Madden 2020-22 Playbooks for 08

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 20 Playbooks

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:48 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Seattle Seahawks 2020 Offensive book 75

Found error with SB Doubles HB Pump Draw Play, also still correcting other broken plays in the other book. Mostly QB missing hand-off or not processing play-action properly! I saw plays work in playbook testing, practice, but not in game, not sure why, but working on them!

Sponsor

Sponsor

ABoogieYesSir
Rookie

Postby ABoogieYesSir » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:59 pm

nvm

IceyJFish
All-Pro

Postby IceyJFish » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:26 am

Mind if you guys make or already have defense playbook's from Madden 20? :D

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:50 pm

IceyJFish wrote:Mind if you guys make or already have defense playbook's from Madden 20? :D

I am currently just finishing the on N.E defnese v.1 (doing AI). I had a major fail issue with 4 books I had almost done. I created a formation and plays using the external editor. I added them to the other books, now Madden crashes when I attempt to load those books. Really set me back! But I recovered and grinding slowly! So I note NEVER USE Editors Def. 1.2, Off 2.5 or Alpha PBE to create formations or plays from scratch! Always create formations and base plays in-game, then use external editor to modify them! :cry:

Another thing about the Curl/Flat Zone coverage purple color schemes and the light blue flat zone color scheme used in Madden 20, they don't not translate well in Madden 08. Example. Madden 20 has plays where SS and FS doing Purple colored Flat Zone Coverage. There's no way to emulate that using the Curl/Flat Zone in Madden 08! I use the regular Blue Flat Zones to make the coverage's work properly!

So the defenses work as they should, you just won't have the same color schemes as Madden 20! N.E should be up sometime tomorrow after final v.2 testing!

ShoNuff
Rookie

Postby ShoNuff » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:49 am

FYI: Aside from the limited number of plays in these playbooks, the AIGR's are not setup properly. There's a post in this forum somewhere that explains the proper AIGR setup.
"Being aware of a single shortcoming within yourself is far more useful than being aware of a thousand in someone else" -Dalai Lama

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:52 am

ShoNuff wrote:FYI: Aside from the limited number of plays in these playbooks, the AIGR's are not setup properly. There's a post in this forum somewhere that explains the proper AIGR setup.

these are only sample books. Please feel free read the aforementioned post and set the AIGR to your liking! But you do not have permission to re-distribute my custom created books after your edits ShoNuff!!

ShoNuff
Rookie

Postby ShoNuff » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:43 am

I only brought it up in case you wanted to improve on your excellent work.
"Being aware of a single shortcoming within yourself is far more useful than being aware of a thousand in someone else" -Dalai Lama

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:50 pm

ShoNuff wrote:I only brought it up in case you wanted to improve on your excellent work.

The books aren't excellent because Madden 08 is poorly designed when it comes to making custom books! It's outdated and does not give users access to necessary logic to mimic today's books! There are holes and glitches, Yep! Yesterday right before I was going to post the N.E defense, Madden glitched 20-30 plays and flipped the assignments for no reason! CB1 was covering zone opposite side of field that CB2 should have been covering. I spent til 3 am trying to figure out what happened. I had to use PF book editor to reset every play to make sure the correct logic was being used. When I try to open the book inside Madden editor it crashes now! :o

As for my AI, I have rules about how I manage and play a game. I set the AI for teams to manage field position and use their best weapons often. Ex. Inside the opponent 5 yard line. I never run any counter or any run play with delay backfield action. I will run play action on 1st and 3rd down only. Never run screens either. The same goes for if I'm pinned inside my 5 yard line. No draws, delays or playaction!! But when the cpu runs the books, They run counter's on 3rd down, screen inside the opp. 10 yard line which I didn't program, delays or read options inside their own 3 yard line. Madden 08 is just Madden 08

I thought the AI I set was pretty good, minus the quirky play I mentioned. The cpu games are exciting. Scoring is up and I really enjoy my books getting the better of the EA default books. The Ravens have put up 50 twice in cpu games with my new book! I have a replay where L. Jackson runs the Read Option, the defender bites on the HB and Lamar goes for 68 for a TD. The plays are good when they work, but Madden 08 is limited!

I'm not going to read the AIGR post, so again you can do your thing bro!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:58 pm

N.E Patriots 2020 Defense MORE Updated!!!

If you report any malfunction, please give:

Formation: Nickel 2-4-5
Play: SS Oveeload 3
Error: crash to desktop

Thanks again, enjoy!

More errors: removed

ShoNuff
Rookie

Postby ShoNuff » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:15 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
ShoNuff wrote:I only brought it up in case you wanted to improve on your excellent work.

As for my AI, I have rules about how I manage and play a game. I set the AI for teams to manage field position and use their best weapons often. Ex. Inside the opponent 5 yard line. I never run any counter or any run play with delay backfield action. I will run play action on 1st and 3rd down only. Never run screens either. The same goes for if I'm pinned inside my 5 yard line. No draws, delays or playaction!! But when the cpu runs the books, They run counter's on 3rd down, screen inside the opp. 10 yard line which I didn't program, delays or read options inside their own 3 yard line. Madden 08 is just Madden 08

That's the thing I'm saying, that kind of problem can be solved if the plays are associated with the proper AIGR. I am by no measure an expert in playbook creating or editing, but understanding what each AIGR number and what plays should be associated with them is key IMHO. But to each it's own!

Return to “Plays and playbooks”