I've been in a coma

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: I've been in a coma

Postby trey31 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:34 pm

mike9472 wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:Madden 20 is your best bet! It outperforms madden 08 & 19 hands down. everything we wanted Madden 08 to do, Madden 20 does!

Are you kidding?! The graphics are the only good thing about 19 & 20, the game play sucks. Go to youtube and look up ryan moody, he has video after video of everything that's broken with Madden 20. Madden 08 may not look as good, but it plays way better. Madden 04 or 05 may be even better, unfortunately we don't scripts to update the rules.

20 is far better than 19.

Ryan Moody is a whiny bitch who scrutinizes every single play in instant replay, specifically looking for things to criticize about the game, because he has turned "bitching about Madden" into a moderately successful career via his youtube channel.

You can do exactly the same thing he does with Madden 04. 06, 08, etc and find all sorts of player interaction glitches and graphical glitches.

EDIT wow just read further into the thread and want to comment on the MUT bullshit... Don't touch it. Don't open it. Don't click Ok on any of the MUT popups. That's it. I've never had a single MUT transaction or game played on 19 or 20. Predatory practices towards children? Sure. But if you don't want to interact with MUT, do what I do and simply don't interact with MUT. There is a lot of good stuff in 20, if you despise MUT like me just ignore it. It's not like FIFA and Racing games and NBA 2K haven't all done the same shit recently...
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:18 pm

Madden franchise 20 vs 08, weekly game planning is much improved, deeper detailed and more interesting than 08! Madden 08 only practice/focus 3 off and 3 def plays and there is no true game planning! Madden 20 has enhanced the weekly task and game planning x10 vs M08! Madden 08 weekly game planning is basic compared to new game planning of M20 version! I noticed some added elements from the NFL Head Coach 06/09 game into M20 weekly planning! I haven't touched the new XP ratings points yet! Trey31, I never touched MUT, no need! If I want that experience, I could easily create the players in Madden 20 myself and just do a fantasy draft!

albedarnit
All-Pro

Postby albedarnit » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:13 pm

trey31 wrote:
mike9472 wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:Madden 20 is your best bet! It outperforms madden 08 & 19 hands down. everything we wanted Madden 08 to do, Madden 20 does!

Are you kidding?! The graphics are the only good thing about 19 & 20, the game play sucks. Go to youtube and look up ryan moody, he has video after video of everything that's broken with Madden 20. Madden 08 may not look as good, but it plays way better. Madden 04 or 05 may be even better, unfortunately we don't scripts to update the rules.

20 is far better than 19.

Ryan Moody is a whiny bitch who scrutinizes every single play in instant replay, specifically looking for things to criticize about the game, because he has turned "bitching about Madden" into a moderately successful career via his youtube channel.

You can do exactly the same thing he does with Madden 04. 06, 08, etc and find all sorts of player interaction glitches and graphical glitches.

EDIT wow just read further into the thread and want to comment on the MUT bullshit... Don't touch it. Don't open it. Don't click Ok on any of the MUT popups. That's it. I've never had a single MUT transaction or game played on 19 or 20. Predatory practices towards children? Sure. But if you don't want to interact with MUT, do what I do and simply don't interact with MUT. There is a lot of good stuff in 20, if you despise MUT like me just ignore it. It's not like FIFA and Racing games and NBA 2K haven't all done the same shit recently...

Hey Trey31. Just wanted you to know. I've been on the fence for some time about plunging into the new Madden PC games. I read reviews everywhere online and still wasn't convinced. Then I went to your Madden 19 thread. Now I'm 63 years old and have been around the block a few times. I found your review to be informative, honest and objective compared to anything I've seen online. You need to start your own YouTube channel to counter the Ryan Moodys of the world. You've convinced me to go ahead and take the plunge! Do I expect to have the exact experience you have had? Hell no. I'm me and you are you. But if there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that when you stop learning and trying new things, your dead. Life is boring and you just sit and waste away. I even have a new PC being custom built for the occasion. And yes RevanFan it will run Madden and then some. and I thank you for input and advice. So, in conclusion, thank you Trey31 for reminding that sitting on sidelines and just watching isn't always rhe best way to do things.
"Every coach has his own style of play, but when you spend your whole life as a Cowboy, you have to be influenced by what we did." - Tom Landry

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:59 pm

albedarnit wrote:Hey Trey31. Just wanted you to know. I've been on the fence for some time about plunging into the new Madden PC games. I read reviews everywhere online and still wasn't convinced. Then I went to your Madden 19 thread. Now I'm 63 years old and have been around the block a few times. I found your review to be informative, honest and objective compared to anything I've seen online. You need to start your own YouTube channel to counter the Ryan Moodys of the world. You've convinced me to go ahead and take the plunge! Do I expect to have the exact experience you have had? Hell no. I'm me and you are you. But if there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that when you stop learning and trying new things, your dead. Life is boring and you just sit and waste away. I even have a new PC being custom built for the occasion. And yes RevanFan it will run Madden and then some. and I thank you for input and advice. So, in conclusion, thank you Trey31 for reminding that sitting on sidelines and just watching isn't always rhe best way to do things.

I'm glad you found that review thread of mine helpful. To be honest I never got a really good run game going in 19 even after writing that review. I'd get some good runs but never could seem to put together a solid run game for 4 quarters. 20 on the other hand has been much improved for running. Mostly still the same franchise as 19, but the gameplay is even better.

I'm glad I made the leap. Spent hours and hours modding 08 but after I broke 08's pandora's box of the PLYT tags and their effect on gameplay, I just never found myself playing as much. Probably why I spent so much time modding textures on 08. 19/20 on the other hand... I'm still building playbooks via morphy's playbook editor and frankly the AI code in 20 is... just vastly more complex than 01-12 ever was. No more PLYT trickery to create instant exploits or cheese. The backbone of the code that the game is built on is just significantly more sturdy. A lot of people complain "muh, animationz..." but frankly the matchups on the field, in my opinion, don't really compare to any other football game, 2K5 and 2K8 included.

The only thing that really irks me about 20 is the SRFT tables in playbooks for blocking/rushing assignments. But I don't want to get into all that in a general discussion thread, and either way I'm fixing it by making all new rushers/blitzers PSALs from scratch that use code 3 and/or 4 "move direction" assignments instead of "pass rush" assignments, which basically just lock defenders to gaps. Great for rush defense and gap discipline, bad for creating havok in the backfield on passing plays.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

ehlomint
All-Pro

Postby ehlomint » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:31 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
KO'BBF wrote:I'm curious about NFL Fever. I've never played that one. Is it arcade, like blitz, or more sim oriented?

It was Microsoft's attempt to extend their gaming platform in video football with NFL Fever 2000. It was a decent sim style. Mark Brunell was cover art player. NFLPA Licensed, I liked it, and played the franchise season! Play-by-play was FOX broadcast, Dick Stockton & Matt Millen! Play style just like Madden 2000! Also included in-game play editor!

Do any of you have NFL Fever and get it working on Windows 10?

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:16 pm

ehlomint wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
KO'BBF wrote:I'm curious about NFL Fever. I've never played that one. Is it arcade, like blitz, or more sim oriented?

It was Microsoft's attempt to extend their gaming platform in video football with NFL Fever 2000. It was a decent sim style. Mark Brunell was cover art player. NFLPA Licensed, I liked it, and played the franchise season! Play-by-play was FOX broadcast, Dick Stockton & Matt Millen! Play style just like Madden 2000! Also included in-game play editor!

Do any of you have NFL Fever and get it working on Windows 10?

I do have the cd, but I won't attempt to install it on Windows 10 pc. I have it currently installed on a Win-Vista PC. But the game play is super fast, like fast forward, GPU and CPU are too fast for the game. I have an older E-Machine 700 MHz pc and Toshiba Pentium III 600 MHz that it should work fine with, but it's not installed on either of them.

Return to “General Discussion”