Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

Postby RevanFan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:35 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:I need help with this one. Every time I use the script, Madden crashes at various points in games. I'm using Windows 10 x64. Are there compatibility settings that make it work on win10?

This script program is what you need to make it work on Windows 10. The scripts themselves are designed for Windows 10 usage.

Where/when specifically are the crashes occurring? Have you consulted with the Basic Troubleshooting Checklist to make sure it's not something with the game/roster/franchise?

First I don't need to go through the troubleshooting check list. The game only crashes when the script is loaded. I have Win 10 updated, DX and vid drivers all up to par. No issues with virus software. No issues with game play during practice, testing my playbooks, exhibition or franchise. No issue with the roster file or franchise until I load the calhoupe script! As I stated the game crashes at various points, between plays, after scores, different points of time in the game 1st qtr or 3rd qtr, it crashed even with 11 seconds left in a game while going to a cut scene after a play. I was thinking there is a compatibility setting running the script to help, but if not, no issue, I can play without the script!

Interesting. Did you download the recommended no-CD patch Calhoupe's scripts links to? And once you have it, replace your mainapp.exe with the new one, and set Calhoupe's scripts to run as administrator. Try that and report back.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:35 am

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:This script program is what you need to make it work on Windows 10. The scripts themselves are designed for Windows 10 usage.

Where/when specifically are the crashes occurring? Have you consulted with the Basic Troubleshooting Checklist to make sure it's not something with the game/roster/franchise?

First I don't need to go through the troubleshooting check list. The game only crashes when the script is loaded. I have Win 10 updated, DX and vid drivers all up to par. No issues with virus software. No issues with game play during practice, testing my playbooks, exhibition or franchise. No issue with the roster file or franchise until I load the calhoupe script! As I stated the game crashes at various points, between plays, after scores, different points of time in the game 1st qtr or 3rd qtr, it crashed even with 11 seconds left in a game while going to a cut scene after a play. I was thinking there is a compatibility setting running the script to help, but if not, no issue, I can play without the script!

Interesting. Did you download the recommended no-CD patch Calhoupe's scripts links to? And once you have it, replace your mainapp.exe with the new one, and set Calhoupe's scripts to run as administrator. Try that and report back.

Yes, I do have to recommended no-cd patch. I run the script as admin also. I only use 6 of the options the script has.I use Superbowl entrance, QB AI (no huddle), New rules, TD on front of line, QB fumble and remove sideline limitations. I am going to do process of elimination to see if a specific script is causing the issues.

Thanks for the tips!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:27 pm

Finally I have the script running without any game crashes. It wasn't the script, but the windows compatibility thing! I run as admin and compatibility to "Windows XP". It works fine now!

Is it possible to cancel a hand-off, then bring up pass icons during same play? When I try to bring up pass icons, nothing happens! :(

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:56 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Finally I have the script running without any game crashes. It wasn't the script, but the windows compatibility thing! I run as admin and compatibility to "Windows XP". It works fine now!

Is it possible to cancel a hand-off, then bring up pass icons during same play? When I try to bring up pass icons, nothing happens! :(

Are you thinking something like an RPO play?

Madden doesn't do option plays very well. Your best course of action is to create two plays through Packfan Playbook editor, make a running play, and then, within the same formation, make a play-action pass that mirrors the previously made run play.

GiantsRose
Rookie

Postby GiantsRose » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:12 pm

Didnt see it when I searched. Would it be possible to make players get the toe tap animation more frequently ? Less importantly could player awareness determine the frequency of which it happens? Dont mind Ochocinco making sideline catches like this but it would get frustrating if Timmy Tacos or whatever kept doing it.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:25 pm

I play the Heisman mod and I was wondering if it would be possible to get the wide hash marks button back because however cool the overtime rules don't work properly for example most of the time if the cpu team gets the ball they run one play and kick a field goal and I have had both teams trade field goals up to 6 times before my team actually missed..... anyway what I would rather do is have the NFL overtime rules with the only difference being the wide hash marks option.....

I got the ball
Rookie

Postby I got the ball » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:05 pm

hello, really enjoy your scripts...just a suggestion that may have been asked before, could it be possible to have a button for 3-down football? it must be not possible to change to a 110 yards field but I don't know if there's a possibility to have an option for the number of downs ...of course I am Canadian and play the CFL mod and working on a canadian university mod...just hope there's a way for 3 down football...thanks in advance for considering and keep up the great work.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:12 pm

Don't know how much you still work on this, but I'd like to request a script: The ability to control the player for a few seconds after the play, especially on touchdowns.

mikehill
All-Pro

Postby mikehill » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:08 am

Could Calhoupe or somebody else upload Version 1.57? That was the last version that was stable with me and I find it very enjoyable. Accidentally deleted it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mikehillschannel
Bizarre music videos every Sunday

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:45 pm

Rixster67r wrote:I play the Heisman mod and I was wondering if it would be possible to get the wide hash marks button back because however cool the overtime rules don't work properly for example most of the time if the cpu team gets the ball they run one play and kick a field goal and I have had both teams trade field goals up to 6 times before my team actually missed..... anyway what I would rather do is have the NFL overtime rules with the only difference being the wide hash marks option.....

Sadly it seems like the more things that are added to the script, the more broken it gets. CPU hit stick used to be awesome, helmets popping off from big hits happened all the time. Now it doesn't seem to do anything. I haven't had to go into overtime in an NCAA game for a while, never noticed that it didn't work right. Using situation, I tested it out and you are correct. After the coin toss it went to the kickoff and as soon as my player caught the ball, he turned around and faced the wrong endzone. I tested an older script NCAA Rules 2.2, it was the last one released before Cal started combining the NFL with the NCAA. The only problem I found is that if you've scored a TD and you hold the other team to 4th down, they kick a FG instead of going for it. The best way around that situation is to play DEF first.

Return to “Utilities”