Madden 2020-22 Playbooks for 08

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 20 Playbooks

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:04 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:Great play books! I am curious how you got the book merger to work I always get an error and nothing even loads....

Hey Col. Trautman, welcome back! I have a windows 7 tablet that the merger works well on. I get those same errors you do if I try to use the merger on windows 10. If there's something specific you'd like done, send pm!

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:57 pm

Cincy Bengals Update 2021

Corrected errors and added 3 new formations...

Enjoy!

Please remember to report the errors/issues etc so I can correct them!

Error Log Info: It's very important to make sure they all work 100%

Playbook:
Formation:
Play:
Error:

Thanks BigSteel33!

Edit: If anyone creates a new 2021 playbook using the tools I shared like BUS36 did, don't make a new thread/topic. POST THEM HERE!

BigSteel33
Veteran

Postby BigSteel33 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:37 pm

The new Cincy book works well. I just came across a weird issue. I was playing with two teams using the NE off book and one team with the NE def book. On punts, the punt receiver would dive right as the ball got to him and it would be a muff. It happened on every punt whether I was receiving or the CPU was receiving.

thomasflem97
Rookie

Postby thomasflem97 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:22 am

Does anyone know where I can find the Playbook Editor 1.2? The old link is expired.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:44 pm

thomasflem97 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find the Playbook Editor 1.2? The old link is expired.

If you have questions regarding the Madden 2020-21 playbooks this is the right place to post. All other questions regarding Madden Utilities or broken/expired links should be posted in the correct Files Section topic/forum. Also you may want to send a message to a moderator to see if they can make a new link for the file you're looking for!

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:11 pm

Using Madden Playbook Editor V 1.2..... I was able to correct the alignments in the 3-4Blitz.pbd. Players are not right on top of each other..so have fun with it..

3-4 Blitz.pbd
(139.55 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

NillaG
Rookie

Postby NillaG » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:08 pm

So when I tested the playbook (I just used the Texans new playbooks as a test) it worked fine, no crashes; however, when I was cycling through the formations, there were only about 5 formations with 6-7 plays each. There was hardly anything.

I left the file uncompressed so there was a "False" in that column. However, when I click the check mark to establish that the file is compressed, the game crashes.

Am I doing something wrong or is that all there is for the Texans playbook?

Edit: The crashing was due to my controller. However, new problem. I saw that the Gamedata.dat file that is supposed to edited is the one in the install folder, not the one in the docs folder. After editing both (or just one) I don't see the new Texans playbook when I play the game. It's still the same default playbook.

Is there a video tutorial for this?

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:51 pm

NillaG wrote:So when I tested the playbook (I just used the Texans new playbooks as a test) it worked fine, no crashes; however, when I was cycling through the formations, there were only about 5 formations with 6-7 plays each. There was hardly anything.

I left the file uncompressed so there was a "False" in that column. However, when I click the check mark to establish that the file is compressed, the game crashes.

Am I doing something wrong or is that all there is for the Texans playbook?

Edit: The crashing was due to my controller. However, new problem. I saw that the Gamedata.dat file that is supposed to edited is the one in the install folder, not the one in the docs folder. After editing both (or just one) I don't see the new Texans playbook when I play the game. It's still the same default playbook.

Is there a video tutorial for this?

When you create a custom playbook in Madden 08, the game only allows 75 plays total.
You can use the Playbooks Merger Tool to add more plays/formations to the books!

The Texans offensive playbook has 9 formations: Total 81 Plays
I-Formation: Wing (9)
Singleback: Y-Trips(9), Doubles(9), Deuce Close(9) & Wing(12)
Pistol: Wing Slot(9), Strong(6)
Gun: Empty Y-Texan(9), Trips TE Offset(9)

The gamedata.dat installed in the \docs\Madden 08 folder is the one you want to edit.
If you install the offense, the Texans books should be inserted into slot 72 of the gamedata.dat file. There's no need to mark the books as compressed.

Make sure to assign the playbook to the Texan's coaches (all 4) in your roster. In a franchise, the books used by cpu teams are the ones assigned to the Offensive Coordinators for each team. There is no video tutorial!

IceyJFish
All-Pro

Postby IceyJFish » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:30 am

I need some help editing playbooks :?:

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:23 pm

IceyJFish wrote:I need some help editing playbooks :?:

In short, I find myself redundantly repeating & re-writing answers. I hate that! The buck stops here!

There is the Playbook Help Me Thread that I used to get all of the information needed to make the 2020 books, both offense & defense! And I've posted breakthroughs as I went along as I created the Madden 2020 books. So when you get a moment, search and read through the threads thoroughly to gain info and answers to your questions.

I've written answers for book audibles, formation audibles, Right-Stick Audibles, hand-offs, play-action, player motions including auto motion already. So if you haven't found the specific answer to your question, post your new question. I'll gladly help, but won't repeat, re-write, or redundant anything where you can already find the answer by searching through the forum!

The floor is yours!

Return to “Plays and playbooks”