DatFileReplacer Mass-Import

ehlomint
All-Pro

Re: DatFileReplacer Mass-Import

Postby ehlomint » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:55 pm

elguapo, does this mean we(YOU :) ) have successfully increased the # of portraits available and usable in Madden 08 for Madden 08? If so, can you provide a clear how-to-do this?

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Converting 06 portraits dat file.

Step 1. Download a copy of the 06 portraits file that NickyJ provided.

Step 2. Run DFR4.exe from the MadMod-X tools. (there is a link somewhere in this site)

Step 3. Press Ctrl-O (open dat file) and open the 08 portraits file.

step 4. Once loaded click on the "EXTRACT Copies of ALL Files From DAT" button;
Select a folder to dump all the portraits in;
Exit DFR4.exe

Step 5. Put a copy of the 06 portraits DAT file into the same folder you dumped all the 08 portratis.

Step 6. Put all the .IMPORT files in the same folder as the 08 portraits and the 06 dat file.

Step 7. Run DBR4.exe from the MadMox-X tools.
Run all five .IMPORT files.

That's it!

Notes: Records 2474-2860 will be available for portraits. For now you will need DFR4 to swap portraits past the 2473th record. Stingray's program to swap the portraits doesn't display all the portraits in the new portrait dat file but I'm sure he will update his program to read past that. (or i would hope so)

I would like to reserve record 2626 to be the same as record 2407. This would make it viewable for madden 07. ( i still like madden 07 )

ehlomint
All-Pro

Postby ehlomint » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:45 am

elgaupo, I'm struggling with this...can you upload your bigger portrait file that contains additional records 2474-2860 that will work with Madden 08???? :)

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:21 am

Here is the link to the portrait file. I put the EA logo on the rest of the available portraits.

http://www.2shared.com/file/Vy6odFLW/UIS_LIB_PLAYER_PORT.html

(I used the 08 default portrait dat file, added the portraits from the FFXII pack and then the EA logo portraits.)

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:26 am

I cannot download your example file as whatever file service you used is raising flags in my antivirus program.

Let me know what you find out on this.
I'm a bit confused to what you are actually doing with the portraits.

Are you saying that you are able to ADD additional portraits to Madden08 and actually have them usable by the game?
This would involve appending additional portraits to the stock 08 player port dat and then changing existing player port id#'s with one of the franchise editors and being able to see them in-game.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:35 pm

StingRay68 wrote:I cannot download your example file as whatever file service you used is raising flags in my antivirus program.

Let me know what you find out on this.
I'm a bit confused to what you are actually doing with the portraits.

Are you saying that you are able to ADD additional portraits to Madden08 and actually have them usable by the game?
This would involve appending additional portraits to the stock 08 player port dat and then changing existing player port id#'s with one of the franchise editors and being able to see them in-game.

I'll find a better site to upload the new portrait dat file and .IMPORT files or you can email me at [removed] and i'll send you the files. (anyone who wants a copy)

the .IMPORT files are just used to mass-import the 08 portraits into the 06 portrait dat file (which holds more portraits) but yes, the additional portraits can be used in madden in exhibition and in franchise mode.

*edit

I'm using the site that NickyJ used to upload the original 06 portrait file. The link below is for the expanded portrait file and the extra portraits have the EA Sports logo.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8eolsw (click on the blue box with an arrow)

Funky Funk
Pro Bowl

Postby Funky Funk » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:55 pm

This is awesome, but I haven't totally figured it out yet. I'm having trouble loading the portraits after the 2473rd record. How do you import those files into DBR4? Is there a way to directly upload NickyJ's .dds files using DBR4?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:33 pm

Funky Funk wrote:This is awesome, but I haven't totally figured it out yet. I'm having trouble loading the portraits after the 2473rd record. How do you import those files into DBR4? Is there a way to directly upload NickyJ's .dds files using DBR4?

the links might be dead already... i'll post something pretty soon.

Funky Funk
Pro Bowl

Postby Funky Funk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:03 am

Sounds good, looking forward to it!

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:43 pm

I'm having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around this. Are you saying that you were able to add portraits into the cartoon slots, but still have a way of showing the cartoons?

Return to “Utilities”