Jose21crisis' Attribute Research

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:55 am

EA Sports has not done a lot of great things with Madden NFL. They remove good features, then reintroduce them in later versions as "New). And mostly the newer games are roster updates (How do you add new stuff into a sports game again?). They'll probably remove Franchise mode because of Madden Ultimate Team for money reasons. Now, something that they did right is expanding the player ratings.

My target today (Out of a lot of targets that I have in my sights) is the running backs. Specifically:

Trucking vs. Elusiveness: Which were these stats in Madden 08 Gen 6 (PC/PS2)?

I want to find triggers Power animations (Trucking) and what triggers Finesse/Elusive animations. In Next Gen Madden, both Next Gen (Back Then) Madden 08 as well as the newer Maddens, this was Trucking for Power and Elusiveness for Elusive. The obvious in Gen 6 Madden 08 (PC/PS2) would be that Agility is what triggers Elusive animations and Break Tackle triggers Power animations. However, I wanted to make this experiment and make sure of that. The experiment goes like this:

• I will create a 6'5'', 226 lbs. HB, and set his ratings to the one showed.
  • I will take him through the Ground Attack drill.
  • During the drill, I will use the Highlight Stick to shed whoever my Fullback doesn't block.
  • I will report the findings here.

Here are the results

• Test 1 (The Elusive Back)
    Speed 80
    Agility 99
    Break Tackle 50

Shed 4 out of 6 tackles. The player dodged and and was hard to wrap up.
  • Test 2 (The Power Back)
    Speed 80
    Agility 50
    Break Tackle 99

Shed 4 out of 6 tackles. The player was wrapped up but forced his way free. Also, ran people over.
  • Test 3 (LT, if you didn't get the reference, the Feature Back)
    Speed 80
    Agility 99
    Break Tackle 99

Shed 5 out of 6 tackles. The player mostly ran people over. No Elusive moves were observed.

So, what I got from this experiment?

• Next Gen Madden's Elusiveness is Gen 6 Madden's Agility.
  • Next Gen Madden's Trucking is Gen 6 Madden's Break Tackle.
  • Power moves take priority over Elusive moves assuming Agility and Break Tackle are equal.

This is part of a little experiment series I'll do related to Next Gen Madden ratings, and their equivalent on Madden 08 Gen 6. My next target is Defensive Lineman, followed possibly by Cornerbacks.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Attribute Research: Player Weapon triggers in Madden 08 Gen7 (X360/PS3)

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Just so that you are aware, the Madden NFL 08's Prima Guide has a list of the different player weapons a player can get AND the stat needed to get that weapon, here is the full list. I will also include the similar Weapon in Gen 6 Madden 08:

• Smart QB: 92+ Awareness.
  • Cannon Arm QB: 95+ Throwing Power. (Seems to be 90 in Gen6)
  • Accurate QB (Precision Passer in Gen6): 94+ Throwing Accuracy (Seems to be 90 in Gen6).
  • Speed QB (Scramblerr in Gen6): 80+ Speed.

• Elusive Back: 92+ Elusiveness (Agility in Gen6)
  • Power Back: 90+ Trucking (Break Tackle in Gen6)

Fullbacks don't get respect. No roles specifically for them.

• Stiff Arm Ball Carrier (RBs, WRs and TEs can get this one): 95+ Stiff Arm (Should have tested this one. I'd bet that it is Break Tackle as well)

• Quick Receiver: 91+ Route Running (Route Running is a joke in Next Gen Madden. It does influence the separation a receiver can get from a defensive back, but it doesn't alter how smooth and sharp receivers run routes, or how accurately they run them. Compare ESPN NFL 2K5, where it did matter, with receiver going anywhere BUT where you need them to be.)
  • Possession Receiver (This is not Gen6's Possession Receiver): 90+ Catch In Traffic
  • Spectacular Catch Receiver (Note: Spectacular Catches can be triggered in Gen6, by any receiver with 88+ catching. Learned this from the Madden 07 Prima Guide.): 90+ Spectacular Catch.
  • Hands (Possession Receiver in Gen6): 90+ Catching.

• Shutdown Corner (Containment Corner in Gen6): 92+ Man Coverage (Awareness in Gen6, In theory. I plan to test this)
  • Smart Corner (These Smart Roles are arcade-y. They reveal the opponent's play): 90+ Play Recognition (Awareness in Gen6 too)
  • Press Coverage Corner (Sadly, doesn't work in Gen6): 92+ Press

• Smart Safety: 90+ Play Recognition.
  • Smart Linebacker: 90+ Play Recognition.
  • Big Hitter (On Gen6: Heavy Hitter for Linebackers, Big Hitter for Safeties): 88+ Hit Power (Maybe Tackling. Will have to check this as well).
  • Brick Wall Defender (I guess the same as above): 91+ Tackling.

• Finesse Move D-Lineman (Linebackers could get this role too. Pass Rusher in Gen6): 92+ Finesse Moves (These guys are my next target. I'd bet Agility).
  • Power Move D-Lineman (Read Above. Run Stopper in Gen6): 92+ Power Moves (These guys are my target. I'd bet Strength).

• Crushing Run Blocker (Run Blocker in Gen6): 95+ Run Block Strength (90+ Run Blocking in Gen6).
  • Pass Blocker: 94+ Pass Block Strength (90+ Pass Blocking in Gen6).

• Accurate Kicker (Sadly, Kickers and Punters got the middle finger in Gen6. I would fix this, but I don't know where the game has the requirements the assignment of roles): 92+ Kick Accuracy (EA never differentiated Punt Accuracy and Placekick Accuracy).
  • Big Foot Kicker: 92+ Kick Power (EA never differentiated Punt Power and Placekick Power either).

• Speed (Lots of roles in Gen6: Speed Back for RBs, Deep Threat for WRs, Playmaker for LBs, Quick Corner for CBs and Coverage Safety for FSs and SSs): 96+ Speed.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Attribute Research: Awareness on Defensive Backs.

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:06 pm

My next experiment is actually related to the passing game. I'll test the trenches some other time. Trey31 did some research on the meaning of player ratings, or attributes. While I like his research, I don't think is totally accurate (At least, as of the start of this writing. That could change at the end of this). One of the lines ticked me a bit:

trey31 wrote:AWR does not affect CPU man coverage.

My reaction was simple. "I don't think so." I think that Awareness does have effects on Man Coverage. That feeling was partly fueled for an SB Nation series called Breaking Madden. On some of the experiments, Jon Bois (The writer of the series) takes Awareness of the involved players to 0. The results are simply hilarious. And yes, he broke Madden 25.

Back to the point, I decided to test that on my own. First of all, here's the used slider set:

Code: Select all

Slider                         Human   CPU
QB Accuracy                       65    65
Pass Blocking                     40    40
Receiver Catching                 50    50
Running Ability                   50    50
Offensive line Run Blocking       20    20
Defensive Awareness               50    50
Defensive line Knockdowns          9     9
Interceptions                      1     1
Defensive Break Blocks            10    10
Tackling                          29    29
Fieldgoal Length                  55    55
Fieldgoal Accuracy                56    56
Punt Length                       56    56
Punt Accuracy                     49    49
Kickoff Length                    40    40

The key part is the "Defensive Awareness" setting. Keeping it set at 50 makes the players use their actual Awareness rating, instead of some artificially increased or decreased rating. Additionally, I'll be using Defensive Pass Interference at 85 and Offensive Pass Interference at 99. Both of those penalty sliders affect defender and receiver aggressiveness on contested passes, respectively. I'll be using Rogerjinx's Roster, v21. My victims will be the Steelers for the Offense, and the Cardinals for the Defense. Specifically, Antonio Brown as the receiver (Because he's a beast) and Patrick Peterson as the defender (Because he's a beast too). I will be testing the next routes for the separation AB can get from Patrick P, when Patrick has his Awareness altered. By default in the roster, he has 86 Awareness.

• Quick Out.
  • Slant.
  • Drag.
  • Curl.
  • Post.

I'll using 6 different Awareness settings. Those are 0, 20, 40, 60, 80 and 99.

• 0 Awareness:
    Quick Out: Patrick gave AB about 10 yards of separation
    Slant: Patrick followed AB during his cut to the slant.
    Drag: Just as with the Slant, Patrick followed AB all the way.
    Curl: Patrick took his time to react to the curl.
    Post: Patrick also took a while to react to AB cutting. Would have been a TD if the play wasn't Cover 2 Man.
  • 20 Awareness:
    Quick Out: Patrick gave AB about 10 yards.
    Slant: Same as with the 0 AWR test, Patrick followed AB all the way.
    Drag: Same as with the 0 AWR test, Patrick followed AB all the way.
    Curl: Patrick took his time to react to the curl.

At this point, I realized that only some routes actually affect the man coverage. Specifically, routes with cuts, like Outs, Ins, Posts, Curls and Flags. Drags don't have any cuts, and Slants, while they have a little cut, don't seem to be regarded as a "cut". At least, the audible slant. However, the Slant route ran by the wideouts in any "Slants Middle" play do affect man coverage. Slants ran by the slot receivers in any "Slant Middle" play don't affect man coverage. I'll continue to test the routes that do seem to affect man coverage.
  • 40 Awareness:
    Quick Out: Patrick gave AB about 8 yards.
    Curl: Patrick gave AB about 5 yards.
  • 60 Awareness:
    Quick Out: Patrick gave AB about 8 yards.
    Curl: Patrick gave AB about 4 yards.

Definitely seeing a higher improvement on Curls and Posts than on Outs.
  • 80 Awareness:
    Quick Out: Patrick gave AB about 6 yards.
    Curl: Patrick gave AB about 4 yards.

Note: Patrick, on 0 Awareness, took a while after the snap to move. Now, on 80 Awareness, he moves almost at the snap. Maybe a few frames off, but still, faster reaction. Still not much when it comes to the out.
  • 99 Awareness:
    Quick Out: Patrick gave AB about 3 yards.
    Curl: Patrick gave AB about 4 yards AND turned around as soon as he sensed the curl.

Note: All of this was on practice mode. Practice mode is not as hard as actual gameplay because the D is not as aggressive., but this whole point still stands.

So, what I got from this research is;
  • Awareness does affect Man Coverage.
  • Drag Routes, Audible Slants and the Slot Slant routes from the Slant Middle plays don't affect defenders in Man.
  • Awareness also affects reaction to the snap.

And no, I don't think trey31's research is totally accurate.

Additionally, this could mean that:

• Awareness IS Next Gen's Man Coverage. Not sure if Zone, as I didn't put Patrick P on Zone during these tests, and I'm not sure Awareness even affects Zone Coverage in this game.
  • Awareness IS Next Gen's Play Recognition. I threw in some PA passes to see how Patrick reacted. At 0, he ran to Bell for a while. At 99, he knew it was a PA pass.
Semper fi

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Attribute Research: Gen6 M08 Ratings and their modern counterparts.

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:35 am

I wanted to post this, so I can keep track of what each M18 rating means in the Gen6 Madden 08. I'll list the rating in Madden 08, and the equal in Madden 18. This is what I think the ratings relate to, as well as what results from the research I do.

• Speed: Speed.
  • Strength: Strength, Impact Blocking, Block Shedding (Shared with Agility), Power Moves, Press Rating (Except Press Coverage in M08 doesn't work)
  • Awareness: Awareness, Ball Carrier Vision, Route Running (For Option Routes), Man Coverage, Zone Coverage, Play Recognition, Pursuit.
  • Agility: Agility, Elusiveness, Juke Move, Spin Move, Block Shedding (Shared with Strength), Finesse Moves.
  • Acceleration: Acceleration, Release.
  • Catching: Catching, Catch In Traffic, Spectacular Catch.
  • Carrying: Carrying.
  • Jumping: Jumping.
  • Break Tackle: Trucking, Stiff Arm.
  • Tackle: Tackling, Hit Power.
  • Throw Power: Throw Power.
  • Throw Accuracy: Short Throw Accuracy, Medium Throw Accuracy, Deep Throw Accuracy, Throw On The Run.
  • Pass Block: Pass Blocking.
  • Run Block: Run Blocking.
  • Kick Power: Kick Power.
  • Kick Accuracy: Kick Accuracy.
  • Kick Return: Kick Return Rating.
  • Stamina: Stamina.
  • Injury: Injury Rating.
  • Toughness: Nothing similar.

This list will change as I keep doing experiments related to player attributes.
Semper fi

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Attribute Research: What each Rating SEEMS to mean, according to Madden itself. Part I: Offense

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:09 am

One of the things I like from Madden NFL 08, is the Superstar Mode. You create a guy and try to get him to be the greatest of all times at his position. Now, they have this nifty section in which there is a scouting report about you based on your stats and it changes based on your ratings, I decided to take that a look at those. Fortunately, I found the table that contains them, as well as each description based on Overall rating, as well as based on ratings:

Quarterbacks:
Involved ratings: Speed, Awareness, Throw Power, Throw Accuracy.
  • Speed: Anything from 99 to 80 talk about the QB being a great threat on the run and on open field. Anything 79 to 60 talk about how he has the adequate speed and can buy some time in the pocket. Lower than 60 and it says, not very mobile.
  • Awareness: 99 to 97 praise the QB as being extremely smart, kind of like Peyton Manning. 96 to 90 talk about the QB being great at reading defenses. 89 to 87 talk about how he's generally able to find an open man. Lower talk about his decision making, especially under pressure.
  • Throw Power: 99 to 92 praise his arm strength. 91 to 83 call it above average to average. Lower and his arm strength is criticized.
  • Throw Accuracy: 99 to 92 praise his arm accuracy. 91 to 83 call it above average to good. Lower and it says that he needs to work on his mechanics.
Conclusion: Speed is what is expected. Same with Throw Power and Throw Accuracy. Awareness is the decision making and the capability to look for another receiver and not force a pass. It also alters the QB Vision Cone.

Halfback
Involved ratings: Agility, Speed, Acceleration, Awareness, Carrying, Break Tackles (Trucking)
  • Agility: Anything 99 to 92 like his lateral movement speed. Lower up to 83 call it decent enough. Lower and it says that the back lacks elusiveness.
  • Speed: Anything higher than 90 is liked. 86 to 85 is called Average NFL Speed, with anything lower said that the back is not fast.
  • Acceleration: Just like in a lot of these. From 99 to 92, it says they like his explosiveness through the hole. Lower is still good, up to 87. Then they don't like it.
  • Awareness: Apparently this controls Ball Carrier Vision: They like it from 99 to 90. On the 89 to 87 line it says "Needs to slow down and learn how to develop his blocks.". I have never seen a running back show patience in this game. Like, I've seen them cutback inside, but I've never seen them allowing the Linemen to come infront of him and block. Maybe is because my sliders make the run blocking suck (17 Run Block).
  • Carrying: It says nothing. Except on the 78 to 0 range, in which it says that fumbles can be a problem.
  • Break Tackles: They like it from 99 to 90, saying that he "Keeps pads low to the ground and delivers a blow upon contact.". That's about it.
Conclusion: Agility is juking ability, spins and elusiveness. Speed is what you expect. Acceleration is explosiveness through the hole. Carrying is exactly that. Break Tackles is Trucking. Awareness should be patience and Ball Carrier Vision.

Fullback
Involved ratings: Awareness, Catching, Pass Blocking, Run Blocking.
  • Awareness: Anything above 82 is well likes. They like his instincts and is rarely caught out of position. Lower and they call his awareness average.
  • Catching: Surprising that Halfbacks don't have this one too. Anyway, anything over 80 is great. Over 70 is good. And over 62 is decent.
  • Pass Blocking: They like his blitz pickup skills when over 62. And they still like it when over 51.
  • Run Blocking: They like his lead blocking when over 80, and is still great when over 70. Lower and they hate it.
Conclusion: Awareness is how he recognizes what's going on around, probably who to block. Catching is that. Pass Blocking is how likely he's to pick up a player when his assignment is Pass Block. Same with Run Blocking.

Wide Receiver
Involved ratings: Agility, Speed, Acceleration, Awareness, Catching, Jumping.
  • Agility: They like anything above 92, saying that he can make defenders miss in the open field. Anything below 82 is disliked.
  • Speed: They like anything over 90, saying he's fast enough to get behind most DBs ... I've seen this before (Deep Threat). Less than 82, he's called a possession receiver.
  • Acceleration: Again, they like his explosiveness of the snap when over 90. They hate it when less than 82.
  • Awareness: Again, over 90 they like it, saying that he has great instincts and runs great routes. At the 81 to 74 range it says "Not a great route runner. Struggles to find his place vs. zone coverage.".
  • Catching: They like anything over 90. The 89 to 87 range is called erratic. 82 to 79 is called average.
  • Jumping: They like anything over 92. Less than 78 and they start disliking it. Less than 73 it says: "Not a big threat on jump balls on fade routes."
Conclusions: Agility is Elusiveness and cut speed. Speed is that. Acceleration is that. Awareness is route running. Catching is that. And Jumping is exactly that.

Tight End
Involved ratings: Speed, Awareness, Catching, Run Blocking, Jumping.
  • Speed: They like anything over 84. Over 80 is decent.
  • Awareness: Over 80, they like his recognition skills against zone.
  • Catching: Over 80, they like it. Less and it's decent.
  • Run Blocking: They just like it over 70.
Conclusions: Speed is just that. Awareness is their play recognition and route running. Run Blocking is their capability to engage a block. Catching is that.

Offensive Line
I read the descriptions for everyone, and they seem the same for every offensive lineman. As I understand it, the Guards are better run blockers, the Center is the smartest lineman as well as a good pass blocker, the Left Tackle is the best Pass Blocker and the Right Tackles is a great run blocker. I'll take the descriptions from the Left Tackle.
Involved ratings: Strength, Awareness, Pass Blocking, Run Blocking.
  • Strength: They prefer anything over 92, but still like over 90. The 86 to 83 range says "Has problems with bull rushers over the top.".
  • Awareness: Same as Strength, they prefer over 92, but still like over 90. The 99 to 92 range says "Rarely loses a matchup once he's locked onto the defender."
  • Pass Blocking: They like anything over 92. They still like over 90, but no as much. They don't like him below that.
  • Run Blocking: They like him over 92. In the 91 to 90 range, he's called an asset in the running game. Below 82, they don't like him.
Conclusions: Strength is the capability to cope with the Bull Rush Power Move. Awareness is the capability to cope with Finesse Moves (Spins and Rips). Pass Blocking, as well as Run Blocking server as multipliers for this.

Next up we have: The Defense, followed by The Special Teams.
Semper fi

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Attribute Research: What each Rating SEEMS to mean, according to Madden itself. Part II: Defense

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:04 pm

Continuing along the last post, here we have the defense:

Defensive End
Involved Ratings: Strength, Speed, Acceleration, Awareness.
  • Strength: They like anything over 90, saying that "Could interchange at DE or DT with his strength.". I'd say you want a 3-4 DE with 95 Strength, otherwise get him out of there or use the 4-3. 89 to 85 seems to be the minimum the game likes. Lower than 80 and it says "More of a finesse rusher."
  • Speed: They like everything over 80, saying that he has "Scary speed for a defensive end.". The 74 to 69 range is average.
  • Acceleration: They love this one over 90. They don't like it below 77. The 99 to 90 range says: "Closing burst is so disruptive that it causes fumbles and hurried throws."
  • Awareness: They like it over 92, saying that he is "Intense playmaker that has a real nose for the big play.". The 82 to 76 range says "Overruns too many plays and makes mental mistakes.".

Conclusions: Strength seems to control the Bull Rush power move and might globally control block shedding. Speed is just that. Acceleration is self explanatory. Awareness SEEMS to control the finesse moves, or the likehood of the DE to use moves, be it power or finesse, to shed a block.

Defensive Tackle
Involved Ratings: Strength, Awareness, Tackling.
  • Strength: They like anything over 95, saying that "Has the upper body strength to maintain separation from opposing lineman.". Over 90 is still good. They start to dislike it below 85.
  • Awareness: They like it over 90. Not so much below 80. The 89 to 85 range says "Shows the consistency and effort of an upper echelon player.".
  • Tackling: They like it over 95, but over 89 is still good. The 88 to 83 range says "Decent tackler.".

Conclusions: Just like above, Strength appears to control the Bull Rush Power Move and might globally control Block Shedding. Awareness seems to control the likehood of the use of moves to shed blocks. Tackling is exactly that.

Linebacker
Now, the game descriptions assume that OLBs and MLBs act as the same. Of course, when you run a 4-3, this is somewhat accurate. All linebackers are Off-the-ball Linebackers. When you run a 3-4, not so much. The MLBs are off-the-ball Linebackers, whereas the OLBs are Edge Rushers. I'll use the descriptions of the MLB because they are the same as that of the OLBs.
Involved Ratings: Speed, Acceleration, Awareness, Tackling.
  • Speed: They like him over 85, saying "One of the fastest linebackers; really a sideline to sideline defender.". The 79 to 75 seems to be average. Below 67 it says "Very slow for a linebacker. May end up moving to rush end."
  • Acceleration: They like him over 92, as most of these descriptions do. The 79 to 72 seems to be the average. That range says "Below average explosion when closing. Can be exploited on the blitz."
  • Awareness: Above 92 it says "Tremendous instincts; shows natural playmaking ability.". The 85 to 80 range seems to be average.
  • Tackling: Naturally, over 92 they like him. The 91 to 88 range says "Breaks down in the open field, wrapping up the ballcarrier." Not sure if that is good or bad.

Conclusions: Speed is just that. Acceleration is explosiveness of the snap. Awareness is play recognition. Tackling is ... well ... tackling. This MIGHT or MIGHT NOT influence the capability of forcing fumbles. Not sure, they don't make any comments about it.

Cornerback
Involved Ratings: Agility, Speed, Awareness, Jumping.
  • Agility: They like him over 96 all the way up to 90. They start hating at 85.
  • Speed: They like him over 97 all the way to 90. Then they don't like him. The 94 to 90 range says "Has good speed for an NFL corner."
  • Awareness: Above 94 it says "Is always one of the most intelligent corners in the NFL.". Below 84 they don't like him. I'm realizing these might be the triggers for some of the players weapons. SOME.
  • Jumping: They like him above 95 all the way to 90. They hate him below 85.

Conclusion: Agility is quickness when turning. Speed is just that. Awareness is play recognition and coverage ability. Jumping is ... well ... that.

Safety
Both Safeties are considered equal according to the descriptions.
Involved Ratings: Speed, Acceleration, Awareness, Tackling.
  • Speed: They like him over 92, saying "About as fast as it gets at safety." They still like him at 87. 86 to 82 seems average.
  • Acceleration: They like him over 92, again. The 91 to 87 range is called average.
  • Awareness: Above 90 is good, saying "One of the most intelligent safeties in the NFL.". Below 83, they don't like him. Below 76, it says "His instincts, namely his angles of pursuit, leave a lot to be desired."
  • Tackling: Above 84 it says "Devastating tackler that punishes receivers over the middle.". They still like him above 78, saying "Loves to tackle and dole out punishment.". The average seems to be 77 to 72. Key part here. The 71 to 65 range says "Should not be involved in run support."

Conclusion: Speed is that. Acceleration is explosiveness off the snap. Awareness is play recognition and pursuit. Tackling is ... that.

Next up we have: Special Teams. That one will be done pretty quick.
Semper fi

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Attribute Research: What each Rating SEEMS to mean, according to Madden itself. Part III: Special Teams

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:21 pm

Well, there are 2 players in Special Teams that are of note. However, their stats might as well solve the whole kickers shanking kicks and punters shanking punts. Or both shanking Kickoffs.

Kicker
Involved Stats: Kick Power, Kick Accuracy, Awareness.
  • Kick Power: They like him over 95, all the way to 85. The 89 to 85 range says "Decent leg strength. Can make it from the high forties to low 50's.". The next range, 84 to 80 says "Doesn't have a great leg. Struggles on kickoffs and long attempts.".
  • Kick Accuracy: They like him over 94, almost calling him Adam Vinatieri. Well, not so much. But it says "About as close to automatic as it gets in terms of accuracy.". They still like him up to 89. Below, not so much.
  • Awareness: This rating. All right. Over 92 it says "Able to make the kicks that he's expected to and come up big in the pressure moments.". The 91 to 82 range says "Solid kicker that can be counted on when needed.". The 81 to 77 range says "Is inconsistent at times but is usually dependable.". Below that it says "Poor confidence leads to too many misses.".

Conclusions: Kick Power and Kick Accuracy are exactly what you expect. However, Awareness is interesting. Awareness seems to be either Clutch Factor and/or Confidence. And apparently below 77 is bad. Very bad.

Punter
Involved Stats: Kick Power, Kick Accuracy.
  • Kick Power: They like him over 95, all the way to 85. The 89 to 85 range says "Pretty strong leg strength. Not great, but sufficient.". The next range, 84 to 80 says "Average leg strength. ".
  • Kick Accuracy: They like him over 92, saying "He has upper echelon accuracy on placements.". They still like him up to 82. Below, not so much.

Conclusions: Kick Power and Kick Accuracy are exactly what you expect. Is interesting that Awareness does not seem to be a factor here, which is interesting.
Semper fi

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Attribute Research: Possible Player Weapon Triggers taking into account Madden's descriptions.

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:43 pm

So, while doing all the research above, I saw that some descriptions seem to fit with the Player Weapons each player can have. So, what'll do is write every weapon, check the description and see which could be the right trigger for each player weapon.

QBs:
  • Cannon Arm QB: 92+ Throwing Power
  • Precision Passer: 92+ Throwing Accuracy
  • Scrambler: 80+ Speed
  • Franchise QB: Cannon Arm QB and Precision Passer

HBs
  • Speed Back: 90+ Speed
  • Elusive Back: 92+ Agility
  • Power Back: 90+ Break Tackles
  • Feature Back: Speed Back, Elusive Back and Power Back.

WRs and TEs
  • Deep Threat: 90+ Speed.
  • Possession Receiver: 92+ Catching and 90+ Awareness.
  • Go-To Guy: Deep Threat + Possession Receiver.

O-Linemen
  • Pass Blocker: 90+ Pass Blocking.
  • Run Blocker: 90+ Run Blocking
  • Road Blocker: Pass Blocker + Run Blocker.

D-Linemen
  • Pass Rusher: 80+ Speed
  • Run Stopper: 90+ Strength
  • Force Of Nature: Pass Rusher and Run Stopper.

LBs
  • Playmaker: 86+ Speed
  • Heavy Hitter: 92+ Tackling
  • Defensive Enforcer: Playmaker + Heavy Hitter.

CBs
  • Containment Corner: 89+ Awareness
  • Quick Corner: 90+ Speed.
  • Shutdown Corner: Containment Corner + Quick Corner

FSs and SSs
  • Coverage Safety: 92+ Spéed.
  • Big Hitter: 84+ Tackling
  • Hitman: Coverage Safety + Big Hitter.
Semper fi

cdcool
MVP

Re: Attribute Research: Gen6 M08 Ratings and their modern counterparts.

Postby cdcool » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:35 am

jose21crisis wrote:I wanted to post this, so I can keep track of what each M18 rating means in the Gen6 Madden 08. I'll list the rating in Madden 08, and the equal in Madden 18. This is what I think the ratings relate to, as well as what results from the research I do.

• Strength: Strength, Impact Blocking, Block Shedding (Shared with Agility), Power Moves, Press Rating (Except Press Coverage in M08 doesn't work)
  • Awareness: Awareness, Ball Carrier Vision, Route Running (For Option Routes), Man Coverage, Zone Coverage, Play Recognition, Pursuit.
  • Agility: Agility, Elusiveness, Juke Move, Spin Move, Block Shedding (Shared with Strength), Finesse Moves.
  • Throw Accuracy: Short Throw Accuracy, Medium Throw Accuracy, Deep Throw Accuracy, Throw On The Run.

I'm confused are you basing your findings in the Forum on the Console version of Madden or the PC version?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Attribute Research: Gen6 M08 Ratings and their modern counterparts.

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:49 am

cdcool wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:I wanted to post this, so I can keep track of what each M18 rating means in the Gen6 Madden 08. I'll list the rating in Madden 08, and the equal in Madden 18. This is what I think the ratings relate to, as well as what results from the research I do.

I'm confused are you basing your findings in the Forum on the Console version of Madden or the PC version?

Hi,

These ones are based on what I found on multiple forums that talked about Next Gen Madden, which included Operation Sports. I also consulted the Madden 08, 09 and 10 Prima Guides for their descriptions on each rating. Combining that with what I'm learning about Madden 08, as well as my own judgement, I made that list. Most of the judgement calls are with Strength and Agility, namely Block Shedding and Finesse Moves. Stiff Arm Rating is also a judgement call, as I haven't tested that one. I placed it under Break Tackle, although it could be Strength. The rest are the most obvious calls, like all the Accuracy stats go under Throwing Accuracy, Tackling and Hit Power both go under Tackle, all the Catch stuff go on Catching and so on.
Semper fi

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”