Wait... Madden is back on the PC?

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:03 pm

What rock have I been living under?!

Tell me the deets!

Is it realistic? Does it run well on a generic computer? Are they going to continue the franchise?

Most important... is it editable?! Damn. I'm gonna have a long night reading this forum...

JD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Wait... Madden is back on the PC?

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:40 pm

Yep. Looks really good. Haven't played enough to tell you about the gameplay. Not yet anyway. Too busy with Hitman 2, Just Cause 3, Grand Theft Auto V, and Dragon Age, haha.

My computer is high end, so I can't really answer that question. But I can tell you that 1080p is smoother, at least on a GTX 1070, than 1440p is.

Some of it is editable. We have done work with rosters and some uniforms, but franchises, coaches, and more are not yet editable. And to edit rosters you have to jump through some hoops first.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:13 pm

RevanFan wrote:Some of it is editable. We have done work with rosters and some uniforms, but franchises, coaches, and more are not yet editable. And to edit rosters you have to jump through some hoops first.

Hmm.... perhaps it's time to dust get back into it again.

Although, I'm with you. The amount of other games I continue to play.... lol

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:12 am

JDHalfrack wrote:What rock have I been living under?!

Tell me the deets!

Is it realistic? Does it run well on a generic computer? Are they going to continue the franchise?

Most important... is it editable?! Damn. I'm gonna have a long night reading this forum...

JD

Is it realistic? YES

Does it run well on a generic computer? NO, you will need a decent graphic card;

Are they going to continue the franchise? yep, but is hard to keep motivate, a played only 5 seasons and go back to the Madden 08

LOBBS
All-Pro

Postby LOBBS » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:00 pm

I picked it up a few months ago and have really enjoyed it. I did have to upgrade my graphics card (to a GTX 970) and the power supply to feed it. I've played a few test franchises to get a feel for things. It has inspired me to finally get back into working on my roster ratings system. The complaints I had about how EA does their physical traits with 08 are only slightly better with M19. I'm currently applying the formulas to my year 2023 franchise that I'm going to keep for awhile and a roster that starts week 1 2018 for when I decide to start another one. I really do wish we had an editor that could access the franchise files. It would make things a lot easier.

I'm in the process of building a new stadium in my franchise so I'll take that as an opportunity to get into the custom uniforms/graphics side of things when I debut that.

Overall, I'm a fan of the progression system and new scheme fits model for building a team. I love the Super Sim feature. I'm not a button masher and actually enjoy the GM side of the game as much or more so than playing so I watch most of my games with it set to jump in at Key Moments. I find the draft scouting part much more engaging than 08. Part of that, I guess, is not having an editor so I can't see the ratings before the draft. I actually have to put in more work to target players I want in the draft. Though I think my physical ratings would slightly effect the draft if I could get to the classes before the draft.

There are little things that I think we're done better in 08 but I do believe that I'm on M19 for the long haul. I haven't booted up M08 since I bought the new game.

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:51 pm

Thanks for the reviews! I’ll have to definitely get this then. It should be cheaper now that the season is (almost) over at least :)

Return to “General Discussion”