Where did I go wrong?

DFR Dat Batch Import Issue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Harry97
All-Pro

Re: DFR Dat Batch Import Issue

Postby Harry97 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:26 pm

I don't think you can mass import like that, at least not in DFR. In DFR you have to replace files 1 by 1, though I've never tried the Batch Replacer.

In DFR 3, you can add or delete slots within any DAT which is very useful. That feature was removed in 4 and 5. DFR3 lets you delete slots so you can take a .DAT that has too many slots/files than a DAT from another game and delete the slots needed to make it compatible. That's how I got the STADATA.DAT from NCAA 08 working in NCAA 06.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:40 pm

Harry97 wrote:I don't think you can mass import like that, at least not in DFR. In DFR you have to replace files 1 by 1, though I've never tried the Batch Replacer.

In DFR 3, you can add or delete slots within any DAT which is very useful. That feature was removed in 4 and 5. DFR3 lets you delete slots so you can take a .DAT that has too many slots/files than a DAT from another game and delete the slots needed to make it compatible. That's how I got the STADATA.DAT from NCAA 08 working in NCAA 06.

Can you post a link to DFR 3?

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:47 pm

TheRareButter wrote:
Harry97 wrote:I don't think you can mass import like that, at least not in DFR. In DFR you have to replace files 1 by 1, though I've never tried the Batch Replacer.

Can you post a link to DFR 3?

Sure :
https://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18332

The Mirror link for DFR3 is working.

In general, you shouldn't need to mass import files from one DAT to another. Because if one DAT has the same # of files as another, you can just put the other .DAT in there, and as you found out with ANIMDATA.DAT from Madden 12 PS2, it should work in the other game as long as it has the same # of slots/files. If one DAT has more files than the one you are replacing it, then just use DFR3 to delete the appropriate slots to make it compatible.

By the way, when comparing the same .DATs from different games, it's better to use DFR 5 because it lists the files size and certain slot information so you can see which files are which easier than in DFR3. Then once you've done your comparison with DFR 5 and figured out which files/slots to delete, then you can use DFR3 after you know what slots you need to delete.

Return to “Utilities”