elguapo
Hall of Fame

Madden Xtreme DB Editor

Postby elguapo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:21 pm

Update For Madden 21
Spoiler:
StingRay68 wrote:Update for Madden21 :

Madden21 roster only has 3 tables, DCHT, PLAY,TEAM

[edit] after fixing some things, that seems to be the only differences between the db file that was uploaded and the M21 roster file.

M21 Roster also has what I believe to be a checksum in the header (I could be wrong, I'm no expert).
Assuming that is the case, unless that can be figured out, an external editor would not be able to produce a file that would be valid in game.

A redesigned version of the DB editor with a new name. CSV import bugs fixed, Madden 04 - Madden 08 files, Madden 19/20 rosters, MC02 and possibly other console rosters, definitions file.

FEATURES

The main key feature is that edits are done in memory and to do not take affect until you save the file.

CSV/Tab Delimited
Export Table - Export current table.
Import Table - Import to current table.

Export All Tables - Exports all the tables in the db file.
Export Fra2Ros Tables - Exports the tables for a ROS file.

Addendum - This is a very specific import option, please use caution. Let's assume you want to add the current win/los records only. You would load the TEAM table and if you have the main 32 teams, bears-vikings then the addendum csv file would have the field names for the win/loss and the win/loss for each team.

Some FIELD Types cannot be edited and that is not a DB editor issue, it is how the TDBAccess.dll has it. Be aware of the FIELD size (Bits) as you will encounter an error if you go over its limit. (Unsupported FIELD Types are tdbBinary, tdbVarchar and tdbLongVarchar)

The DB editor can read rosters, franchise and db files you are accustom too, plus Madden 19/20 rosters.

Use at your own risk, no "customer support", backup your files.

Previous Version
Madden Xtreme DB Editor

This works flawlessly with PS3 files, FYI.
-AaronS

Special Thanks,
To StingRay68 for his insights, direction and for most of the heavy lifting in this project.

Madden Xtreme DB Editor

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Madden NFL DB Editor 2019

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:07 pm

Ooh. Gonna have to try this out soon. Hopefully it loads the PLAY table faster than the old DB Editor. Even with an overclocked 8700K, freaking table takes forever.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:11 pm

RevanFan wrote:Ooh. Gonna have to try this out soon. Hopefully it loads the PLAY table faster than the old DB Editor. Even with an overclocked 8700K, freaking table takes forever.

Let us know your findings.

Edit: If any issues please include the OS it is being run under. Thanks

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:39 am

elguapo wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Ooh. Gonna have to try this out soon. Hopefully it loads the PLAY table faster than the old DB Editor. Even with an overclocked 8700K, freaking table takes forever.

Let us know your findings.

Edit: If any issues please include the OS it is being run under. Thanks

Will do. Currently can't remember if I'm running 1803 or 1809 of Windows 10, haha. I'll look it up beforehand if I notice any issues. I think I'm on 1803. I have Windows 10 Education, so I'm allowed to defer feature updates for a full calendar year.
My Cowboys Journal

joegreenlight10
Rookie

Postby joegreenlight10 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:10 pm

Is this strictly for 2019 rosters? I see there's an 08 roster loaded in the screenshot, but anything 08 I try to load brings up the dreaded Unhandled Exception. Running Windows 10 Home, 1803. Original DB editor runs fine.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:30 am

joegreenlight10 wrote:Is this strictly for 2019 rosters? I see there's an 08 roster loaded in the screenshot, but anything 08 I try to load brings up the dreaded Unhandled Exception. Running Windows 10 Home, 1803. Original DB editor runs fine.

The DB editor works with all Madden 08 db files. It can also load some Madden 19 files like the roster (with the FBChunks stripped out adding the ROS extension. See image in first post).

Make sure the file you're trying to load is not corrupted.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:05 pm

So exporting tables with unsupported field types will print crazy characters which affects the spreadsheet so I made a change to print "usft" (unsupported field type) instead. You will still be able to preview what is on those unsupported field types on the screen.

Also working on a feature to make franchise to roster and an "Addendum" feature that will add partial fields to a table.

Will let you all know when it is ready.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:05 am

I can't seem to open any files from Madden 08. I tried opening my franchise and got this error.

error1.png
error1.png (173.11 KiB) Viewed 40066 times

Then I tried a roster and got the same error. Tried both normal and as an administrator. Compatibility mode for Windows 7 also didn't help.

I'm on Windows 10 Education version 1803. The old DB Editor works fine and loads all my files.
My Cowboys Journal

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:24 am

RevanFan wrote:I can't seem to open any files from Madden 08. I tried opening my franchise and got this error.

error1.png

Then I tried a roster and got the same error. Tried both normal and as an administrator. Compatibility mode for Windows 7 also didn't help.

I'm on Windows 10 Education version 1803. The old DB Editor works fine and loads all my files.

Let me look into it.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:42 pm

elguapo wrote:Let me look into it.

System.BadImageFormatException

Check your build properties and make sure you didn't select Platform Target - x64. You want 'Any CPU' and prefer 32bit, or just x86

Return to “Utilities”