Uploading jersey numbers

Modifying Madden 19
tomservo
Rookie

Uploading jersey numbers

Postby tomservo » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:40 am

I uploaded some custom numbers into M19. I used the Number Array Helper successfully and it worked well but I have some numbers that I made that I wanted to import. So I followed the process but instead of using the .png file included with the built-in array, I made my own numbers, pasted them into empty 512x512 graphics, loaded them into Photoshop, saved as DDS using the right settings according to Number Array Helper. Then I followed the normal process by putting into a .dds array and loading them into Frosty and launching the game.

They appear okay except in some camera views the edges are chopped off. The number files are 512x512 but obviously you can't use the full width for the number since numbers are taller than wider. None of the pics I see uploaded of custom jerseys seem to have this issue. Maybe it's my crappy graphics card that I need to get updated, but they don't look quite right. Again, I used the Number Array Helper but instead of using the included .png file I made my own .png files from my number template. Should I not be doing this, is that why the trim's getting chopped off, or are they just too big? It seems any wider than 300px the edges get chopped off.

Uploading jersey numbers

Sponsor

Sponsor

NICK
All-Pro

Re: Uploading jersey numbers

Postby NICK » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:08 pm

tomservo wrote:I uploaded some custom numbers into M19. I used the Number Array Helper successfully and it worked well but I have some numbers that I made that I wanted to import. So I followed the process but instead of using the .png file included with the built-in array, I made my own numbers, pasted them into empty 512x512 graphics, loaded them into Photoshop, saved as DDS using the right settings according to Number Array Helper. Then I followed the normal process by putting into a .dds array and loading them into Frosty and launching the game.

They appear okay except in some camera views the edges are chopped off. The number files are 512x512 but obviously you can't use the full width for the number since numbers are taller than wider. None of the pics I see uploaded of custom jerseys seem to have this issue. Maybe it's my crappy graphics card that I need to get updated, but they don't look quite right. Again, I used the Number Array Helper but instead of using the included .png file I made my own .png files from my number template. Should I not be doing this, is that why the trim's getting chopped off, or are they just too big? It seems any wider than 300px the edges get chopped off.

The background is 512 x 512, however the dimensions of the numbers themselves within the 512 x 512 should be no larger than 276 wide x 468 tall. You may can go a little bit larger than that, but you run the risk of the numbers being cut off.
JOHN 3:16

Return to “Modding”