Madden 19 BGFE Editor

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 19 BGFE Editor

Postby StingRay68 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:46 pm

BUG :
Importing a generic graphic works once, doing it again will keep adding the same id.
Forgot to add the imported id to the list of already used ids.
Will fix it, but working on other stuff at the moment.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Seeman22
Rookie

Postby Seeman22 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:32 pm

Stingray: is anybody else reporting a bug when using your portrait importer with SABO's Mod.

I may be doing something incorrect: but if you load SABO's Mode all the portraits are eliminated in the game.

Any Thoughts?

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:16 pm

Seeman22 wrote:Stingray: is anybody else reporting a bug when using your portrait importer with SABO's Mod.
I may be doing something incorrect: but if you load SABO's Mode all the portraits are eliminated in the game.
Any Thoughts?

No, haven't heard anything from anyone else.
If his mod includes loading a modified portrait.ast, then it would make sense that there could be problems if you are also trying to load your own.

StoneWallace17
Rookie

Postby StoneWallace17 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:43 am

I added (not replaced) 3 new portraits and now all the other portraits that come with the game load noticeably slower. I think I didn't have this problem when I first tested the tool (but can't check to be sure), is this normal or did I do something wrong?

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:00 am

StoneWallace17 wrote:I added (not replaced) 3 new portraits and now all the other portraits that come with the game load noticeably slower. I think I didn't have this problem when I first tested the tool (but can't check to be sure), is this normal or did I do something wrong?

Depends, did you read my post about the bug that is present when importing new graphics?
So, depending on how you added them, perhaps. I haven't noticed a significant slowdown when replacing/adding pics, at least from the roster management screens. I have not checked to see how it loads during game presentation.

StoneWallace17
Rookie

Postby StoneWallace17 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:30 pm

StingRay68 wrote:
StoneWallace17 wrote:I added (not replaced) 3 new portraits and now all the other portraits that come with the game load noticeably slower. I think I didn't have this problem when I first tested the tool (but can't check to be sure), is this normal or did I do something wrong?

Depends, did you read my post about the bug that is present when importing new graphics?
So, depending on how you added them, perhaps. I haven't noticed a significant slowdown when replacing/adding pics, at least from the roster management screens. I have not checked to see how it loads during game presentation.

I did, I don't think the listed bugs really apply here. I've used the "EzekielElliott-File7993.DDS" formatting with new player names and the ID starting at 24. Different ID for each portrait added. Slowdown in roster menu isn't super significant, just a minor annoyance since they load near instantly without a modded portraits file.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:34 pm

StoneWallace17 wrote:I did, I don't think the listed bugs really apply here. I've used the "EzekielElliott-File7993.DDS" formatting with new player names and the ID starting at 24. Different ID for each portrait added. Slowdown in roster menu isn't super significant, just a minor annoyance since they load near instantly without a modded portraits file.

My Wile E Coyote graphic pops instantly. There are some players that there is a slight delay, maybe 1/2 a sec. Other players pop up instantly. Probably depends on the graphic. Not something that would annoy me, but if it bothers you, don't use custom portraits.
Also, have you ever tried exporting the portraits.ast with frosty and then importing the same exact file.
Those delays loading pictures are far longer than the delays you will get with a saved file from the bgfe editor.
Honestly, the overall loading delays from just trying to choose various options from the menus in madden 19 are way more annoying than any portraits delay.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:26 pm

Fixed bug that wasn't adding generic imports to the list of used ids

bharrison189
Rookie

Postby bharrison189 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:48 pm

I was able to change several portraits successfully but they revert back to default for in game stats and at the trade center screen. Any idea what other files might need to be changed or why it’s doing that?

Edit: I think I figured it out. Their are two files you have to edit in the ast. It’s the players ID and then that number plus 10000.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:00 am

bharrison189 wrote:I think I figured it out. Their are two files you have to edit in the ast. It’s the players ID and then that number plus 10000.

Interesting, I wondered why some images were 256x256 and others were 512x512

Return to “Utilities”