Making coaching changes

j4ck01
All-Pro

Making coaching changes

Postby j4ck01 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:24 pm

Decided to do some progress with coaching changes and I know there will be a whole bunch of hires and fires. If I can't edit or create coaches, I would like some help but, that's a few months away.
Madden 2008 Editor Bills.png
Madden 2008 Editor Bills.png (3.59 KiB) Viewed 568 times

Madden 2008 Editor Steelers.png
Madden 2008 Editor Steelers.png (3.28 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Feel free to support me on Patreon for early access to new uniforms: https://www.patreon.com/j4ck01

Making coaching changes

Sponsor

Sponsor

Raston
MVP

Re: Making coaching changes

Postby Raston » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:36 pm

If it's for Madden 08 you can edit the coaches but make sure that when you do it it's within the team the coach is on. If you don't chances are the coach will be deleted and to get the coach back is a hassle. I suggest backing up your roster before attempting editing. You can also create coaches but do it from coaches within the list of coaches and not create a new one. I think the limit of coaches is 217, would have to look, but if you go over that limit strange things happen. I think the reason being that after the first season 3 or 4 retired players are added as coaches.

j4ck01
All-Pro

Postby j4ck01 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:30 am

Raston wrote:If it's for Madden 08 you can edit the coaches but make sure that when you do it it's within the team the coach is on. If you don't chances are the coach will be deleted and to get the coach back is a hassle. I suggest backing up your roster before attempting editing. You can also create coaches but do it from coaches within the list of coaches and not create a new one. I think the limit of coaches is 217, would have to look, but if you go over that limit strange things happen. I think the reason being that after the first season 3 or 4 retired players are added as coaches.

So, how do I delete and create a coach in case for next season hires? Any topics I should read to?
Feel free to support me on Patreon for early access to new uniforms: https://www.patreon.com/j4ck01

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:05 pm

I usually didn't delete a coach and if I needed to make a new one I would find a coach in the list that had left the NFL, retired, or was not a coordinator anymore. To do the new coach I'd research him to learn his skills and preferences and input an idea of what he would be like. To edit a coach that isn't currently on a team be sure to rename his team Free Agent. If you don't change the coach's team to Free Agent he will end up on one of the teams which you don't want. I guess if you wanted to put the new coach on a team anyway then just put the team he's going to in the team window, save, then go to that team and remove the coach you want to replace by putting his years left on contract to zero and list his team as Free Agent and save. Next thing you'll have to do for either way is to get the program Madden_DB_Editor_V3.0, load your roster, go to Coaches, and then find the coach you sent to FA. His TGIF number will be 1009 you need to change it to 1023 and save roster. Before you do any of this stuff be sure to backup your roster. One mistake and it can cause a lot of headache.

Return to “Rosters”