UMod v.2 r.53

Littleware
Banned

UMod v.2 r.53

Postby Littleware » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi guys, I was searching for an answer to my texmod fatal error issue and found an updated texmod. Here's the zip file. I haven't tested it yet but it looks more advanced than texmod.
Attachments
uMod_alpha_v2_r53.zip
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 613 times

UMod v.2 r.53

Sponsor

Sponsor

akilgour13
All-Pro

Re: UMod v.2 r.53

Postby akilgour13 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:44 am

I tried this but haven't gotten it to work yet for myself: Where did you get this? AFAIK this is dead as is texmod further development. If not umod was going to get dx8 support which would hopefully work for 04 Madden ... if you could direct me to the d/l page that would be cool,thanks!

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:58 pm

This is a much better setup than Texmod......Anyone get this to work?

I can get this to load the intro but it crashes before the load data is done loading.......

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:27 pm

Sorry for the double post.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:58 pm

akilgour13 wrote:I tried this but haven't gotten it to work yet for myself: Where did you get this? AFAIK this is dead as is texmod further development. If not umod was going to get dx8 support which would hopefully work for 04 Madden ... if you could direct me to the d/l page that would be cool,thanks!

uMod needs the D3DX9_43.dll (32bit). This dll is not included in the uMod package. If this dll is not installed on you computer, uMod will raise an error on start up. You can download this dll from the internet or install the latest DirectX Enduser Runtime. (when you go to the wiki page DirectX Enduser Runtime will have a link to access).

Here the download links:
https://code.google.com/p/texmod/downloads/list
Try the v2.r49
Here's the wiki link with more info:https://code.google.com/p/texmod/wiki/uMod

akilgour13
All-Pro

Postby akilgour13 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:27 am

Yeah the hope for this was that someone would develop an DX8 plugin down the road and that is what Madden 04 needs to use Texmod or Umod. I'm still trying various things in the hope of getting this to be compatible making 04 moddable. Thanks anyhow...

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:30 am

The v2.r49 dll works as far as running madden.......but I am unable to this point get the tpf's to make any difference in the game.......I maybe doing something wrong though so I will keep jacking with it.....

Update......I got it to work.......Its pretty sweet too :D ....You can load or disable the textures without exiting the game and even change the order

I placed the v2.r49dll in my documents/madden 08 folder

You have to load the tpf's under the mainapp tab by right clicking the file area (not the umod tab) and be sure to check the Support tpf mods and then load your tpf's as needed

You can load the tpf's after the game is started by alt/tab out of the game......

Here is the new download link......https://code.google.com/p/texmod/downlo ... p&can=2&q=

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:29 am

How much more can we do?

ehlomint
All-Pro

Postby ehlomint » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:17 pm

akilgour13 wrote:Yeah the hope for this was that someone would develop an DX8 plugin down the road and that is what Madden 04 needs to use Texmod or Umod. I'm still trying various things in the hope of getting this to be compatible making 04 moddable. Thanks anyhow...

I am in the same boat as akilgour13, would love to see this work for Madden 2004.

lionsfan
MVP

Postby lionsfan » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:31 pm

Rixster67r wrote:The v2.r49 dll works as far as running madden.......but I am unable to this point get the tpf's to make any difference in the game.......I maybe doing something wrong though so I will keep jacking with it.....

Update......I got it to work.......Its pretty sweet too :D ....You can load or disable the textures without exiting the game and even change the order

I placed the v2.r49dll in my documents/madden 08 folder

You have to load the tpf's under the mainapp tab by right clicking the file area (not the umod tab) and be sure to check the Support tpf mods and then load your tpf's as needed

You can load the tpf's after the game is started by alt/tab out of the game......

Here is the new download link......https://code.google.com/p/texmod/downlo ... p&can=2&q=

Wow that is great news, I remember checking this out a long time ago and didn't really find it that useful, I didn't know you could enable or disable tpf files without exiting the game! thats amazing! I will have to try it out

Return to “Utilities”