Madden 21 Franchise Mode backlash

JusBlaze412
Rookie

Postby JusBlaze412 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:26 pm

The Madden 21 Franchise details have been released and it's not good. The hashtag #FixMaddenFranchise has been trending since yesterday and EA has STILL not responded to it.

Looks like I will be sticking with Madden 08 / 20. Thoughts?
Creative Director

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 21 Franchise Mode backlash

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:20 pm

With that info, it looks like I may skip purchasing the Madden 21 PC title until it sells for under $20, or even skip it entirely and wait for the 21-22 title release! I won't be spending $50 for a patched version of Madden 20!

albedarnit
All-Pro

Postby albedarnit » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:59 am

MikeWest502 wrote:With that info, it looks like I may skip purchasing the Madden 21 PC title until it sells for under $20, or even skip it entirely and wait for the 21-22 title release! I won't be spending $50 for a patched version of Madden 20!

I gotta tell ya. I've chatted with some of the EA Sports people and the arrogance and disdain they display for franchise players is just unbelievable. Unless they actually include a Franchise mode that's at least as good as 07, preferably 04, I am done with these people. I've never done the MUT thing and never will. IMO, it has destroyed the game. And what bs concerning the NFL renewing their license. Frankly, with Goodell at helm, I see nothing but bad in the NFL's future. I haven't watched a game since the Patriots beat Atlanta in the Super Bowl. It's no where near the game it was when I started to get into as a kid in 1968. So sad... The only major sport in the US that I see as anything close to fun to watch is the NHL. I bought Madden 20 thinking there was at least a glimmer of hope that they were on the right track as far as franchise mode goes. I was so disappointed. The graphics and for the most part, the mechanics are pretty awesome. But for my hard earned cash, and considering today's technology, I was expecting more. I refuse to buy any more Madden until and if they ever bring back the real franchise mode. Sorry for the rant guys. I was just so enraged at how they treated me and my opinion on franchise. I was respectful to them and expected the same from them. Anyway, enough said. Keep gaming and lets continue to do what we have managed to do with 15 year old technology. Thanks for all you guys have done and continue to do and for sharing all your knowledge with a regular Joe like me. It's FUN!!!!
"Every coach has his own style of play, but when you spend your whole life as a Cowboy, you have to be influenced by what we did." - Tom Landry

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:13 pm

albedarnit wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:With that info, it looks like I may skip purchasing the Madden 21 PC title until it sells for under $20, or even skip it entirely and wait for the 21-22 title release! I won't be spending $50 for a patched version of Madden 20!

I gotta tell ya. I've chatted with some of the EA Sports people and the arrogance and disdain they display for franchise players is just unbelievable. Unless they actually include a Franchise mode that's at least as good as 07, preferably 04, I am done with these people. I've never done the MUT thing and never will. IMO, it has destroyed the game. And what bs concerning the NFL renewing their license. Frankly, with Goodell at helm, I see nothing but bad in the NFL's future. I haven't watched a game since the Patriots beat Atlanta in the Super Bowl. It's no where near the game it was when I started to get into as a kid in 1968. So sad... The only major sport in the US that I see as anything close to fun to watch is the NHL. I bought Madden 20 thinking there was at least a glimmer of hope that they were on the right track as far as franchise mode goes. I was so disappointed. The graphics and for the most part, the mechanics are pretty awesome. But for my hard earned cash, and considering today's technology, I was expecting more. I refuse to buy any more Madden until and if they ever bring back the real franchise mode. Sorry for the rant guys. I was just so enraged at how they treated me and my opinion on franchise. I was respectful to them and expected the same from them. Anyway, enough said. Keep gaming and lets continue to do what we have managed to do with 15 year old technology. Thanks for all you guys have done and continue to do and for sharing all your knowledge with a regular Joe like me. It's FUN!!!!

Rant away comrade! A madden wish list is only wishful thinking unless you're a MUT on console! I thought EA would see that the PC version should have been the best version(s) and concentrated their efforts to make the PC version the best! But instead EA jumped over to the console gaming pov and left us hanging!

Also there were too many versions of pc's, processors, GPU, memory configurations, that they had to design for and patch which cost them more than they were willing to spend resources on. Imo, they were just plain cheap! It was cheaper for them to make a PS and XBOX title which are single cell units and imo cheaply made!

They did finally realize they were loosing $$$ because there was no pc version between 08-19! So they brought back novelty version 19 failed and continued it's up scaled failure with M20!

I own consoles because they were gifts! I'll never purchase any console! My titles were also gifts or when GameStop closed doors, the title's were $1 and buy 2 get 1 free. So a $50 gift card, given to me got me 75 console titles!

I purchased Madden 19 and returned it. Then purchased M20 thinking it was going to be a gem. But like Charlie Brown said, "I got a rock"! Now I only use M20 for updated playbooks to import to 08!

Return to “General Discussion”