Youtube Links?

bluegriffon
Hall of Fame

Youtube Links?

Postby bluegriffon » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:52 pm

Is it me or are the youtube links to game videos not working again? I tried to load this page in two different browsers and same result. the videos i have in my journal are not appearing.

Youtube Links?

Sponsor

Sponsor

TheRareButter
MVP

Re: Youtube Links?

Postby TheRareButter » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:24 pm

bluegriffon wrote:Is it me or are the youtube links to game videos not working again? I tried to load this page in two different browsers and same result. the videos i have in my journal are not appearing.

Mine work, but i used the URL code not the youtube one.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:30 pm

I tried with the youtube code and it didn't load anything. I really like to have the video of my playbook highlights on the OP of my thread if possible. Here's a thread I found on phpbb discussing this problem:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2618196

And here's the recommended phpbb Media Embed Plug In, I think the mods have to enable it though.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ediaembed/

I also noticed the youtube section within the user control panel is outdated doesn't work to link a youtube account.

bluegriffon
Hall of Fame

Postby bluegriffon » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:47 am

i seemed to have fixed the issue. I had to make sure to accept all cookies in my browser settings

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:52 pm

bluegriffon wrote:i seemed to have fixed the issue. I had to make sure to accept all cookies in my browser settings

Didn't work for me on Firefox. Can you see a video on the OP of the playbook thread in my signature?

bluegriffon
Hall of Fame

Postby bluegriffon » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:05 am

no. sorry

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:41 pm

Strange, it works on firefox mobile even with strict cookie management but doesn't work with browser Firefox without any cookie management.

Since this is a video game forum and so many things could be easier to document with video, I vote the phpbb extension above, if that's not already what we have.

EDIT: After checking a second time the video disappeared.

Return to “Site discussion”