Possible Project: Overhauling every playbook in the Gamedata.dat file

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:20 pm

As you might know, there is a new .dat decompression utility found here. One of the very first things I decided to do with it was decompressing the playbooks and editing them with the objective of learning how they work and adding some formations I liked to them. So far I've done 2 playbooks. The one linked here is the (2011 Gamedata.dat, the one in the FF/FI mod) New England playbook, which is the one that mostly resembles the Steelers, and edit it to add some new formations (Like the Shotgun-Trips Bunch and the Shotgun-3WR 2RB, and a custom made Pistol formation) as well as some new plays (all of the Pistol plays, as well as a Goalline fade, a Four Verticals and a Quick Punt play) and edited names for the formations that resemble those from Madden NFL 17 (Shotgun renamed to Gun, Strong TE Flip renamed to Y Trips Wk. Empty Tray Stack to Empty Steeler (Which features a HB on the slot by default) and more) and working sub packages for the Pistol formations.

After reading a lot of posts in the "Plays and Playbooks" and "Sliders and Adjustments" forums, specially moonbax's works on the different Offensive and Defensive philosophies, as well as the capability to add Custom Playbooks in the Gamedata.dat file, I wonder if it would be possible to remake every possible playbook in the Gamedata.dat to resemble more the team they come from. Right now in the FF/FI mod, most coaches don't have the playbook their team should have. What I mean is, the "PIT - M. Tomlin" isn't really representative of the Steelers offense or defense in 2017. The "ARI - B. Arians" isn't representative of the Cardinals offense or defense in 2017, and so on and so forth with MOST coaches. So the idea would be that the playbooks would be edited, then imported back, allowing every coach to use their proper offensive and defensive scheme while having assigned the playbook that has their name.

I wonder if this is a project that is worth the time, with the objective being the most realistic representation of the playbooks that we could possibly achieve.
Attachments
NewSteelersOffense.pbo
(220.72 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Re: Possible Project: Overhauling every playbook in the Gamedata.dat file

Postby rogerjinx » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:04 pm

Looking forward to this and hopefully I can integrate it in our upcoming roster.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:27 pm

rogerjinx wrote:Looking forward to this and hopefully I can integrate it in our upcoming roster.

Hopefully that is possible.

The first thing, I need someone that knows about the schemes that most NFL teams ran this season (and possibly the aproximated schemes for the next year) as well as which playbook in the Gamedata.dat file RIGHT NOW represents them the most, as well as which changes could possibly be made to said playbook. For example, a certain playbook would be very fitting for a certain team, but it lacks certain formations. Said team maybe runs some Pistol formations, some Trips/Bunch, and the playbook doesn't have it. I could promptly either create a formation that resembles what they run (in the case of the Pistol) or export the formation that missing formation from another playbook (in the case of the Trips/Bunch, 5WR sets and so on).

Then the next step would be to alter the formation names to actually fit the team. Because a call played "Patriots Screen" certainly doesn't fit the Steelers. Finally, an optional step would be renaming the formations to how Madden NFL 17/18 names them. 4WR would become Spread, 5WR would become Empty. Big 3TE would become Jumbo. Normal I formations would become "Pro". Twin WR I Formations would become "Pro Twins" and so on.

The final step would be the final touches to the playbook, which include the capability to show the Audibles Menu, something that custom playbooks don't allow.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:43 pm

I just tried the Steelers Offensive Playbook you made ...very good...I like some of the formations and plays. I can recommend this for the Offense for the Steelers in the next FF/FI Mod.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:16 am

Good idea! I tweaked the wr placement in the new shotgun formations on the Packer's update we did (they were way to close to each other; those tiny pictures .... my fault!) and added the pbai definitions to it so it won't crash anymore. I will send that off to you in a pm. If I can assist you in your endeavor I would be happy to help where possible!

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:30 pm

First thing I'll try to do is making a list right here with the playbooks from the Gamedata.dat file as well as which formations and types of plays it includes. Then on the next post I'll start a list where we can put which playbook would be the most appropiate for each team. I'll upload a compressed file here with each defensive playbook modified to be openable in PacFan's editors.

The objective is to use them as a base, then add different formations/plays from other playbooks that fit the team's style. That and changing the formations to fit what a team runs. For example, if a team mostly runs a Dime 2-3-6, but the only way to use it right now is using a Dime Normal (4-1-6) and using the "LB Pass Rush" Sub Package, then the playbook will be edited so that both defensive ends are swapped by the outside linebackers (additionally, maybe 1 DT is replaced by a DE), and then change the "LB Pass Rush" sub package to "DE Pass Rush" sub package, so that there is still the option of using the 4-1-6, even when by default there is only the 2-3-6. This is important, because the AI is completely uncapable of using Sub Packages.

I will be post the list here and will be updating it as I keep decompressing playbooks. On this post we have defensive playbooks.
All playbooks have the Goal Line (5-3-3) and Special Teams formations by default. Additionally, every Quarter set has 3 safeties, making them "Big Quarter" sets ... I think ... I'm not the best at football formation naming conventions. The difference is if the Free Safety #2 is at corner depth (Normal Quarter) or at safety depth (3 Deep). Finally, every Dime 3-2-6 set can be considered a "Big Dime" set, as CB#4 (Dimeback) is replaced by FS#2.

Team Specific Playbooks:
Bears:
4-3: Normal, Over, Under.
46: Bear.
Nickel: Normal (4-2-5), 3-3-5.
Dime: Normal (4-1-6), Flat (Safeties closer to the line, Slot Corners closer to the line, Wide Corners off the line), 3-2-6.
Quarter: Normal (3-1-7)

Bengals:
46: Bear, Normal
Dime: Normal (4-1-6), Flat (Safeties closer to the line, Slot Corners closer to the line, Wide Corners off the line), 3-2-6.
Quarter: Normal (3-1-7), 3 Deep.
Coaches that use this: Adam Gase (Dolphins), Pete Carroll (Seahawks).

Bills:
Nickel: Normal (4-2-5), Strong (4-2-5, Nickelback close to the line, FS closer to the line), 3-3-5.
Dime: Normal (4-1-6), Flat (Safeties closer to the line, Slot Corners closer to the line, Wide Corners off the line).

Broncos:
3-4: Normal, Over, Under, Solid.
Nickel: Normal (4-2-5), Strong (4-2-5, Nickelback close to the line, FS closer to the line), 3-3-5.
Dime: Normal (4-1-6), Flat (Safeties closer to the line, Slot Corners closer to the line, Wide Corners off the line).
Coaches that use this: Vance Joseph (Broncos)

Browns:
Dime: Normal (4-1-6), 3-2-6.
Quarter: Normal (3-1-7), 3 Deep (AKA Big Quarter 3-1-7 with 2 Free Safeties and 1 Strong Safety deep)

Buccaneers:
Dime: Normal (4-1-6), Flat (Safeties closer to the line, Slot Corners closer to the line, Wide Corners off the line), 3-2-6
Quarter: Normal (3-1-7)

Cardinals: This is a pretty interesting playbook, because ...
4-3: Under. (I though you only ran one of them, not both. I know there is an post about this somewhere by moonbax).

Chargers:
Nickel: 2-4-5, 3-3-5.
Coaches that use this: Andy Reid (Chiefs), Chuck Pagano (Colts).

Chiefs:
Quarter: Normal (3-1-7).

Colts:
Coaches that use this: Jason Garrett (Cowboys), Sean Payton (Saints).

Cowboys:

Dolphins:

Eagles:

Falcons:
Coaches that use this: Dirk Koetter (Buccaneers),

49ers:

Giants:
Coaches that use this: Ben McAdoo (Giants),

Jaguars:

Jets:
Nickel: Normal (4-2-5), 3-3-5, 1-5-5 (Safety at corner depth), 1-5-5 Prowl (Everyone is standing up).
Coaches that use this: Hue Jackson (Browns), Todd Bowles (Jets), Bill Belichick (Patriots).

Lions:
Coaches that use this: Doug Marrone (Jaguars)

Packers:

Panthers:
Coaches that use this: Sean McDermott (Bills),

Patriots:
Nickel: 2-4-5, 1-5-5 (Safety at corner depth), 1-5-5 Prowl (Everyone is standing up).
Coaches that use this: Mike McCarthy (Packers), Jon Harbaugh (Ravens), Jay Gruden (Redskins), Mike Mularkey (Titans).

Raiders:
Coaches that use this: Anthony Lynn (Chargers),

Rams:
Nickel: Normal (4-2-5), Strong (4-2-5, Nickelback close to the line, FS closer to the line).

Ravens: This is another very weird and interesting playbook:
3-4: Normal, Over, Solid.
4-3: Under.
46: Bear, Normal. (Again, both 3-4 and 4-3, but they also use the 46)
Nickel: Normal (4-2-5), 3-3-5, 1-5-5 Prowl (Everyone is standing up)
Coaches that use this: Dan Quinn (Falcons), Jack Del Rio (Raiders)

Redskins:
Coaches that use this: Sean McVay (Rams)

Saints:

Seahawks:

Steelers:
Nickel: 2-4-5, 3-3-5.
Coaches that use this: John Fox (Bears), Bill O'Brien (Texans).

Texans:
46: Bear.
Nickel: Normal (4-2-5), Strong (4-2-5, Nickelback close to the line, FS closer to the line).

Titans:
Coaches that use this: Doug Pederson (Eagles), Jim Caldwell (Lions)

Vikings:
Coaches that use this: Marvin Lewis (Bengals), Ron Rivera (Panthers), Mike Zimmer (Vikings).

Generic Playbooks

4-3:

3-4:
Nickel: 2-4-5, 3-3-5, 1-5-5 (Safety at corner depth), 1-5-5 Prowl (Everyone is standing up).
Coaches that use this: Bruce Arians (Cardinals), Kyle Shanahan (49ers), Mike Tomlin (Steelers)

46:
46: Bear, Normal
4-3: Normal

Cover 2: Weird playbook here
4-3: Normal, Under
3-4: Normal, Over
Nickel: Normal (4-2-5), 3-3-5, 2-4-5, 1-5-5 Prowl (Everyone is standing up)

Balanced Defense: This is the Playbook with the most formations and plays.
4-3: Normal, Under
3-4: Normal, Over, Solid.
46: Bear, Normal.
Nickel: Normal, 3-3-5, 1-5-5 Prowl (Everyone is standing up)

QB Contain:
3-4: Normal, Under.
Nickel: Normal (4-2-5), 3-3-5 , Strong (4-2-5, Nickelback close to the line, FS closer to the line), 2-4-5.
Quarter: Normal (3-1-7), 3 Deep

Playbooks that aren't used by any team: Bears, Bills, Browns, Buccaneers, Chiefs, Cowboys, Dolphins, Eagles, 49ers, Jaguars, Packers, Rams, Saints, Seahawks, Texans.

Generic playbooks that are used by any team: 3-4.

Here I uploaded the playbooks. Now I'll need the help from people that actually knows what the twisted minds from the NFL run, because for the most part, I don't. I'd like to know which base playbook would be best for which team, which changes or additionas could be made and what kind of substitutions to the players on the field could be done to achieve realism. For example, a certain team could use Generic 3-4 as a base playbook, but instead of using the 2-4-5, they use the 4-2-5. That is a change that could be done. They also like to use Dime 2-3-6, that's a change it could be done. This is an example of what could be possibly done.
Attachments
Defense.7z
(142.42 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Semper fi

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:23 pm

Next up comes the Offensive playbooks, and for these ones I'll request the same kind of help, which playbook would serve as a base, the kind of personnel each team uses as well as which formations each team uses and doesn't use. This time, I'm only posting the books that the FF/FI mod coaches use, as well as playbooks from Moonbax's research (That while it might not be accurate for 2017 ... or in general, are still good).

For this ones, I'll list the formations and their variations (in spoilers), as well as any notable trick play it has. What trick plays mean to me are:
WR Reverses
WR End Arounds
Jet Sweeps
PA Jet Sweeps
Flea Flickers
QB Designed Runs, the GoalLine QB Sneak doesn't count.
HB Passes
WR Passes
The entirety of the Wildcat formation.

The used playbooks (AKA the ones I'll post here) are: Broncos, Buccaneers, Cardinals, Colts, Eagles, 49ers, Giants, Jaguars, Packers, Patriots, Raiders. Redskins, Saints, Texans, Titans, Generic Pass Balanced.

The only playbooks I couldn't decompress is the Texans playbook, used by Kyle Shanahan (49ers), and the Redskins playbook, used bu Sean McVay (LA Rams). Any suggestion for another similar playbook?

In the next post, I will compare the decompressed Playbooks to Madden NFL 18 formations available per team and will note any difference.

Notes: Every playbook has the GoalLine (I Formation, 3TE Jumbo Package) set, as well as the special teams formations.
The AI doesn't run most Trick Plays, including Flea Flickers, Reverses or HB/WR Pass plays. This could be changed if necesary.

Team Specific Playbooks:

Broncos:Can be defined as a playbook with multiple Empty Sets and QB Rolls. The Rolls can act as a Read Option-like play. The QB can keep it and run, or stay put and pass the ball..
Spoiler:
Singleback
Big: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts.
Big Twin WR: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Twin TE WR: 2TE/2WR/1RB.
Normal: 1TE/3WR/1RB.
Normal Slot: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts.
Base Flex: 1TE/2WR/2RB (FB as receiver). Has a PA QB Rollout.
Empty Trey: 1TE/4WR. Has a QB Bootleg Pass.

I Form
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts.
Twin WR: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts.
Close: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts, WR End Around and Fake WR End Around.
Big: 2TE/1WR/2RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts.

Strong I
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout and PA QB Bootleg.
Twin WR: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Big Tight: 2TE/1WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.

Weak I
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has 3(!) PA QB Rollouts.
Close: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts.
Tight Twins: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts.

Shotgun
Normal Slot: 1TE/3WR/1RB.
Empty Trey: 1TE/4WR.
5WR: 5WR.

Buccaneers: Some Empty Singleback sets, Trips/Bunch sets, some QB Rolls, some Slant-n-Go plays.Note: This playbook needed some slight editing when it comes to the "Formation Audibles" (Audible Menu then Right Analog Stick Up (Quick Pass), Left (PA Pass), Down (Run or Screen for Empty Sets), Right (Deep Pass)). When I upload the playbooks, I'd like someone to use this playbook as a Player, Coach and on CPU vs. CPU.
Spoiler:
Singleback
Big: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has a Flea Flicker.
Twin TE WR: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Normal: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a QB Draw.
Slot Strong: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a WR Double Pass. (Packfan's editor acted up when I saw this play)
Bunch TE: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Trips Bunch: 1TE/3WR/1RB.
Flip Trips: 4WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Tight: 4WR/1RB.
4WR Flex: 4WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Empty Bunch: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a QB Bootleg Pass.
Empty 4WR: 1TE/4WR.
Empty 5WR: 5WR.

I Form
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Tight Twins: 1TE/2WR/2RB.
Big: 2TE/1WR/2RB.

Split Backs (Pro Set, will be removed and replaced, either with a Pistol formation or another Singleback/Gun formation)
3WR: 3WR/2RB. Has a QB Rollout.

Strong I
3WR: 3WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Twin TE: 2TE/1WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.

Weak I
Twin WR: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout and a PA QB Bootleg.

Shotgun
Normal Offset Wk: 1TE/3WR/1RB.
Slot Strong: 1TE/3WR/1RB.

Cardinals Has no Empty sets, 1 Jumbo 3TE set, some Twin sets.
Spoiler:
Singleback
Big 3TE: 3TE/1WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Big: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout, a Flea Flicker and a HB Pass.
Normal: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Slots Strong: 4WR/1RB.
Trips Bunch: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout, WR End Around and the very rare Fake WR Reverse HB Pass.
4WR: 4WR/1RB.

I Form
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a HB Pass.
Big: 1TE/1WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.

Strong I
Normal Flex: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.

Weak I
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB.

Shotgun
2RB 3WR: 3WR/2RB.
Normal Offset Wk.: 1TE/3WR/1RB.
Slot Strg HB Wk: 1TE/3WR/1RB.
4WR: 4WR/1HB.

Colts: This playbook has no Empty set, counts with a 4WR Stack formation that I'll like to implement in some other teams, has a Trips Bunch set and a Jumbo formation and the very rare HB Direct Snap.
Spoiler:
Singleback
Big: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has a Flea Flicker, a HB Pass and a WR Reverse.
Big Twin WR: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts.
Normal: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Slot Strong: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a WR End Around, WR Reverse and WR Double Pass.
4WR Stack: 4WR/1RB.

I Form

Split Backs (Pro Set, will be removed and replaced, either with a Pistol formation or another Singleback/Gun formation)
3WR: 3WR/2RB.

Strong I
Jumbo: 3TE/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.

Shotgun
Normal: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a HB Direct Snap.
Slot Strong: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a QB Bootleg Pass.
Slot Strong HB Wk: 1TE/3WR/1RB.

Eagles: Has Empty sets, Trips/Bunch and multiple QB Rollouts, as if Donovan McNabb was the QB. Also. a fair amount of trick plays involving reverses.
Spoiler:
Singleback
Big: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has a Flea Flicker and a PA QB Rollout.
Twin TE: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Normal: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a QB Draw, WR Reverse and WR Reverse Pass.
Slot Strong: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Trips Bunch: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Flip Trips: 4WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Trey Open: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
4WR Flex: 4WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.

I Form
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a HB Pass, WR End Around, Fake WR End Around PA Pass and PA QB Bootleg.

Strong I
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout and PA QB Bootleg.

Weak I
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts and a PA QB Bootleg. Has a very interesting Zone Blocking Scheme for a HB Slam play.

Shotgun
Slot Strong: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a QB Bootleg Pass.

49ers: Has a fair amount of Go routes, combined with others. Like Hitch-n-Go, In-n-Go.
Spoiler:
Singleback
Big: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Normal: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a WR Reverse.
Empty Trey: 1TE/4WR.

I Form
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a HB Pass and a Flea Flicker.
Twin WR: 2TE/1WR/2RB.
Big: 2TE/1WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.

Strong I
Twin WR: 1TE/2WR/2RB.

Weak I
Close: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.

Shotgun
Slot Strong: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a "Read Option" like play. The QB can pass it or run it himself.

Wildcat (Does any NFL team use the Wildcat at this point? Should we keep it?)

Giants: Has the Full House set, a fair amount of Wing sets, a fair amount of End Arounds and fake End Arounds. And a TE Screen.
Spoiler:
Singleback
Big Wing: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts.
Normal Slot: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a QB Bootleg Pass.
4WR Flex: 4WR/1RB.
Flip Trips: 4WR/1RB.
Empty 4WR: 1TE/4WR. Has the very rare TE Screen Pass.

I Form
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a Fake WR End Around and WR End Around.
Twin WR: 2TE/1WR/2RB.
Close: 3WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout, PA WR End Around, Fake WR End Around and WR End Around.
Twin TE: 2TE/1WR/2RB.

Full House (At times, this can become a Power I formation)
Norma Wide: 1TE/2WR/2RB.

Strong I

Weak I
Twin TE: 2TE/1WR/2RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts and a QB Rollout.

Shotgun
Strong TE Flip: 1TE/3WR/1HB.

Jaguars: Multiple Wing and 3TE sets. Only one Empty set.
Spoiler:
Singleback
Big: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has a Flea Flicker and a PA QB Rollout.
Big 3TE: 3TE/1WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
4WR Falcon: 4WR/1RB.

I Form
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout and WR Reverse.

Strong I

Weak I

Shotgun
Slot Strg HB Wk: 1TE/3WR/1RB.
Trips Bunch: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a QB Bootleg Pass.

Packers: Some Big and Jumbo sets, some Empty sets and Trips/Bunch sets. Also has the very rare Shotgun Short Snap, which is actually a Pistol Split Formations. Note: The Packers playbook was already created thanks to Col. Tratuman. It just needs minimal tweaks in the play art menu images to be correct (Which I can fix), as well as the removal of the Split/Pro formation, which will be replaced by the Gun - Ace Offset formation (Which I also can fix).
Spoiler:
Singleback
Big Wing: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Big 3TE: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Trips Bunch: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Tights Doubles: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
4WR Flex: 4WR/1RB.
Empty Bunch: 1TE/3WR/1RB (HB as Receiver). Has HB Motion Dive and PA HB Motion Dive.

I Form
Twin WR: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a Flea Flicker.

Strong I

Weak I

Shotgun
Short Snap (Pistol): 3WR/2RB.
Empty Tray Stack: 5WR.

Patriots: Multiple Empty sets, multiple Twin TE sets and 2 Jumbo formations.
Spoiler:
Singleback
Big: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout and Flea Flicker.
Big Twin WR: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout and a WR Double Pass.
Tights Slots: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.

I Form
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a WR Reverse and a HB Pass Play.
Big: 2TE/1WR/2RB. Has a WR Reverse.

Strong I

Shotgun
Strong TE Flip: 1TE/3WR/1HB. Has a QB Bootleg Pass.
4WR Spread: 4WR/1HB.
Twin TE Trips: 2TE/3WR. Has QB Draw.
Empty Tray Stack: 5WR.

Raiders: Looks like a Run based playbook, spcially with the variety in the I formations and the lack of variety in the Gun formations, and that one is the Run capable 2RB version.
Spoiler:
Singleback
Big Wing: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts.
Normal Slot: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Offset Strong: 1TE/3WR/1RB.
Trips Bunch: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout and a WR End Around.
Tight: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.

I Form

Flex Close: 3WR/2RB.

Strong I

Weak I
Close: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts.

Shotgun

Wildcat (Does any NFL team use the Wildcat at this point? Should we keep it?)

Saints: Some Empty sets, a Full House Wide set and Twin TE sets.
Spoiler:
Singleback
Twin TE: 2TE/2WR/1RB.
Normal: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a QB Rollout.
Tight Doubles: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Slot Strong: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout, a QB Rollout and a WR Reverse..
Empty Trey: 1TE/4WR. Has a Read Option Pass. The QB can keep it and run or pass the ball.

I Form
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a Fake WR End Around and WR End Around.
Big: 2TE/1WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.

Full House (At times, this can become a Power I formation)
Normal Wide: 1TE/2WR/2RB.

Strong I
Twin TE: 2TE/1WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Bootleg.

Weak I
Twin TE: 2TE/1WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout and a QB Rollout.

Shotgun
Slot Strong: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a Read Option like play. QB can keep it and run with it, or can stay put and pass it.
4WR Empty: 1TE/4WR.
5WR Bunch: 5WR.

Titans: Multiple 2TE sets, just 1 Empty set, a Trips/Bunch.
Spoiler:
Singleback
Big Twin WR: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts.
Big Wing: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Normal Slot: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a Fake WR End Around. However, it doesn't have a WR End Around.
Slot Strong: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout and a QB Bootleg Pass.
Trips Bunch: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts and a WR End Around.
Tight Flex: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.
Trey Open: 1TE/3WR/1RB.

I Form
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout, a Fake WR End Around and WR End Around.
Big: 2TE/1WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout and a Fake WR End Around. No WR End Around.

Strong I
H Pro: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts.
H Twins: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts and PA QB Bootleg.

Weak I
H Pro: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout and a PA QB Bootleg.
H Twins: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has 2 PA QB Rollouts.

Shotgun
Slot Strong: 1TE/3WR/1RB. Has a Read Option like play. QB can keep it and run with it, or can stay put and pass it.
Trips TE: 1TE/3WR/1RB.

Generic Playbooks

Pass Balanced Some Empty sets, a Trips/Bunch, multiple 4WR sets and a few Twin TE sets
Spoiler:
Singleback
Big: 2TE/2WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout and a Flea Flicker.
Tight Slots: 4WR/1RB. Has a PA QB Rollout.

I Form
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Bootleg and a WR Reverse.

3WR: 3WR/2RB

Strong I (There is no Weak I)
Normal: 1TE/2WR/2RB. Has a PA QB Rollout and a PA QB Bootleg.

Shotgun
Trips TE: 1TE/3WR/1RB.
Attachments
Offense.7z
(236.75 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Semper fi

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:26 pm

An alternative too all of this process would be just grabbing the playbook they use right now in the FF/FI mod, add any necessary formation change or formation addition (Pistol formations, Big Nickel/Dime sets and so on) then just add that.
Semper fi

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:40 pm

The 3-4 defense (Base)... the Steelers played, the following in 2017..3-4 Over,Under and Base...2-4-5, 2-3-6(1-cb playing LB)..1-5-5 Prowl...they liked to use on downs between the opponents 25-45 yard lines on long downs..not much of 3-3-5 used at all..Dime 4-1-6(DE=OLBsand DT=DEs).
Butler likes to blitz more with his Safeties and nicklebacks from the slot areas..

Last year the sacks were broken down ...Defensive line 41%, LineBackers 48% and DBs 11%.

The top sack guys were:
DE Cam Heyward 12
ILB Vince Williams 8
OLB T.J. Watt 7
OLN Bud Dupree 6
DT Tyson Alualu 4
CB Mike Hilton 3
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:01 am

Updated most playbooks used by the FF/FI mod up there. Now, starting with Offense (Because it is easier), I'll upload some playbooks with updated formations and formation names. Some quick rules I have for this:

• There seems to be a hard limit relating how many plays there can be in a playbook before it starts acting up and crashing the game. This limits seems to be 390-400 plays, and as such, I'll limit playbooks to that amount of plays (The Steelers playbook I uploaded a while ago has 388 plays, the Packers playbook has 378 plays).
  • In most 5WR sets, I'll replace WR#5 with HB#1 or TE#1 and will create a Sub Package called "All WR" to have a true 5WR set. As I understand it most NFL teams put a HB in their Empty Sets. Generally, if it is "Singleback", there will be a HB. If it is Gun, there will be a TE. If there are 2 Gun Empty sets, one will have the TE, the other will have the HB. There will be Sub Packages to sub in the other WR, the TE (in HB sets) or the HB (in TE) sets as well.

I'm getting the formations I'm going to add from here. While it is not that accurate since is Madden NFL 18, it is decent enough to use, specially the Pistol/Gun formations.
Semper fi

Return to “Plays and playbooks”