching it and got an error saying that forceDLL is missing and that I should reinstall.
I'm not saying that the game doesn't work properly. I'm just saying that the Vsync doesn't, and I have tears running horizontally whenever I move (they are invisible when standing still.)
Like this but MUCH less extreme

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:42 am

My bad.... there is more to it than what I posted.....

It is used to solve some issues with Windows 10 and Madden 04.... Yeah I Know 04 but it gives you lots of options so maybe it will fix your issue
Attachments
dontlinkthefile_3danalyzer-v236.zip
(874.15 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

silenced
Rookie

Postby silenced » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:14 pm

Rixster67r wrote:My bad.... there is more to it than what I posted.....

It is used to solve some issues with Windows 10 and Madden 04.... Yeah I Know 04 but it gives you lots of options so maybe it will fix your issue

Never mind, I found the issue, and it's nothing on my end; the game's poorly optimized hard-coded 60fps cap leaves artifacts that are easier to spot when modding the game to run in native 4K (I might post a guide on this soon.) VSync works fine but is either double-buffered or incapable of dealing with the issue. Unless you know a solution to this or the latency it causes, we can do nothing.

Return to “General Discussion”