cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
cdcool
MVP

Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Postby cdcool » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:36 pm

I've basically moved over to Madden 19 and 20 PC now, My new sliders are posted in the Madden 19 Forum here.
I can be found on the Madden 20 Slider Forum on Operation Sports.
The game is playing great now CPU vs CPU
Madden 08 has been great but it's time to move on.

Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Sponsor

Sponsor

mpantani
Rookie

Postby mpantani » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:27 am

Anyone experiences random crashes only in CPU VS CPU games ?

patriotjames
All-Pro

Postby patriotjames » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:14 pm

cdcool wrote:MADDEN 2008 PC, best football simulation on the market and the most supported!

I currently use Rodgerjinx's Franchise and the FF/FI Mod Franchise mod. I also use Calhoupe's scripts, which is critical since it includes the current NFL rules and other features that have modernized Madden to present day. I have watched more that three seasons of games using my sliders, they work. The end of season stat's are very close to the NFL. I am very happy with the overall results of the sliders. Many years of testing and hard work.

Below is a sample game log, feedback is appreciated, please keep in mind that it is only one game, from my readings the average completion percentage for QB's per game is around 60% in the NFL.

Madden is not perfect and sometimes I do have to let games play out more than once if something is way off such as completion percentage, sacks, interceptions or number of punts. Using Calhoupe Scripts 1.70 and the Speed Up CPU games #2 option, you can now watch an entire game in about 8-10 minutes, so replaying a game as many times as needed is not a time-consuming issue anymore.

I moved from 12 min quarters, which I used and tweaked over the past 10 years to 15 min quarters in 2017 because I now wanted to mirror the NFL as closely as possible with Madden. I have watched over 3 seasons of stats with my sliders and are satisfied with the end of season stats.

You must use every setting that I have below, any deviation will cause different results.

I got a few questions if you could answer for me.

1) Can I use this with the original Madden 08 Rosters and without the FF/FI Mod?
2) Can one use Calhoupe's scripts with the original game? How does this speed up the game? (Does it skip cutscenes and such?)
3) You use 4 progression times. NZA recommends 1 or 2. Don't you have too many highly ranked players after 3 seasons of playing?

I'm sure I have more, but thats all I can think of after reading the thread. This is the way I have tried to play the game for years, I'm excited someone has figured it out a lot better than myself.

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”