Nick Finch: High School to Pros

Journals for customized Madden franchises.
grabursock55
MVP

Re: Nick Finch: High School to Pros

Postby grabursock55 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:52 am

2026 Season Final Info
2026 Season.PNG
2026 Season.PNG (224.34 KiB) Viewed 2205 times
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

Sponsor

Sponsor

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:16 pm

2026 Season: Nick's 5th Pro Season, 3rd in AFA. Nick is 26 years old and on year 3 of 4 in his AFA contract.

The season started off with a bang for the Bombers as they rolled to a 4 - 0 start, winning the first game against Linden Center (Last year's runner up), and Nick accumulating 400 passing yards in his week one game alone in route to a 27 - 17 victory over the Collies. However, the winning streak would end at the hands of an improved, yet still rebuilding Centralia Hawks team. The Bombers had the game essentially locked up before fumbling the ball late in the 4th quarter and allowing a huge pass for the hawks to take the go ahead points. The following week against Bayshore had similar results. The Bombers essentially had the game locked up in the fourth quarter. with 30 seconds left, the bombers had to punt, forcing a fair catch at the 10 yard line for the Beavers. for 27 seconds, the beavers floundered , moving the ball only 16 yards. One the last play of the game, with the clock at 3 seconds, the Beavers connected on a 74 yard pass, exposing the weak Port Boyerton defense again, and sending the Bombers into a losing streak. Last season and especially this season, the Bombers lack of a running game and horrible defense have really damaged the teams chance at success. Some players on the team are growing tired of the lack of help coming from free agency and the draft.
The season had some bright spots, for the Bombers as well. A week 1 victory over last years runner up and a week 4 victory over this years champion stand out. As well as a late rally to defeat Crater Lakes in week 2 by kicking a game winning field goal as time expired. The lack of any sort of running game allowed Nick to excel in the Air Raid offense, breaking the league record for passing yards, and now he holds every major passing record in the AFA. Nick would receive an all-star team spot, offensive player of the year, and league MVP honors for the 3rd consecutive year. Also in Nick Finch News: When the team plane arrived home from Lakoya after their 42-14 victory over the Tribe, Nick Proposed to his long time sweetheart, Sara, to which she accepted. They are planning on getting married the week before Training Camp begins.

2026 Schedule
Linden Center W 27-17
@ Crater Lake W 28-27
Mt. Christo W 17-10
@ Napawhile W 35-13
Centralia L 24-26
@Bayshore L 21-25
Granite Top L 21-24
@Oleport L 10-13
@Lakoya W 42-14

PB Nap S3 1.PNG
PB Nap S3 1.PNG (8.12 MiB) Viewed 2205 times

Week 4, Port Boyerton and Napawhile wore throwbacks to the 2010 season to commemorate the first AFA game every played. The uniforms were a smash hit with fans!

PB CL S3.PNG
PB CL S3.PNG (4.32 MiB) Viewed 2205 times

A late TD gave Port Boyerton a shot at beating Crater Lakes. An onsides kick recovery and a field goal as time expired gave PB the 28 - 27 victory.

PB CEN S3.PNG
PB CEN S3.PNG (6.24 MiB) Viewed 2205 times

Port Boyerton had the game locked up, but somehow let it slip away, losing to Centralia for the first time in 10 years.

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:24 pm

2026 Playoffs

S3 Playoff 1.PNG
S3 Playoff 1.PNG (7.32 MiB) Viewed 2205 times

Over the last few years, Oleport has been a consistant playoff team, but just hasnt been able to make it to the promise land. They would lose in the semifinals to Napawhile, 28 - 35

S3 Playoff 2.PNG
S3 Playoff 2.PNG (7.02 MiB) Viewed 2205 times

Second team All-Star Pruitt stays poised against a heavy Crater Lakes rush. The stout Crater Lakes Defense would hold Pruitt to just 1 passing TD in this semifinal game, as the Comets would beat the miners 34-17

Champ Game S3.PNG
Champ Game S3.PNG (4.84 MiB) Viewed 2205 times

1st team All Star J Reynolds for Napawhile always follows his blocks until he can unleash his deadly speed. Napawhile was just able to outdo Crater Lakes to take home thier second straight AFA title by a score of 23-17

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:33 pm

2027 Season: Nick's 6th Pro Season, 4rd in AFA. Nick is 27 years old and on year 4 of 4 in his AFA contract.

Through the course of the 2027 season, teams rose in the AFA and teams fell in the AFA. Port Boyerton was certainly one of the teams that rose. Coming off a disappointing 5-4 season in 2026, the Bombers coaches and front office finally got together and got the port Boyerton boys some reinforcements for their offense. Maurice Jones-Drew was signed on a 1 year deal after being cut from NFL rosters and not wanting to retire just yet. The NFL was a very welcomed addition to the Port Boyerton Offense who could now, FINALLY, after 2 horribly inefficient seasons, run the ball. The move proved fruitful as the Bombers ended up running the table and finishing the regular season 9 - 0, and eventually winning the Championship. The PB offense was now able to change focus from being a rather impromptu Air Raid team, to a more balanced attack, which allowed the offense to really flourish when opponents couldnt key in on just the passing game. Finch, in the 4th year of his 4 year contract had arguably his best year yet, and (not arguably) his most efficient season yet. Breaking the AFA records for passing TDs, yards per completion, and QBR at 27, 13.3, and 148.9 respectively.

Although the Bombers completed yet another perfect season, the road to perfection was not completly barren of obstacles. Oleport gave the Bombers a tough game that PB won on a last second Field goal in week 2. Not to be outdone, the Bayshore Beavers tried a last second heave to beat the Bombers this year, just as they did last year. Although the deep pass was caught by the beavers WR, he was brought down at the 10 this time, there would be no last second touchdown to derail the Bombers this year. Granite Top always plays tough and the game was closer than the 10 point victory would have you believe. In week 9, Mt. Christo and the Bombers started off blazing hot with both teams scoring touchdowns at an alarming rate before both teams cooled off on the second half. When all was said and done, the Bombers would win by 5. In the Playoffs, the Napawhile Eagles were back for revenge after their 35 point thrashing at the hands on the Bombers in week 1. Napawhile put quite a scare in Port Boyerton, putting the game on the gamble of an onsides kick that the Bombers would recover - sending Port Boyerton to the Championship. While there, they would meet a Bayshore team who seemed underprepared, and the Bombers would emerge victorious, 28-7. for their first championship since 2024.

It is reported that Nick Finch, along with some other stars in the AFA are being scouted by teams in new North American Football League (NAFL), which was established as the recent merger between the USFL, XFL, and CFL. The NAFL is operating as a sort of "division 2" to the NFL. In talking with Finch, he notes that it would be fun to play football in North America again like he did in college, but he is really enjoying his time in the AFA with his hometown Bombers.

2027 Schedule
Napawhile W 45-10
@ Oleport W 17-14
Bayshore W 21 - 17
@ Crater Lakes W 42-7
@ Centralia W 28 - 7
Granite Top W 28 - 18
@ Lakoya W 35-7
Linden Center W 35-7
@ Mt. Christo W 35-30
Playoffs
Napawhile W 29-27
Bayshore W 28-7

S4 PB BS4.PNG
S4 PB BS4.PNG (2.64 MiB) Viewed 2133 times

Port Boyerton Stops Bayshore's last ditch effort to win this year!

PB Nap Playoffs S4 2.PNG
PB Nap Playoffs S4 2.PNG (2.79 MiB) Viewed 2133 times

Napawhile threatened to beat Port Boyerton in a snowy playoff game, but the Bombers defense held tough!

The Bombers Celebrate their third championship since the founding of the AFA in 2010. The Bombers won it all in 2023, 2024, and now 2027.
Champ PB V BS S4 2.PNG
Champ PB V BS S4 2.PNG (9.89 MiB) Viewed 2133 times

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:47 pm

2027-2028 OFFSEASON

Breaking News out of Port Boyerton today as the 4 time League MVP has been reportedly signed by the Orlando Renegades of the USFL conference in the North American Football League. Finch, who has become somewhat of a journeyman despite his success is looking forward to playing football again in America. "America is really the highest level of football in the world." Says Finch, who is slated to become the starter for the Orlando squad. Nick was probed about the possibility of playing in the NFL, as this league will essentially serve as a stepping stone for players to join the big-time, sort of like a Minor League system - But Nick is staying focused on the "here and now". "Its hard to tell where I will be in a few years. My wife will be having our first son in a few months and I really want to focus on what is best for all of us. Right now, taking a major Pay increase and being in the same country as the NFL is the best step for my family." Nick went on to say that he is excited to be playing for the Renegades in such a nice area. He also commented that this league, which consists of 32 teams already established in the XFL, USFL, and CFL seems to be infinitely more stable than his stint in his 22 year old developmental league. Nick inked a 3 year contract with the Renegades, but if he gets a call for an NFL squad, he may end the contract early at no penalty to him.

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:09 pm

2028 Season Press Release RE: North American Football League

The North American Football League (NAFL) is a collection of 32 established and successful teams from the CFL (8 teams), XFL (8 teams), and USFL (16 Teams). The League will kick off its inaugural season in 2028, and will serve as a pipeline for players to make the jump to the National Football League. The purpose of this league is not to overthrow or even compete with the NFL, but rather, offer a competitive environment for young players to develop until they are ready to play at the highest stage. A Player may leave the NAFL to join an NFL team if they are acquired during the offseason, and as such, all players in the league are considered free agents, available to be signed by any NFL squad. A player can not be signed by an NFL team during the regular season. Teams in the NAFL may trade between themselves and will hold a draft of players not signed by NFL teams or players from other smaller leagues who are deemed eligible by the NAFL scouting team.

There were some concerns about teams and league identity. We believe we have established a system that will make our fans, coaches, players, and owners happy. As the league is made up of USFL, CFL, and XFL teams, playing under a unified set of rules and under the umbrella of the MAFL, there will be 2 conferences. The USFL Conference, which will consist of the 16 USFL teams split into 4 divisions of 4 teams each separated based on geography. The North American Conference will be split into 4 divisions as well, 2 of which will be the CFL teams, and 2 will be the XFL teams. The MAFL will crown a USFL Champion at the end of the Conference playoffs, and an XFL champion and CFL champion at the end of the regular season to the team with the best record at that point from each of the 2 leagues.

One change that had to be made playing under this unified rule set is that league records would be wiped clean from each individual league - meaning that new records will be set this season for each category. This decision was made as comparing stats between different leagues who play with different rules and season lengths was unreliable, so this was one concession that had to be made.

The league will operate identically to the NFL, regarding scheduling, trade deadlines and training camps. The largest difference is that the NAFL will be using the traditional 12 team playoff format of the NFL, rather than the current 14 team format.

Training camps kick off soon and we are looking forward to what the MAFL will be putting on the field!

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:54 pm

2028 Season: Nick's 7th Pro Season, 1st in NAFL. Nick is 28 years old and on year 1 of 3 in his NAFL contract.

Nick had varying levels of success in his first season in the USA since he played college football at Montana State. In his rookie season in the NAFL, he only had 1 game where he threw for more than 200 yards and finished the year with 21 passing TDs to 11 INTs, along with 2 rushing TDs - All pretty mediocre.

What wasn't mediocre was Nick's ability to lead his team to a USFL and NAFL championship. as one of the most experienced players in the league, he took his leadership role seriously and rallied his teammates behind him through the tough 16 game regular season. After week 6, the Renegades were sitting at 3-3 and were on a two game losing streak. Nick used the week 7 bye week to get the team together and build strong bonds. Whatever he did, it worked, as the team won 9 of their last 10 games and finished the season 12-4, earning a bye in the first round of the USFL Playoffs.

After the bye, the Renegades would face off against the Oakland Invaders, Nick turned in a decent performance, but the team focused on the run gae primarily to move the ball and the Defense shut out the visiting team from Oakland, winning the game 13-0
The USFL championship game put the Renegades up against the San Antonio Gunslingers, the number 1 team in the USFL. With the first USFL title on the line, the stakes were high, and a record crowd of 65,392 fans packed the stadium to see who our fist USFL champion would be. The game was back and forth, the teams were evenly matched, but in the end, the Renegades would come out on top 20 - 17

In the NAFL championship, Orlando would take on the Dallas Renegades in what would become known as the "Renegade Bowl" unofficially. Ironically, this game was a rematch of week 1, where the Orlando Renegades, lead by Finch, lost to the Dallas Renegades 13-24. This time though, Orlando had flushed out its offense more throughly and had a much more balanced attack, rather than relying on a heavy pass game. The first half ended with a 14 - 14 tie, the fans were in a frenzy! But the second half belonged to the Renegades of Orlando, as they would cap their season with a 23-14 NAFL championship victory. Some sweet redemption for their week 1 loss and, oh, a championship win never hurts!

With a pretty average season, Nick hasnt attracted much attention from the NFL, but he is still keeping his eyes and ears open. Oh, and did I mention that Nick is now a proud father? His wife gave birth to their son, Gregory Finch on July 14, 2028 in Orlando, Florida.

Congratulations Nick!

2028 ORL V TB 1st win.PNG
2028 ORL V TB 1st win.PNG (7.17 MiB) Viewed 1853 times

Orlando got their first NAFL victory by beating Tampa Bay 17-14 in week 2.

2028 finch no helm.PNG
2028 finch no helm.PNG (8.03 MiB) Viewed 1853 times

In week 6, a turning point for the Renegades, Nick threw 3 picks, 0 Tds, and got his helmet blown off.

usfl championship.PNG
usfl championship.PNG (8.89 MiB) Viewed 1853 times

Nick rushes the ball into the endzone in the first ever USFL Championship Game. Nick Threw for one TD and Rushed for this one. He threw no picks en route to a 20 - 17 victory against the slightly favored San Antonio Gunslingers

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:58 am

2029 Preseason

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it has happened! Defying all the odds, a football player from right here in Vaughnland has reached the ranks of the NFL. This is Jake the Jay coming at you live with the latest from our local phenom, Nick Finch. After a 2028 League Championship season with the Orlando Renegades of the USFL, Nick was planning on staying in Florida for at least 2 more years to finish out his contract with Orlando, but thats when opportunity came knocking. Nick, who has developed a pretty solid resume through college and varying levels of pro football was signed by the New England Patriots as the backup QB. The Pats are 2 years removed from their last division title and havent made much of a splash in the post season as the Colts have been running rampant in the AFC in recent years. We got a chance to catch up with Nick regarding his new role in the NFL.

Jake the Jay (JTJ): Nick, first, congratulations on your new contract, you look like you have put on some muscle since we saw you playing for the Port Boyerton Bombers a few years ago.
Nick Finch (NF): Thanks so much for having me on. Its been a long and stressful road these last few years. Exercising helps keep my mind off the stressful aspects of the game. I gotta shout out Michael Shultz, the PB Strength coach for getting me in on the best workouts.
JTJ: Well it definately working! Seems like it was enough to impress the NFL scouts as well. Can you tell us a little about the last few months for you?
NF: Man everything has been wild... We recently had our first child. I love that kid, he keeps me so grounded in life. Having a kid puts life into perspective... After winning the NAFL championship, I partied a little with the guys. You probably know I'm not much of a partier, and went home to spend time with my wife and little guy. It was probably a few weeks later I got a call from a representitive from the Patriots who said they wanted to speak with me about possibly being a role player with the Pats. Of course! Who wouldnt jump at that opportunity? We met a few times, talked football, discussed my career, where I had been and where I see myself and I guess they liked what they heard. I was on a flight to Massachusetts In April and here we are.
JTJ: Wow, thats truly incredible. Do you have an idea of how the Patriots intend to use you in their offense?
NF: No, the team is playing it pretty close to the vest. A role player to me, in the QB sense anyway, would be a backup who gets some snaps when the starter is injured, but I'm not entirely sure.
JTJ: Nick, if I had a team you would be #1 QB any day of the week. I know you have an extremely busy schedule, but I wanted to ask one more question to you if you have a minute.
NF: Sure
JTJ: Vaughnland, Aquatova is obviosuly your home, where you grew up. You played a few years in the AFA, do you see yourself ever coming back? Whether it be to play football or to live?
NF: Its hard to tell, with this contract, I was able to move my family, Mom, Dad, brothers and sisters out to America. They all found homes in the, what they call 'Mid-Atlantic' region, mostly in Pennsylvania, which isnt terribly far from Massachusetts. My parents had ties to pennsylvania through their ancestors who lived there in the past, so when given the opportunity, they wanted to live in the same town. My mom actually lives on the same street that one of her great grandmothers lived on-pretty cool. Anyway, I have a vacation house that I spend a lot of time in during the offseason in PA, so I am able to spend a lot of time with my parents, siblings, and the like.
JTJ: Nick, You have inspired so many young athletes in our area, we wish you nothing but the best in whatever endeavors you undertake and I hope we will be talking to you again soon!
NF: Thanks, Jake, thanks for following my career all these years. We'll be in touch."

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:29 am

2029 Season
Nick is 29 Years old, 1st year in NFL, year 1 of 3 with Patriots.

A day game in the warm, late summer air. The stadium full of cheering fans, hoping to motivate their team to a victory. The weather, the pieces, structure, all similar. 2 teams, helmets, jerseys, cleats, a football, referrees, and coaches. Nothing unusual to a man who has played football for his whole life. But this was different. I looked down at my Blue jersey, with a number 11 written across the front. The color blue on a jersey and the number 11, also common themes for me in my career. But as I scanned the front, the jersey didnt say "Jays", or "Bobcats", it didnt say "Bombers" or "Renegades". No, this time, just above the number 11 was written "Patriots" and just above that, sewn into the collar was an NFL Shield.
I had made it.

The sun was still high in the sky as the quarters wound away in our week 1 matchup. Before I knew it the final whistle had blown and the scoreboard read "Jets 20, Patriots 10"
My first NFL game in the books and I dont remember much about it other than watching the plays live in front of me and then diagnosing the same play on the video board.

I had just placed my helmet on the top shelf of my locker when the team QB coach came up to me and asked to talk in his office.
"Nick" he said, " I dont know if you know this, but our starter got hurt today."
"What?" I asked. Thinking it was some sort of cop out for losing.
"Nick, do you think we only would have scored 10 points on those guys if he was healthy? He is getting x-rays now, but we were told that he could be out for 4 weeks... I know you just got here, but this is your team now."

That week of practice was different. I never had so much drive...So much determination.
I got snaps with the starting offense. It really had become my team. At least for a few weeks...

Week 2, My second week in the NFL, and my first week as a starter. Looking at the Teal Jerseys of the Miami Dolphins staring across the line of scrimmage is an image I will never forget. The week of practice paid off and my NFL debut was better than I could have hoped for!
87.2 QBR, 230 Pass yds, 2 TD, 1 INT, 8-22....16 Rush yds, 2 rush TD, 6 ATT.....In my first NFL game, I scored 4 touchdowns, 4!!! 2 in the air and 2 on the ground. as I lead the team to a 27-10 victory over the Dolphins. I also landed myself a Player of the game award!

Riding high on my first ever NFL game, knowing I had to make a name for myself to keep my NFL dreams alive, I KNEW the next games would be great!

Except they werent.

Over the next 3 weeks, I totaled about 250 yards passing, 0 passing TDs, and 5 picks. Ouch. the only sort of production (if you want to call it that) was 2 rushing touchdowns, one agaisnt Buffalo in a 7-10 loss, and 1 against Miami in a 16-3 victory that was really produced by the running backs. after 5 weeks in the 2029 NFL season, we were 2-3, and I was playing awful.

Week 6 was supposed to be the return of our starter. He was listed as questionable, but I got the gametime nod. "Well, its my last chance starting an NFL game, lets just wing it." and wing it, I did.

Bookending my 5 week foray into the NFL as a starter, I put in a solid days work with a 102.6 QBR, 168 Pass yds, 2 TD, 0 INT 21 - 31... 23 Rush yds, 1 TD, 5 Att statline. as we ended up winning 23 - 13 over the 49ers.
I knew I wasnt going to be the QB of the future, I didnt even know if I had a future in football here. but for these 5 weeks, I was the head man. I put in enough of a showing in my first and last games that I think I proved at least that I could give a team a chance. Compiling a record of 3-2 in my starts with the Pats in 2029.

Who knows what the future holds.... But for now, I'm happy sitting on the bench, learning from the best minds in football in New England.

2029 Season Stats
5 GP, 44.1 QBR, 731 Pass Yds, 4 TD, 9 INT, 59-132 comp,...95 rush yds, 5 rush td, 20 rush att
3-2 W-L as a starter
Attachments
Finch NFL Deal 2029.png
Finch NFL Deal 2029.png (48.25 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
2029 NF V Den.png
2029 NF V Den.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 1695 times
2029 NF New Eng.png
2029 NF New Eng.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 1695 times

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:33 am

2030 Season
Nick is 30 years old, in year 2 of 3 with the Patriots

Nick was moved to #3 in the Patriots depth chart. Did not see any playing time this season.

Return to “Madden Journals”