Modding Madden 08 Gamecube What I've Found So Far

MagneticPotato
Rookie

Postby MagneticPotato » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:27 pm

Using the memory engine for Dolphin I have found some tricks related to playbooks

When you pick the playbooks for your team right before you begin the game, it goes in alphabetical order from 0-39 for offensive playbooks or 0-38 for defensive playbooks with an address that doesn't change. You can give your team or your opponent any playbook even during superstar mode including custom playbooks.

In playbook editing, A100 is for normal run blocking, 9F00 is for normal pass blocking. For running routes they start with 13 followed by a hex value for distance and a hex value for angle. I haven't really tested the angles yet but for distance if you change the next 2 digits after 13 to FF this will make them travel max distance. This is really useful for the sail concept as it draws away the deep defender far from the medium route.

If you take a stock route and change the 13 to 1F, this will make it a blue route. I know this works for the stock corner and post routes but I've never tried it with other stock routes and it does not work with custom routes. In superstar mode if you are assigned blue route, you can press X or whatever to become orange and eligible for QB to target you. While you are blue you can knock defenders in coverage down without penalty and will be ignored while running a route. This makes it very very easy to get open by running blue then pressing X or whatever when open and calling for ball.

I'm interested in any ways to edit the franchise or superstar mode rosters, anything to increase the prevalence of forced fumbles (especially something like Blitz 2002 where they are guaranteed to fumble), or maybe a way to edit stock playbooks so you can give opp more than 1 type of poison playbook. One good example of a poison playbook is giving them just trips left or trips right scooted back with weakside TE and HB that always PBK so in superstar mode you can easily cover the only 3 people running routes.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Other Madden versions”