Madden Amp BETA Release Thread

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Fri May 01, 2015 4:56 pm

It doesn't appear amp was written to be able to handle custom teams.
If you have a custom team in your franchise or are using some sort of custom league, I would recommend not using madden amp to edit your franchise.

The current Madden Amp was written/compiled on a machine running Windows 7 64bit.
Compatibility with other versions of windows is not guaranteed.
I will also try to provide a separate version of madden amp that should work with windows xp, but this may not happen for every release.

Please do not posts bugs involving training camp or weekly maintenance functions, as those features were written by other contributors and I have little to no knowledge about those sections of the code. If those features do not work for you, sorry, but you will have to avoid using them.

When leaving a bug/error report or when asking for help regarding something not working, please update to the newest version if you are using an older version and see if the problem still exists.
Also you need to provide basic info as to what mods you are using, which includes custom rosters/franchise files/draft classes that you have downloaded and are trying to use. It would also be helpful to indicate whether you have previously edited your files with NZA or especially the dbeditor.

If you are using a custom player OVR system in your franchise (or using a mod with customized DB Templates for OVR), you should not be using any of Amp's features such as the draft or training camp. Those were designed based on the game's default method of calculating OVR.

Sponsor

Sponsor

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden Amp BETA Release Thread

Postby StingRay68 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:55 am

Beta versions of Madden Amp will be posted in here from time to time, mainly because I just don't have time to test everything that gets added.
There will most likely be bugs in the code, so backup your files before you try to edit them. There are also features I have added and have not described usage for. Some of these features are not yet completed. If you are trying to mess with something that you are unsure of the function for, you can ask about it. Some of this stuff is self explanatory, any editing of streameddata and dbtemplates assumes knowledge of what these are and how to find/extract them. If you are unsure, it is best to not mess with it.

New Versions will be released in the 2019 Utilities section. Updates will (should) remain compatible with 04-08
viewtopic.php?f=115&t=21075

Note: These are both older, legacy versions for Madden 04-08 ONLY
No support will be given for these older versions, they are left here in case someone cannot run the newer version or there becomes an issue with an update not working with 04-08

Madden AMP v4.2 Beta 2 (Windows 7)
Amp422b.zip
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 651 times

Madden AMP v4.2 Beta 2 (Windows XP)
Amp422b-xp.zip
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 212 times

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Mon May 04, 2015 3:38 pm

Sort of an off topic question, what's next for you? Is the plan to finish Madden Amp before moving on to something else?

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Tue May 05, 2015 1:55 am

quick question, only the stable releases will be also for windows xp ?

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:49 am

BelieverInTeal wrote:Sort of an off topic question, what's next for you? Is the plan to finish Madden Amp before moving on to something else?

I've only recently gotten to the point where I enjoy programming again, so I wanted to get portraits working for amp. Not sure when I would consider it "finished". I will likely work on a few things about the game that I am interested in, or things I feel to be lacking or broken about the game.

I assuming yours was a loaded question ? Is there a project that you are looking for help with ?

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:03 am

lichtental wrote:quick question, only the stable releases will be also for windows xp ?

the next revision I will see about including an xp version

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Tue May 05, 2015 10:56 am

StingRay68 wrote:
BelieverInTeal wrote:Sort of an off topic question, what's next for you? Is the plan to finish Madden Amp before moving on to something else?

I've only recently gotten to the point where I enjoy programming again, so I wanted to get portraits working for amp. Not sure when I would consider it "finished". I will likely work on a few things about the game that I am interested in, or things I feel to be lacking or broken about the game.

I assuming yours was a loaded question ? Is there a project that you are looking for help with ?

Ha ha, no I'm genuinely curious.

Edit: Just remembered that xbox to PC stadium converter we were talking about, a few months back. Would be great if that was your next project.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:10 pm

I love how you made it where the new player gets an unique ID. This is useful for me, especially when I'm creating players for old time teams. And that can be cumbersome.

WillProsper
All-Pro

Postby WillProsper » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:31 am

This isn't working with my Mad-08 Fra.
I've never tried it before, and was attempting a draft.
It was saved in the "sign rookies" stage, per NZA recommendations.

Here are the details:

Spoiler:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at MaddenEditor.Core.DraftModel.CalculateActualProjections()
at MaddenEditor.Core.DraftModel.InitializeDraft(Int32 htid, DraftConfigForm draftConfigForm, String customclass)
at MaddenEditor.Forms.DraftConfigForm.bg1()
at MaddenEditor.Forms.DraftConfigForm.startButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1076.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MaddenEditor
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.4
Win32 Version: 4.0.0.4
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Simoneau/Desktop/Will's%20Games/Madden%20DL's/Tools/MaddenAmp4-beta/MaddenEditor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.6.1075.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.6.1068.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.6.1067.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
LumenWorks.Framework.IO
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Simoneau/Desktop/Will's%20Games/Madden%20DL's/Tools/MaddenAmp4-beta/LumenWorks.Framework.IO.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

The same thing happend when I tried it with the "Enhanced" button unchecked.
"People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society." -Vince Lombardi

My Franchise Journal: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18486

WillProsper
All-Pro

Postby WillProsper » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Heard from StingRay68 that it's a problem with the roster and/or draft class.
As these are the only one's available for the necessary year (1987), I'll just have to continue on without AMP.
Thanks StingRay68 for your efforts!
"People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society." -Vince Lombardi

My Franchise Journal: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18486

Return to “Utilities”