How to shrink your League or expand it

dacomell0625
Rookie

Re: How to shrink your League or expand it

Postby dacomell0625 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:31 am

So I'm just getting into Madden 08 from here and I'm wondering... this is for making a franchise with more than 32 teams? If so, how many teams can you expand to?

Sponsor

Sponsor

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:21 am

dacomell0625 wrote:So I'm just getting into Madden 08 from here and I'm wondering... this is for making a franchise with more than 32 teams? If so, how many teams can you expand to?

The schedule is the roadblock, the hard limit is 256 games.

You may be able to have as many teams as you choose within that parameter.

dacomell0625
Rookie

Postby dacomell0625 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:50 am

AaronS wrote:
dacomell0625 wrote:So I'm just getting into Madden 08 from here and I'm wondering... this is for making a franchise with more than 32 teams? If so, how many teams can you expand to?

There's no way to, say, have 64 teams that each play 16 games? If I had 64 teams, they could only play 4 games each?

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:27 pm

dacomell0625 wrote:
AaronS wrote:

There's no way to, say, have 64 teams that each play 16 games? If I had 64 teams, they could only play 4 games each?

64 teams would allow for 8 games per team.

dacomell0625
Rookie

Postby dacomell0625 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:52 pm

AaronS wrote:
dacomell0625 wrote:
AaronS wrote:

64 teams would allow for 8 games per team.

Thanks.
But ultimately, there's no way to do more than 256 games in total?

NaruTheBlackSwan
Veteran

Postby NaruTheBlackSwan » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:18 am

Is there a way to expand the schedule to more than 17 weeks?

Failing that, can the same team be scheduled to play more than one game a week? Could a team play a 1:00 game, a 4:00 game, and a 7:00 game on the same day? Could they play a Thursday, a Sunday, and a Monday night game?

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Sun May 10, 2020 5:19 pm

The problem isn't with the shrinker/expander utility, it's with the way Madden '08 reads the schedule. Any game past week 17 is considered a playoff game. so, unfortunately you're limited ot 17 weeks. On top of that, I believe the game will only allow up to 32 games to be played in a week (so that's not a problem), but I think originally the actual issue was that the franchise save file only had room for 256 games in the regular season. But now that I'm thinking about it, I don't remember if that was an issue with the game not being able to read more than 256 games or if it was just because the file size had 256 slots. If it's just a file size issue, that can be easily fixed. It's been far too long since I've even had Madden on a PC, so I can't test that.

Now, as to your other questions, yes, teams certainly can play twice a week, on any day(s) and at any time(s). But the overall cap has to be limited (or at least that's the way I use to think so). More testing is needed!

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Tue May 12, 2020 12:04 am

Well, wouldn't you know it, you CAN add more than 256 games in a season. You need to edit the DB in the DB_Templates.Dat to expand the schedule size. I doubled the games in the season length and it didn't seem to cause any issues. This means there might be options for some other things. I clearly have more testing to do...

Of course, something's off because the Eagles went 24-8 up at the top, but 25-6 in the standings screen. also, I can definitely tell you the game does not like teams playing more than 17 times in a season! The graphics for certain things don't line up correctly for a 32 game schedule! But, long story short, a schedule with more than 256 games is possible.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:00 pm

JDHalfrack wrote:Well, wouldn't you know it, you CAN add more than 256 games in a season. You need to edit the DB in the DB_Templates.Dat to expand the schedule size. I doubled the games in the season length and it didn't seem to cause any issues. This means there might be options for some other things. I clearly have more testing to do...

Of course, something's off because the Eagles went 24-8 up at the top, but 25-6 in the standings screen. also, I can definitely tell you the game does not like teams playing more than 17 times in a season! The graphics for certain things don't line up correctly for a 32 game schedule! But, long story short, a schedule with more than 256 games is possible.

Can someone confirm this?

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:30 pm

If JD posted this then trust it is confirmed......

He would definitely be considered one of the site guru's.... :o ;) :D

I am going to tinker with having two games in week 17 and will report back my findings..... I had not seen these posts for some reason

We need to figure out where the playoff teams format is located.... is it in the db template or is it in the mainapp....

Return to “Utilities”