Player Editing

TVGuy22
Pro Bowl

Player Editing

Postby TVGuy22 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi guys, long time 2k4 player here. My franchise finally took a dump on me, and I got tired of using bandaids, so I have moved to 08. So far, so good. The mods and Calhoupe's scripts are working and I'm in the regular season.

In the offseasons my 2k4 franchise, I would change the names and schools of the 1st round draft picks by using a list of names I have gathered over the years. I would do that by changing the .fra to .ros right before the regular season begins, making the edits, then going back to .fra to start the next season.

Seems to me with 2008 it would be easier to do this in NZA 1.3 or AMP instead, right? Is one or the other better to use for that application?

Thanks to all of you guys for all the expertise and effort. I have read every franchise guide, FAQ and watched every tutorial. :D

Player Editing

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Player Editing

Postby RevanFan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:35 am

TVGuy22 wrote:Seems to me with 2008 it would be easier to do this in NZA 1.3 or AMP instead, right? Is one or the other better to use for that application?

Much easier. I prefer NZA myself, but they're both great. Just pick whichever has a UI you prefer.

Just make sure you only edit the rookies during the retirement stage of the offseason, if doing edits before the draft. If you do the edits after the draft, it's safe to do them during the rookie signing stage or once you get to the preseason.

Also, If you want to change the names that are randomized by the game during the creation of a draft class, you can do that using the DB Editor. I'm not on my desktop now, but I can get the field names for you later if you want. Though you should note that the FF Mod already changes the name lists.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

TVGuy22
Pro Bowl

Postby TVGuy22 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:16 am

Thanks for the reply, Revan. In 2k4, I would make the name changes after the preseason was over, but before regular season week 1 started. Would that be a safe time to make the edits in 08?

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:31 pm

One weird thing you'll notice is when you edit equipment with NZA, your changes will not show if you play at a stadium with turf. Its something that carried over from the PS2 version of the game.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:22 pm

TVGuy22 wrote:Thanks for the reply, Revan. In 2k4, I would make the name changes after the preseason was over, but before regular season week 1 started. Would that be a safe time to make the edits in 08?

Safe times to edit players?

Code: Select all

Any time during the preseason, regular season, or playoffs.
The retirement stage of the offseason (edits to draft classes should be done here)
The re-sign players stage of the offseason
The sign draft picks stage of the offseason

You can try making edits during other stages, but those are confirmed safe.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Rosters”