How to change when players retire

Technical discussion of development of third-party apps.
necro
Rookie

Re: How to change when players retire

Postby necro » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:14 am

Hi,

Im looking at having a play with these tables but cannot seem to get them into from the DB_TEMPLATES.dat
Ive managed to extract the dat file out to the 14 parts (DB_TEMPLATES.dat.File00001.copy001,DB_TEMPLATES.dat.File00002.copy001 ) etc but DB editor doesnt appear to open it... I get an unhandled exception.

Obviously im doing something wrong.. any ideas on how to resolve...

Thanks in advance

Sponsor

Sponsor

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:04 am

necro wrote:Hi,

Im looking at having a play with these tables but cannot seem to get them into from the DB_TEMPLATES.dat
Ive managed to extract the dat file out to the 14 parts (DB_TEMPLATES.dat.File00001.copy001,DB_TEMPLATES.dat.File00002.copy001 ) etc but DB editor doesnt appear to open it... I get an unhandled exception.

Thanks in advance

Are you using the DB editor version 3.0 ?

pagjame
All-Pro

Postby pagjame » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:22 pm

lichtental wrote:

Thanks in advance

Are you using the DB editor version 3.0 ?

I'm having the same problem and I am using DB Editor 3.0

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:19 pm

Thanks in advance

I know right! I get that same error message EVERY FREAKING TIME! Nothing will work! Here's my topic about it:

http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18752

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:53 pm

JSamuel wrote:

Thanks in advance

I know right! I get that same error message EVERY FREAKING TIME! Nothing will work! Here's my topic about it:

Run as administrator and in compatability mode with XPsp3

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:33 pm

valvegas1 wrote:
JSamuel wrote:

Thanks in advance

Run as administrator and in compatability mode with XPsp3

I've tried that. Alas, it was to no avail. I'm going to try running it on a Windows XP Service Pack 2 Virtual Box.

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:26 pm

JSamuel wrote:I've tried that. Alas, it was to no avail. I'm going to try running it on a Windows XP Service Pack 2 Virtual Box.

Thats odd I've been able to run all the utilities in XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 flawlessly

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:49 pm

valvegas1 wrote:
JSamuel wrote:I've tried that. Alas, it was to no avail. I'm going to try running it on a Windows XP Service Pack 2 Virtual Box.

Thats odd I've been able to run all the utilities in XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 flawlessly

I installed a Windows XP virtual machine, and I tried to install Microsoft .NET Frameworks 1.1, 2.0, 3.5, and 4.5.1. I successfully installed all of them except 4.5.1, because I got an error message that said it was incompatible with my OS. How did you get it to work in XP?

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:24 pm

JSamuel wrote:I installed a Windows XP virtual machine, and I tried to install Microsoft .NET Frameworks 1.1, 2.0, 3.5, and 4.5.1. I successfully installed all of them except 4.5.1, because I got an error message that said it was incompatible with my OS. How did you get it to work in XP?

You can't...4.5.1 was designed for windows 10...it works with 7 and 8 because those are still supported by Microsoft but because XP is no longer supported they will never add the ability for it to run in XP

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:20 am

valvegas1 wrote:
JSamuel wrote:I installed a Windows XP virtual machine, and I tried to install Microsoft .NET Frameworks 1.1, 2.0, 3.5, and 4.5.1. I successfully installed all of them except 4.5.1, because I got an error message that said it was incompatible with my OS. How did you get it to work in XP?

You can't...4.5.1 was designed for windows 10...it works with 7 and 8 because those are still supported by Microsoft but because XP is no longer supported they will never add the ability for it to run in XP

So is it even possible to get MadModX to work in Windows XP?

Return to “Development”