DatFileReplacer Mass-Import

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: DatFileReplacer Mass-Import

Postby elguapo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:23 pm

Oh yes, I now remember how all this got started. Don't waste your time doing it one by one. I'll do it, I'll update the roster's portrait id. The cartoon portraits may be off since they'll be in a different position but he i can a sequence to correct it I'll do that too.

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:26 am

elguapo wrote:Oh yes, I now remember how all this got started. Don't waste your time doing it one by one. I'll do it, I'll update the roster's portrait id. The cartoon portraits may be off since they'll be in a different position but he i can a sequence to correct it I'll do that too.

You don't need to. I've already gotten the IDs set up, and I've still got that import file you made further back in the topic, which covers the first 2,473 portraits. :P All I need to do is insert the extra portraits.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:01 pm

Ok, the fastest way to import the portraits is to do this:
Open the .IMPORT with a text editor.
The first line should read "File #, US_LIB_PLAYER_PORT.DAT".
The second line has a number,a comma and then the name of the file.
The number before the comma is record number in the .DAT file.
So delete the lines that start for example "1,portrait_one" through "2473,porting_2473"
From there just rename the file name with your portrait name.
For example, line "2474,portrait_2474" would be renamed to something like this "2474,RGIII.MMAP"
Just keep in mind that the portrait id is minus two from the record number, so RGIII's portrait id number would have to be 2472.
Save the .IMPORT file and run it with the batch program.

cfx564
Rookie

Postby cfx564 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:04 pm

elguapo wrote:Expanded Portrait File
======================

This is the expanded portrait file which has 385 of additional portrait space. You can still use MaddenAmp 4 or Stingray's DAT1 program to swap portraits records 2-1881 and 1883-1886.

Records 2474-2625 and 2627-2860 must be swaped using DFR4.exe. The programs mentioned above cannot swap portraits through these records.

Since .DDS is the prefered format for portraits I will explain how to swap these portraits with DFR4. Make a copy of the PORTRAIT.DAT file and call it DUMMY_PORTRAIT.DAT. Use MaddenAmp4 or Stingray's DAT1 program to swap the portraits into the DUMMY_PORTRAIT.DAT file, the order is not important but keep track of what record the players are in. Use DFR4 and open the DUMMY_PORTRAIT.DAT file and extract the portraits you need. Once extracted the portraitsv will be in MMAP format and ready to be swaped in the expanded PORTRAIT.DAT file from 2474 and beyond.

I have included a portraits spreadsheet to help you keep track of the portraits. Tha additional portraits have the EA sports logo and they can only be viewed in Madden by assigning a players portrait id to one of those records.

FF/FI mods: you will have to replace (make a backup first) the UIS_LIB_PORTRAITS.DAT in the "Programs Files\EA Sports\Madden 08" directory to have the mod update the expanded portrait file.

Note:

The concept of a larger portrait file was concieved by NickyJ.

Expanded_PORT.zip (10.89MB) (click on the blue rectangle with a blue arrow)

The link for the Expand_Port.zip is no longer valid. Is there another link for this file? Thank you.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:50 pm

cfx564 wrote:
elguapo wrote:Expanded Portrait File
======================

This is the expanded portrait file which has 385 of additional portrait space. You can still use MaddenAmp 4 or Stingray's DAT1 program to swap portraits records 2-1881 and 1883-1886.

Records 2474-2625 and 2627-2860 must be swaped using DFR4.exe. The programs mentioned above cannot swap portraits through these records.

Since .DDS is the prefered format for portraits I will explain how to swap these portraits with DFR4. Make a copy of the PORTRAIT.DAT file and call it DUMMY_PORTRAIT.DAT. Use MaddenAmp4 or Stingray's DAT1 program to swap the portraits into the DUMMY_PORTRAIT.DAT file, the order is not important but keep track of what record the players are in. Use DFR4 and open the DUMMY_PORTRAIT.DAT file and extract the portraits you need. Once extracted the portraitsv will be in MMAP format and ready to be swaped in the expanded PORTRAIT.DAT file from 2474 and beyond.

I have included a portraits spreadsheet to help you keep track of the portraits. Tha additional portraits have the EA sports logo and they can only be viewed in Madden by assigning a players portrait id to one of those records.

FF/FI mods: you will have to replace (make a backup first) the UIS_LIB_PORTRAITS.DAT in the "Programs Files\EA Sports\Madden 08" directory to have the mod update the expanded portrait file.

Note:

The concept of a larger portrait file was concieved by NickyJ.

Expanded_PORT.zip (10.89MB) (click on the blue rectangle with a blue arrow)

The link for the Expand_Port.zip is no longer valid. Is there another link for this file? Thank you.

It might be in the X mod - base files. I'll send you the link when I make sure which one it is.

Return to “Utilities”