Hall of Fame

Madden 2020-22 Playbooks for 08

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:52 pm

Re-Opened for final project update

Score:
Offensive Books - 27
Defensive Books - 29

Patch Notes:
6/25/2022 Update Patch 5.0 - All updates may include minor fixes and new content.
- New York Jets 2022 Offensive Playbook release.
- Houston Texans 2022 Offensive Playbook update.
- Houston Texans 2022 Defensive Playbook update.
- Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Offensive Playbook update.
- Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Defensive Playbook update.

***Bonus Book*** New York Jets 2022 Defense - REvamped AI.

Going forward all playbook's AI are being revamped for better play calling, not redundant. Better and more logical game play decision making. And more competitive vs human players.

4/8/2022 Update Patch 4.0 - All updates may include minor fixes and new content.
- L.A Chargers 2022 Offensive Playbook release.
- Atlanta Falcons 2022 Defensive Playbook release.
- S.F 49ers Offensive Playbook update.
- Dallas Cowboys Offensive Playbook update.
- Detroit Lions Offensive Playbook update.
- Multiple D Defensive Playbook AI updated.

3/26/2022 Update Patch 3.0
- Detroit Lions Offensive playbook updated
- Fixed error handoff Singleback Wing Slot - Jet Sweep

- S.F 49ers Defensive playbook updated
- Corrected Nickel Normal - Overload Blitz - SS had wrong assignment double covering slot wr.
- S.F 49ers Offensive Playbook updated
- Added Sub package "Deeboo Package" to Singleback Deuce Close formation.

3/01/2022 Update Patch 2.0
- Arizona Cardinals Offensive playbook updated
- 1 New formation - Singleback Bunch TE - 9 new plays

2/27/2022 Update Patch 2.0
- 2022 Run-N-Shoot Offensive playbook released.
- Chicago Bears offensive playbook updated to 118 plays.
- Repair play in Indianapolis Colts offensive playbook.

- FYI: The Baltimore Raven's offensive playbook DOES contain the prototype formation "Gun Monster Stack" and two old school "Unbalanced" formations. They are not included in the playbook's AI and should only be run in-game after much practice and complete mastery.

Chicago Bears update includes:

Pistol Formation - added 6 new plays.
2 new formations - I-Formation Twin TE - 9 plays
Singleback Y Off Trio - 12 plays

Indianapolis Colts: Play bug corrected.
Formation: Weak Wing H Slot
Play: 94 Will (Misdirection Run)
Error: QB miss both handoffs (fake FB/give HB).

2/08/2022 Update Patch 1.0
- Updated 2 Defensive playbooks

Detroit Lions: 2 new formations
- 3-3-5 Sam - 15 plays
- Dime Sugar Weak - 18 plays

Green Bay Packers: 1 new formation
- Dime Sugar Weak - 18 plays

Non-Team Playbooks Info:
- 2022 Mutiple D Defense
- 2022 Run-N-Shoot Offense

The Multiple D Defensive playbook does not have the playbook's AI built. It is for the defensive coordinator in you. The Run-N-Shoot offensive plabook does have the playbook AI done. The book can be injected into one of the non-team playbook slots of the gamedata.dat file and assigned to any team.

Team: WestWay502

Edit: I bought a copy of Madden NFL 20 over the weekend. It's smooth, plays better than M19 hands-downs! But I curse EA because "Quick 45" is STILL in the game along with a host other old plays that only got new names! FB Fake HB Toss is now FB Fake HB Flip! But there are plenty of newer plays that I will re-do for Madden 08!

This thing that I'm gonna do will get Madden 08 the newer Madden 20 formations and plays. The first 32 offensive books are going to follow Madden 08's custom books format (75 plays - 10 formations)! To balance the books I am going to use the formations with the fewest plays until I reach the 10 formation limit, then I'll add plays o each of the formations to get to 75.

If anyone(s) want to help, let me know! I have a plan! I'm starting with the 49ers tomorrow!

Edit #2: The Play Art for each play is correct, but off in Madden, but at the LOS clicking to view the play art displays correctly.

Key notes about Madden 08 and the new books!

I have found that they work best on All-Pro setting. I recommend practice to get a feel or watch cpu run the plays!

Option plays: are best run by the user, not cpu. Option Play Logic has been in EA football games since NCAA 98. Madden 08 can perform the option plays with proper logic with a hitch! They fail mostly because the QB are not programmed to pitch the ball when the defenders close in. The QB's don't have a Option pitch sensor! What happens is Madden will make the QB pitch the ball only when he gets to the end of his run logic, then the pitch happens! The pitch isn't based on the QB feeling the pressure. So when the cpu runs the Option Plays, they will work A )as long as QB gets to the end of his run logic B) QB does not get tackled prior to the pitch!

It's my honor to bring the Madden 2020 books to Madden 08!

Enjoy :D

Packfan Playbook Editors saves the day!!!

MORE NOTES: For the offensive books,I have been adding book audibles. Then I found the PBE Alpha, I can add Stick Audibles. Then I saw in PBE 2.5 I could pair them and add formation audibles!

I watched the cpu and the AI calls formation/stick audibles often, it looked good! What surprised me was I didn't associate formation audibles with stick audible plays I assigned!!!

The offensive books are ok, defensive books have book audibles and stick audibles assigned, but no go with formation audibles at the present!

Edit: I got the defensive stick/formations going. I had to set them using the db editor!

07/27/21
Edit: Known Issue: When a few run plays are flipped the QB will miss the hand-off. This happens with human or CPU controlled teams. The issue also occurs when using default playbooks run plays. There is no fix for this issue.

Here is my gamedata team playbook chart.

Code: Select all

========================
Edit Default Team Playbooks
========================

Select gamedata.dat (in Madden08\data0) as the dat file you want to edit. Make a copy, save in \MyDocs\Madden 08\ folder!
Open Dat FileReplacer, leave option zero-base UNCHECKED.

Select a default playbook you want to replace. Let's say you replace the "K.C Defense" PB with your custom PB - that would be file 9. Click, select replacement file. Browse to the book. Click ok, (all books are uncompressed) then click 'replace selected file', save dat!

1-38 for Defense PB      41-79 for Offense PB
-------------------------      --------------------------
1 -  Bears            41 - Bears
2 -  Bengals         42 - Bengals
3 -  Bills            43 - Bills
4 -  Broncos         44 - Broncos
5 -  Browns         45 - Browns
6 -  Bucaneers         46 - Bucaneers      
7 -  Cardinals         47 - Cardinals
8 -  Chargers         48 - Chargers
9 -  Chiefs            49 - Chiefs
10 - Colts            50 - Colts   
11 - Cowboys         51 - Cowboys
12 - Dolphins          52 - Dolphins
13 - Eagles         53 - Eagles
14 - Falcons         54 - Falcons
15 - 49ers                       55 - 49ers
16 - Giants         56 - Giants
17 - Jaguars         57 - Jaguars
18 - Jets            58 - Jets
19 - Lions            59 - Lions         
20 - Packers         60 - Packers
21 - Panthers         61 - Panthers
22 - Patriots         62 - Patriots
23 - Raiders         63 - Raiders
24 - Rams                 64 - Rams
25 - Ravens         65 - Ravens
26 - Redskins         66 - Redskins
27 - Saints                 67 - Saints
28 - Seahawks         68 - Seahawks
29 - Steelers                   69 - Steelers
30 - Titans         70 - Titans
31 - Vikings         71 - Vikings
32 - Texans         72 - Texans
33 - 4-3 Defense      73 - Balanced Offense
34 - 3-4 Def         74 - Pass Balanced
35 - 4-6 D                 75 - Run Balanced
36 - Cover 2         76 - Run Heavy
37 - Balanced D         77 - West Coast
38 - QB Contain         78 - Custom Playbook
39 - DO NOT REPLACE   79 - Trick Plays
40 - DO NOT REPLACE

Madden 2020-22 Playbooks for 08

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 20 Playbooks

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:25 pm

Welcome to the site. You should know that there is a way to have a custom playbook with over the 75 plays/10 formations limit. First you would create a single playbook with one or two formations, then you use the Madden Playbook Editor to add Audibles, Shifts and Sub Packages (This is entirely optional though). Then you create another playbook with a few more formations, then use the Madden Playbook Merger (An utility that comes with the MadMod-X package) to merge the two playbooks. This is going to make the process longer, but the advantage is you get to pick more plays than just 75 (Then again, 75 is good enough when used right)
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:02 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Welcome to the site. You should know that there is a way to have a custom playbook with over the 75 plays/10 formations limit. First you would create a single playbook with one or two formations, then you use the Madden Playbook Editor to add Audibles, Shifts and Sub Packages (This is entirely optional though). Then you create another playbook with a few more formations, then use the Madden Playbook Merger (An utility that comes with the MadMod-X package) to merge the two playbooks. This is going to make the process longer, but the advantage is you get to pick more plays than just 75 (Then again, 75 is good enough when used right)

Thanks jose21crisis, making the playbooks larger than 75 is something I decided not to do because I'm not familiar with the external tools. But anybody can add other formations and plays to them, once I release them! the community can do what they wish to add more into them. I just downloaded Madmod-x. It's got lots of tools. But to keep it simple and to make sure I get 64 books done, I gotta limit the initial project. I heard Madden 20 is going to have playbook updates throughout the season. So if EA's patches contain unique playbook updates for all teams, it's going to be exciting! And I'll probably do some then!

I'm sure I'll be asking ton's of questions about the editors functionality!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:45 am

I got 2 formations done with the 49ers. I tried using the external playbook editor Alpha 2.0. But for some reason it won't save any auto-motion, playaction fakes or option routes. Who is familiar with these and can help me?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:38 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:I got 2 formations done with the 49ers. I tried using the external playbook editor Alpha 2.0. But for some reason it won't save any auto-motion, playaction fakes or option routes. Who is familiar with these and can help me?

You should use The Madden Playbook Editor 1.2, which is the better overall editor, both for offense and defense. Check this one here so you can DL ithttp://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21708. Fiddle around with it and you should start to get a hang on it.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:03 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:I got 2 formations done with the 49ers. I tried using the external playbook editor Alpha 2.0. But for some reason it won't save any auto-motion, playaction fakes or option routes. Who is familiar with these and can help me?

You should use The Madden Playbook Editor 1.2, which is the better overall editor, both for offense and defense. Check this one here so you can DL ithttp://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21708. Fiddle around with it and you should start to get a hang on it.

Thanks, I got a copy loaded. Chicago Bears be next. Matt Nagy's book should be wild, I'm looking forward to this one and Andy Reid's!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:40 pm

I had some unforeseen issues with the 49ers book. I have corrected the following: Run plays corrected (Counter Y), Play-Action logic for all plays (PA Boot X Shot), Option Routes redone. Auto-motion blocking also. If anyone seen anything quirky let me know. I've also moved it into my gamedata. Version 3 is ready and re-posted on 1ST post!

Edit: Also forgot to mention I updated the 49er's playbook AI. I started the Bears offense 20 plays in!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:04 pm

Chicago Bears 2020 Playbooks

I wanted to post yesterday, but had a few glitches. AI is done. I added to my gamedata using DFR5! I played cpu v cpu 49ers v bears. 1st game S.F scored 33 to 10. 2nd game after glitch repairs, Chi Bears 37 to 24. A.I is using all plays and threw deep often!

Formations:
Gun: Empty Base Flex, Empty Bear, Bunch Wide, Spread Dbl Flex
I-Form: Slot Flex
Single-Back: Doubles, Wing Slot
Split-back: Slot
Weak: Wing

******************************Update Upload Date: 6-11-20***:

Change Log:
6.01. Added Split-back Slots formation
6.11. Added Bear Pistol aka Philly Pistol

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:19 pm

Found a problem with the Singleback Wing SL Inside Cross play. The RB out of the backfield running the wheel route, I am unable to pass to him as his icon never lights up downfield. Same problem with the Gun Spread Double Flex Curl Seams play I'm unable to pass to the RB. I will keep looking for anything else.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:27 am

Col. Trautman wrote:Found a problem with the Singleback Wing SL Inside Cross play. The RB out of the backfield running the wheel route, I am unable to pass to him as his icon never lights up downfield. Same problem with the Gun Spread Double Flex Curl Seams play I'm unable to pass to the RB. I will keep looking for anything else.

Thanks Col. Trautman, I fixed the RB issue for both plays. The playbook editor (play-data) had both RB's at 0 % to receive a pass from the QB! And for the Inside Cross, I gave both WR3 and TE new routes. I noticed that if they both get a clean release fro the LOS, they run into each other! The routes are clean and fixed!

Thanks for your feedback! I posted version 2 above!

Return to “Plays and playbooks”