Online PvP

trey31
Hall of Fame

Online PvP

Postby trey31 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:30 pm

I won't be picking this up until maybe the 11th, but I plan to give PvP a go pretty early on. I'm assuming we add friends via gamertags like Steam and PSN? Anyone familiar with online play on Madden 18 XB1/PS4 want to chime in with how it works and maybe some do's and don'ts for PvP strategies?

If anyone wants to pad their win column PM me or reply, I promise I'm going to be absolute trash because of the controls! :lol: But I can't wait, been a long time since I bought a new Madden game at release.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Online PvP

Sponsor

Sponsor

armyofone
Veteran

Re: Online PvP

Postby armyofone » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:20 pm

I've played in online PS4 leagues with 16 and 17 and don't recall any issues, but a few of the other guys would report freezes on a rare occasion. As far as joining games....for actual franchise league games, once your invited into the league its basically a scheduling thing between the two teams but once both are online and inside the franchise, one user starts the game as normal (host), which sends a message inside of Madden to the other user to join. Like I said, never had any online issues myself.

armyofone
Veteran

Postby armyofone » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:22 pm

for play now games, you would have just have to know his gametag and then send him/her an invite to join...enter gamertag and it sends a message thru the PS4 with an invitation to join.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:29 pm

armyofone wrote:for play now games, you would have just have to know his gametag and then send him/her an invite to join...enter gamertag and it sends a message thru the PS4 with an invitation to join.

That sounds pretty straightforward. Thanks!

Btw, are you armyofone on OS too? If so, I used your sliders for M12 (in 2013) as the base set for a bunch of interacting testing and ended up doing my own sets based off of what I originally saw with yours. Pretty cool. Your set was a really great starting point.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

armyofone
Veteran

Postby armyofone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:04 pm

same dude man, nice! Still way too early on this game yet, but default sliders are doing well on CPU vs CPU so far. They have dropped 6 patches so far on 19 and we haven't even hit the real release date yet. Good sign or bad...who knows

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:43 pm

armyofone wrote:same dude man, nice! Still way too early on this game yet, but default sliders are doing well on CPU vs CPU so far. They have dropped 6 patches so far on 19 and we haven't even hit the real release date yet. Good sign or bad...who knows

That's great news about the default sliders doing well! Do you know if roster updates are separate from the game patches? 6 installation patches (non-roster updates) is a lot in the span of 8 days or whatever. But to be honest I'd rather see a ton of patches than an unpatched broken product. Either way, I'm stoked to have a new Madden game on PC!

armyofone
Veteran

Postby armyofone » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Most of these updates are fixes. I have not played since the weekend, but the first two were fixes. I'll see what happens tonight when I run one game and let ya know how it is currently.

Return to “Online Play and Leagues”