Madden ate my custom teams

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:23 pm

I forgot that roster only has the current 32 teams and a ton of extra free agents. I loaded the game, then loaded the Default Roster included in the latest mod. I was trying to play a game with the Fantasy Teams (Monsters vs Mummies)! After realizing the fantasy teams were not there, I went on to load my custom roster with my NFL, NBA, NCAA & NFL Europe teams. But when I loaded that roster, all of the custom teams were gone, including the NCAA and NFL Europe teams that I imported!

I closed Madden, opened the roster in the DB Editor and none of the custom teams are there. They just vanished into thin air! I didn't save or delete any teams. But somehow after opening my custom roster after loading the default roster within the DB_template file glitched my roster. I do have a backup, but that roster is 3 months old and didn't include half the NCAA or NFL Europe teams I worked to update. What a mess! :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :x

Sponsor

Sponsor

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Re: Madden ate my custom teams

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:28 am

MikeWest502 wrote:I forgot that roster only has the current 32 teams and a ton of extra free agents. I loaded the game, then loaded the Default Roster included in the latest mod. I was trying to play a game with the Fantasy Teams (Monsters vs Mummies)! After realizing the fantasy teams were not there, I went on to load my custom roster with my NFL, NBA, NCAA & NFL Europe teams. But when I loaded that roster, all of the custom teams were gone, including the NCAA and NFL Europe teams that I imported!

I closed Madden, opened the roster in the DB Editor and none of the custom teams are there. They just vanished into thin air! I didn't save or delete any teams. But somehow after opening my custom roster after loading the default roster within the DB_template file glitched my roster. I do have a backup, but that roster is 3 months old and didn't include half the NCAA or NFL Europe teams I worked to update. What a mess! :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :x

I'm real scared of that happening. Working on a GSL mod right now and I really do NOT want to lose all the teams I've made so far.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:09 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:I forgot that roster only has the current 32 teams and a ton of extra free agents. I loaded the game, then loaded the Default Roster included in the latest mod. I was trying to play a game with the Fantasy Teams (Monsters vs Mummies)! After realizing the fantasy teams were not there, I went on to load my custom roster with my NFL, NBA, NCAA & NFL Europe teams. But when I loaded that roster, all of the custom teams were gone, including the NCAA and NFL Europe teams that I imported!

I'm real scared of that happening. Working on a GSL mod right now and I really do NOT want to lose all the teams I've made so far.

Yeah, it's a total failure. Make sure to backup your daily progress, daily! :?

Edit: There was a ill effect when I load my custom NBA franchise. The uniforms reverted back to the 1st uniforms I created for the custom teams! Example is, the first uniforms had double and triple stripe socks. I went back later and edited all the teams to have single or no stripe socks. Yesterday I loaded the .fra an played Nets vs Celtics, both teams were wearing the old double/triple stripe socks.

So what I think has happened after reviewing my files. Because I never exported the custom teams after my many uniform and stadium updates, only saved the changes to the roster. The .dbt files are all dated back to 02-24-2020 and don't include the many custom art updates. All of the teams custom art files have dates from Jan & Feb of 2021. So I'm currently exporting every team after an update to update the .dbt team files! The Dam has broken, what a mess!!

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:28 pm

If you make the roster with all the custom art . Take the .dbt and .dat files and place them in a separate file. This keeps the info on teams and their custom art. Also make use that those files and custom art files are on a stick. I now have a separate cpu with all the work I have done as a back up. Plus if you have a Medifire acct. or mega file place them on the site.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:45 am

BUS36 wrote:If you make the roster with all the custom art . Take the .dbt and .dat files and place them in a separate file. This keeps the info on teams and their custom art. Also make use that those files and custom art files are on a stick. I now have a separate cpu with all the work I have done as a back up. Plus if you have a Medifire acct. or mega file place them on the site.

Got it, thanks! Another problem is, the .dbt files do not get updated when you update custom art for the teams. You have to export the teams and over-write the .dbt files to keep the new changes. When I updated custom art, I didn't export the teams to create the updated .dbt files. Thus, I lost all of the updates and had to do them over, but this time I exported them!

The .dbt files are in the Teams folder. I made copies of the updates and put them and the custom arts folders on my other pc!

Yeah, and it still pains me that Madden ate my custom teams from the roster, but left the default NFL teams on the roster intact! Still scratching my head on that one! :?

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:16 am

I think if you had to swap out teams using MadWolf, It considers the NFL teams as a base...Now unless you use a clean (or Blank roster) roster..no teams even on the roster, you can built a complete roster then create a Mod with that roster. I know that there other steps with that but the last one ( MAFL) I did that way I had elquapo set that part up.

One big draw is keeping the Shark as "0" team
Attachments
Clean.ros
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 89 times
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:28 am

If Madden could talk, I wonder if it would tell what your custom teams tasted like?

BigDaddyCool
All-Pro

Postby BigDaddyCool » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:21 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:If Madden could talk, I wonder if it would tell what your custom teams tasted like?

Probably tasted like Chicken...
BIGDADDYCOOL IS YA HOOKUP...HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME!!!!!!!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:48 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:If Madden could talk, I wonder if it would tell what your custom teams tasted like?

:lol:

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:50 pm

BigDaddyCool wrote:

Probably tasted like Chicken...

What ever it taste like, it sure left a bad taste in my mouth! :oops:

Return to “Rosters”