Nfl head coach

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Nfl head coach

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:10 pm

rogerjinx wrote:Oh my. That proves what I heard about the sim engine of this game. Seems like they focused on the management style of the game.

Well, it got worse! The regualr season is over. Lamont Jordan OVR 78 finisded with 2461 rush yards on 700 attempts. He had more rush yards than 14 of the starting QB's had pass yards. Sadly Steve McNair rated 92 OVR finished with just 1024 pass yards. P. Manning got hurt during week 7. His replacement rated 73 OVR finished with 2321 yads passing.

Better QB's like M. Vick, Alex Smith, Trent Green, Drew Brees, Ben. R., M. Bulger, all had less passing yards than Jordan's rush total. The Chiefs went 16-0 again, but a coach 10-6 won Coach of the Year. 35 yr old Jerome Bettis rushed for 1455 yards to sum up how bad the offensive sim stats were.

WR's across the league had better sim stats with the highest reception total of 91 and most yards 1264.

On defense, the highest sacks by an individual was 20 and the total tackles by the tackles leader was 139, just above the numbers during that period in the NFL. Defensive INT's were spot on with the highest number being 10 for the sim engine.

The offensive sim stats seem to be more far fetched than the defensive numbers across the board. While the best numbers from the simmed stats resulted from special teams play. The B- that was recently reported has dropped to a C-. I will be taking a break from the site soon. My 3-D printer will arrive Tuesday. My focus will be on completing my product's patent application(s) and the 3-D model prototypes.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:16 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:Oh my. That proves what I heard about the sim engine of this game. Seems like they focused on the management style of the game.

Well, it got worse! The regualr season is over. Lamont Jordan OVR 78 finisded with 2461 rush yards on 700 attempts. He had more rush yards than 14 of the starting QB's had pass yards. Sadly Steve McNair rated 92 OVR finished with just 1024 pass yards. P. Manning got hurt during week 7. His replacement rated 73 OVR finished with 2321 yads passing.

Better QB's like M. Vick, Alex Smith, Trent Green, Drew Brees, Ben. R., M. Bulger, all had less passing yards than Jordan's rush total. The Chiefs went 16-0 again, but a coach 10-6 won Coach of the Year. 35 yr old Jerome Bettis rushed for 1455 yards to sum up how bad the offensive sim stats were.

WR's across the league had better sim stats with the highest reception total of 91 and most yards 1264.

On defense, the highest sacks by an individual was 20 and the total tackles by the tackles leader was 139, just above the numbers during that period in the NFL. Defensive INT's were spot on with the highest number being 10 for the sim engine.

EDIT: Another failure in the game's AI is the QB AI. When receivers run streak/go routes the AI always waits until the receiver is at the end of the route and 99.9% throws into a jump ball situation. Never does the QB throw early when the receiver gets on top of the DB to make a catch in stride.

The offensive sim stats seem to be more far fetched than the defensive numbers across the board. While the best numbers from the simmed stats resulted from special teams play. The B- that was recently reported has dropped to a C-. I will be taking a break from the site soon. My 3-D printer will arrive Tuesday. My focus will be on completing my product's patent application(s) and the 3-D model prototypes.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:26 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

EDIT: Another failure in the game's AI is the QB AI. When receivers run streak/go routes the AI always waits until the receiver is at the end of the route and 99.9% throws into a jump ball situation. Never does the QB throw early when the receiver gets on top of the DB to make a catch in stride.

Oh my..if only I can find the table for the AI.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:14 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Oh my..if only I can find the table for the AI.

It would be great if the game's AI could be patched/overhauled. I made a more complete list of AI failures. 8-)

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:35 am

Update:
UNIFORMS:
Done 2 uniforms for each team (Home and Away). I still need to do the ProBowl uni.

STADIUMS:
Done with Bears, Bengals, Bills, Broncos, Browns and Bucs.

natureboy
Pro Bowl

Postby natureboy » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:29 pm

Roger, is there a way to update the draft classes yearly? Say I started with the default 2006 roster, is there a way to import the 2007 draft class for the following year? I know we have all of the recent draft classes for Madden 08 on here currently.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:57 pm

rogerjinx wrote:Update:
UNIFORMS:
Done 2 uniforms for each team (Home and Away). I still need to do the ProBowl uni.

STADIUMS:

Great work! The game doesn't have the pro bowl if i recall correctly, unless it's an extreme rarity to get to coach the pro bowl. Any news on turf upgrade compatibility?

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:45 pm

TheRareButter wrote:
UNIFORMS:

STADIUMS:

Great work! The game doesn't have the pro bowl if i recall correctly, unless it's an extreme rarity to get to coach the pro bowl. Any news on turf upgrade compatibility?

Have found some fields but it so small not sure if the game uses it. Will try to test if it is indeed used by the game.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:30 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:
UNIFORMS:

STADIUMS:

Have found some fields but it so small not sure if the game uses it. Will try to test if it is indeed used by the game.

Myybe if you loose the Conference championship game, you'll be able to coach the Pro Bowl. But normally the pro bowl is simulated, which sucks.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:36 pm

Found a new angle for practice, figured i'd share because it's awesome
Attachments
hc06 pic.png
hc06 pic.png (3.43 MiB) Viewed 1346 times

Return to “NFL Head Coach”