Reinstalling Origin

Chargerbolt
Pro Bowl

Reinstalling Origin

Postby Chargerbolt » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:11 pm

I had to reformat my computer and the Madden games and origin aren't there. I tried to reinstall Origin but I am unable to because it says that I am missing a file. What am I supposed to do to have Origin again?

Reinstalling Origin

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Reinstalling Origin

Postby RevanFan » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:54 pm

Chargerbolt wrote:I had to reformat my computer and the Madden games and origin aren't there. I tried to reinstall Origin but I am unable to because it says that I am missing a file. What am I supposed to do to have Origin again?

What is the EXACT error you get? Could you copy it here or post a screenshot of it? Also are you using a fresh copy of the installer for Origin, and have you fully updated your copy of Windows to the latest updates?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Chargerbolt
Pro Bowl

Postby Chargerbolt » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:41 pm

I can't get a screenshot. But I'll tell you what it says. It says, in bolded;The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I think I have the latest updates and all the requirement you could need for the game. Could it be on EA's part? The technical side of things?

As I write this, the new game, M21, is about to be released officially. I need to know if the game will run in order to purchase and play the new game. I have M19 and M20, but will not run because of the issue.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:55 pm

Chargerbolt wrote:I can't get a screenshot. But I'll tell you what it says. It says, in bolded;The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I think I have the latest updates and all the requirement you could need for the game. Could it be on EA's part? The technical side of things?

As I write this, the new game, M21, is about to be released officially. I need to know if the game will run in order to purchase and play the new game. I have M19 and M20, but will not run because of the issue.

Looks like this is a Windows issue. I found a post on Microsoft's forums suggesting you should try to run a search for the file in your system32 folder, and even if you do have it, you may want to install the 2017 (or 2019) Visual C++ Redistributable library.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads
My Cowboys Journal

Chargerbolt
Pro Bowl

Postby Chargerbolt » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:12 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Chargerbolt wrote:I can't get a screenshot. But I'll tell you what it says. It says, in bolded;The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

Looks like this is a Windows issue. I found a post on Microsoft's forums suggesting you should try to run a search for the file in your system32 folder, and even if you do have it, you may want to install the 2017 (or 2019) Visual C++ Redistributable library.

Yeah, I read that prior to replying to this.

Isn't X64 supposed to be superior to X86?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:31 pm

Chargerbolt wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Yeah, I read that prior to replying to this.

Isn't X64 supposed to be superior to X86?

They are different instruction sets. x64 is 64-bit whereas x86 is 32-bit. x64 is "better", but sometimes x86 is needed as well. I'd say install the x64 version first. If that doesn't give you what you need, install the x86 version.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “General Discussion”