Looking for Jet Sweep

Littleware
Banned

Re: Looking for Jet Sweep

Postby Littleware » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:20 pm

phalanx93 wrote:So I import Flexbone into Madden as a stock playbook, so I can add the formation and play in the playbook editor?

It's too bad there aren't guides in here for Alpha's playbook editor, step-by-step for newbies or those like me, who need instructions.

Sorry about that... The easiest way, just to use the playbook merger to import those formations into any other book.

Sponsor

Sponsor

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:25 pm

So I use the playbook merger? Which one do you recommend?

rahien.din
Pro Bowl

Postby rahien.din » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:43 am

phalanx93 wrote:It's too bad there aren't guides in here for Alpha's playbook editor, step-by-step for newbies or those like me, who need instructions.

I can help. What do you want to know?

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:14 pm

How to do a pre-snap motion with WR or TE, which leads to a hand-off from the QB, with the WR going full speed around the opposite end of the line.

I've also been trying to figure out how to make QB do a play action roll-out while having the RB in on the fake go into a screen or swing route instead of blocking, & going to the opposite side of the roll-out.

Toacrawler
Veteran

Postby Toacrawler » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:30 am

Littleware wrote:Flexbone custom playbook has the jet sweep. My 2-Back Pro-set playbook has custom: Jet Sweep, End Around, Double Pass, HB Pass, Flea-Flicker. TE Screens, Slot Screens, WR Screens, FB screens, double screens :lol: . I'm working on the Shovel Pass logic, I'm close to solving it after I got the custom double pass to work perfect!

Hi Can you explain how to do it, on madden playbook editor ? I tried to make Jet sweep and proper WR screen and shovel Pass but I couldn't make it.
Because if it's a run play I can't make the WR get into motion and get the ball from the Quaterback.
If you can help me pls.

theDude47
Pro Bowl

Postby theDude47 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:56 am

I have a ton of experience with handoffs in Packfan's editor. If you could post a fairly exact sketch of the play, I can post a step by step approach to creating it on your own. You will get a lot more out of it than having someone do it for you.

*Just a little FYI, getting handoffs to work correctly mainly involves getting the timing right. You can't use Practice mode as the example of whether it will work in game or not. For some reason, In Game vs Practice in Madden work very differently and players line up constantly slightly out of position in the actual game. You have to understand that before actually starting to create a handoff or you will get extremely frustrated.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:10 am

theDude47 wrote:You can't use Practice mode as the example of whether it will work in game or not. For some reason, In Game vs Practice in Madden work very differently and players line up constantly slightly out of position in the actual game. You have to understand that before actually starting to create a handoff or you will get extremely frustrated.

I made mine by doing a throwaway playbook and making about 9 or so slight variations. Then I loaded them in Practice and tested all of them. Then the ones that worked in Practice I also tested in-game. Saves time when you make a bunch of slight variations and test in practice to eliminate the junked ones first, plus you won't have to worry about wasting time punting or playing defense or whatever.

Then once I had the animations/timing right, I saved the routes and easily put them into the finished books.

Spoiler Warning: Don't open if you don't want to know about some potential cheat info. Seriously. Pandora's Box and such.
Spoiler:
Also of note for anyone wanting to create a Jet Sweep, Jet Toss (Jet sweep with a toss animation for QB under center), or Reverse that actually has a decent chance of possibly working in-game on All-Madden... DON'T use the default Madden PLYT tags for Jets/Reverses (15/16/17/18 depending on stock playbook/formation/play type), nor the 7/8 hole number in the PLRD field. Use a QB Sneak PLYT (19) or QB Kneel PLYT (37?) instead. The defense won't react immediately on the snap of the ball.

WARNING: using this on Rookie, Pro, or All-Pro is basically straight up cheating. Especially Rookie and Pro. However All-Madden is different...

As part of my PLYT play testing (the PLYT stuff I posted about in 2014-ish; not the Attribute testing a couple months ago) I found out that on All-Madden CPU vs CPU 50/50 sliders, there is no real threat of a Jet or Reverse actually working in-game. At the snap of the ball one or all of the nickel corners, outside linebackers, mike, and/or defensive ends will start to move to the designed run point immediately upon the snap of the ball, even heading that direction before a QB under center has even turned 180 degrees or the RB has finished the initial first-move animation in the case of reverse plays...

Because of the way Madden 2001-08 (and even up to 2012 on PS2) AI scripts are written, everything the defensive AI does is based on the PLYT tag. Everything. Unfortunately for most plays, changing the tags will break the realism of the game (changing the PLYT on a dive play from 12 to 21 - Special Teams will result in a 3-12 yard gain regardless of situation or use because the defense will just kind of stand there until the ball crosses the line of scrimmage. Kinda game breaking imo)

Use at your own risk, but if you leave/set the PLYT tags as 16/17/18 and hole 7/8 PLRD and play on All-Madden you're essentially wasting your time making a Jet Sweep or Reverse anyway. Sure you'll get 5-10 yards sometimes, but just as often you'll lose 2-5 yards even when calling it in a legit "surprise" situation.

If you start messing with PLYT for other play types though, offense or defense, you're probably going to regret teaching yourself how to break the game and turn anything/everything into cheese plays. I did. Fair warning.

Also if you want to create a Jet that has a good chance of breaking off a huge TD on All-Madden, use a formation with twin TEs on one side of the formation and twin WRs on the other, then move the flanking WR (because otherwise it would be illegal motion/formation) in motion and run the sweep to the open side of the field. Call it on 3rd and 6 or more and you might catch the defense blitzing the WR side of the formation and playing Man coverage. Leaves your WR to beat the Safety 1-on-1 on the open side of the field and your second outside TE (H) should have an assignment to block the CB who'll be crossing in the same direction as the Motion WR. Like a basketball pick-and-roll. Give the HB a Receive Toss/Run ball assignment. Set PLYT as 19 or 37 and the PLRD as 5 or 7 (left outside if running right). Saw Nevada do this with Cody Fajardo IIRC.
Attachments
Pick and Roll Jet Sweep.png
Pick and Roll Jet Sweep.png (1.94 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:40 pm

trey31 wrote:
Spoiler:
Saw Nevada do this with Cody Fajardo IIRC.

May have been Utah State actually. Either way. Works great, sometimes it can go for 80+.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Double-U
Banned

Postby Double-U » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:00 pm

theDude47 wrote:I have a ton of experience with handoffs in Packfan's editor. If you could post a fairly exact sketch of the play, I can post a step by step approach to creating it on your own. You will get a lot more out of it than having someone do it for you.

*Just a little FYI, getting handoffs to work correctly mainly involves getting the timing right. You can't use Practice mode as the example of whether it will work in game or not. For some reason, In Game vs Practice in Madden work very differently and players line up constantly slightly out of position in the actual game. You have to understand that before actually starting to create a handoff or you will get extremely frustrated.

I am having a problem with a play's handoff. It's a Fake FB Dive HB Pitch, but the QB does not pitch the ball!!! The QB goes threw the fake handoff motions with the FB, and begins to roll toward the pitch HB, he actually extends his arm to pitch, showing the ball, but never release it to the HB!

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:40 pm

Thank you trey31 & others. Some really good advice. Especially about practice mode vs game mode.

Could I possibly get some range on the timings, so I least have a place to start?

Return to “Plays and playbooks”