Cover 0?

slashmaster14
Rookie

Cover 0?

Postby slashmaster14 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:19 am

Hello, I've been watching Patriots highlights lately and they've been running a lot of what is known as 'cover 0", and it has been super effective, so I wanted to know if there is a playbook that has a play somewhat similar to it, or maybe a way to create myself.

Cover 0?

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Cover 0?

Postby RevanFan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:52 pm

slashmaster14 wrote:Hello, I've been watching Patriots highlights lately and they've been running a lot of what is known as 'cover 0", and it has been super effective, so I wanted to know if there is a playbook that has a play somewhat similar to it, or maybe a way to create myself.

Well, cover 0 is simply a formation with no deep safeties (safeties lined up near the linebackers) and all defensive backs in man coverage. So... anything you can find like that works.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:31 pm

The only problem with "Cover 0" is that if you have a QB with a quick release he can beat the CB or S on slants and double moves. The 85 Bears played a lot of Cover 0 and Bracket zone. They and the Pats send more men to blitz than the Offense can pick up.
When the Bears in 85 played the Dolphins ( with Dan Marino) he used quick short passes and his quick release gave the Bears their only loss that year.
The other and I always say is the most important part of an offense, is the O line. They have to be smart enough to recognize who is coming and communicate to the others, if help is needed.
That "Ameba" or "Rover"( what the Steelers call theirs) is to confuse the O line on who is coming...If you ever see the center or the QB pointing and calling out a number...that is the Mike ( or Middle Linebacker). The Mike will be the one that tips off who is coming, along with who sometimes creeps up to the line of scrimmage.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

ZanJose
Rookie

Postby ZanJose » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:36 pm

if you want it to run Cover 0 as close as they do, just pull the blitzes in your playbooks with just 1-on1 man coverage and press "Y" and then use "align"

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:19 am

4-3 fire blitz is probably the closest thing I can think of to a Cover 0. It's risky as hell to call it but if you got a sack on 1st and 2nd down, and your defense is pumped and the qb is a bit orange/yellow fatigued....sometimes I call it and bash the poo out of the qb to the tune of 10+ or more sacks. I am like Greg Williams, I love blitzing and disguising my blitzes as zone coverage is a great technique using the 3-4 base defense or 3-4 over to pick off passes or contain the run to the outside.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:24 am

Additionally if the PC calls a WR screen you are toast. It's basically an automatic touchdown lol. That's why its important to mix up your blitzes with zone defenses to confuse the PC.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:19 am

slashmaster14 wrote:Hello, I've been watching Patriots highlights lately and they've been running a lot of what is known as 'cover 0", and it has been super effective, so I wanted to know if there is a playbook that has a play somewhat similar to it, or maybe a way to create myself.

This is a Madden 08 generic Cover Zero playbook (not based on any team)! It has most of the default cover zero plays in the game. I think Madden 08 has roughly 150-200 cover zero plays in it. A few plays are the same but different names based on the team using it! Basically they are scattered throughout every defensive formation in Madden (even 46 D has them)!
Attachments
Madden 08 Base Cover Zero.pbd
(139.22 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Return to “Plays and playbooks”