Nick Finch: High School to Pros

Journals for customized Madden franchises.
grabursock55
MVP

Re: Nick Finch: High School to Pros

Postby grabursock55 » Wed May 06, 2020 6:44 pm

"Nick, I'm sorry - but... the league folded"
"What" I said "What do you mean it folded?"
"Well," my agent said "With this pandemic going on, there wasnt enough revenue to keep the developmental league afloat."
"Seriously? a couple practices and thats it? Thats... sad..."
I kept playing the conversation over and over in my head. It seemed so surreal- my first contract, and not even a month later, its over.
Sitting in the now quiet, modest living room with a white and green brawlers practice jersey hung over a kitchen chair. The shoulderpads were left on the floor by the door along with a silver helmet and green facemask. "Huh, I havent heard andything from the team. I guess they dont want their gear back?" It was nice equipment, I figured I might as well pack it all up together so when I did inevitably get the call to return the gear, I would have it ready. As I picked up the brand new helmet by the facemask, and began carrying it to my practice bag when suddenly, my phone rang. "Probably the team wanting their stuff back" I mutter to myself as I shuffle to the phone, not even noticing I still had the helmet in my hand. I get to the phone and see its lit up from "Andrew Ashley"- My agent. "Oh man- Probably letting me know the paycheck isnt coming from the team now. Lovely." I think to myself as I struggle to unlock the phone's touch screen. "Andrew - Whats up?" I say. Andrew, a quiet type, not much for conversation and gets down to brass tax quick says "Listen, right now, this developmental league really screwed us. You are out of a perfect position to sneak your way in to the NFL and I am now without a client who is playing professionally. So- here are your options- you need to make up your mind QUICKLY - by tonight. You can Join the Arena football developmental league and try to make an Arena1 team, where there is a SLIM, maybe 5-10% chance you even make an NFL roster at some point, or you can go back to Aquatova and play professionally. You know the pay in Aquatova isnt as good and you know if you do that, you will likely never see an NFL roster. You and I both know you can certainly start in Aquatova's AFL, and probably become a big name player, but if you want to make an NFL roster - I think your best bet is the Arena Football 2 League. Nick - To be honest, you are 22, I dont think the NFL will take you in if you are over 25 or 26. Whatever you decide to do, you need to move quickly, or that NFL dream might slip away."
"Andrew, I.." Was all I could push out of my mouth before he cut me off "Nick, Sorry, I have to go right now. Please Call me back tonight and tell me what you want to do."
"I'll play Arena 2" I said quickly - as to not be hung up on.
"Still chasing that NFL dream, huh? Alright, I'll make some calls. Ill be in touch. You keep working out in the mean time." Then he hung up.
I dont know anything about Arena football- I suppose its just football played inside an arena. Maybe a league where a requirement is that all the fields be inside to create a more fair environment for all the teams participating. Whatever - If it's my best chance for an NFL roster - I'll do it.

I stared at the helmet in my hand. The helmet of the team that had disappeared into thin air as if it never existed. It felt like the only tangible piece of that team in existence was in my hands. I set the helmet down andI let out a lofty sigh. "I dont know how much more of this I can take" I whispered quietly to myself as I dozed off on the couch staring at the shining silver helmet that was sitting on my coffee table.
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

Sponsor

Sponsor

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Tue May 25, 2021 10:03 pm

Pro Season #1 - 22 Years Old - 2022

Nick signs a 2 year contract with the Tulsa Talons. Nick Rides the pine for his first professional season with the Tulsa Talons of the Arena Football League 2 (AF2)

He gets in one game, throws 7 passes, completes 5 for 71 yards and 2 Touchdowns.

His team goes 10-6 in the regular season, finishes 3rd in the division, and eventually loses the AF2 championship game to the Memphis Xplorers.

Nick records his 1st Professional championship, wining the AF2 National Conference Title

Career Championships and accolades
College:
Conference Champions:
National Champions: 2021

Pro
Division
Conference: 2022
League

Pro Team Records:
2022...10-6

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Tue May 25, 2021 10:09 pm

Pro Season #2 - 23 Years Old - 2023

Nick is in year 2 of his 2 year contract. He is frustrated with his lack of playing time in his first season and is excited to either get out of this contract or get on the field.

Nick ends up getting no playing time as his team flounders to a 6-10 finish.

Nick is ready for a change of scenery.

College:
Conference Champions:

Pro
Division
League

Pro Team Records:
2022...10-6 (AF2), 2023...6-10 (AF2)

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:29 pm

Offseason - 24 Years Old - 2024

"Ladies and Gentlemen, HE IS BACK! Nick Finch has officially inked a deal with the Professional Port Boyerton Bombers of the Aquatova Football Association, giving him the opportunity to play professionally in his home state, just a few miles from his hometown. Nick's contract is four years for a total of 320,000 dollars - One of the higher salaries in the AFA. Nick has spent the last 6 years in the USA, playing 4 years of college football at Montana State, then spending 2 years on an Arena football roster, but Nick says he is more than happy to be home and finally starting his career as a starter in the AFA. According to Finch, the coaches have told him he is slated to be the starter for the team this season - Nick definitely has the skill set and the mind for starting in this league, but some skeptics question his lack of experience playing the game over the last tow years. "If Nick (Finch) was as great as we are making him out to be, wouldn't he have started in the Arena Football League? HE DIDNT EVEN PLAY 10 PLAYS IN THE ARENA FOOTBALL 2 LEAGUE!" Says his harshest critic, Stephen B Jones on ESPNV.

Nick is focusing on the positives.

"I love Vaughnland, I love this area, I think I am going to get a house in Jackson Pines again!" Nick was overjoyed at the chance to play in front of friends and family again. "The Bombers offered me a great contract and being close to my family is a big deal for me. Its a win- win really." Actually, its a Win, Win, WIN - According to the Port Boyerton Football offices, Nick Finch jerseys are FLYING off the shelves - The local legend is really generating a lot of hype in the area and the football team is happy to ride the hype train as long as possible.

Nick, a 24 year old Rookie looks to be a shoe-in for Offensive rookie of the year this season and is hoping for a league MVP to add to his resume. When Nick was asked about his prospects of playing pro football in North America again he said "Right now, I am happy where I am. I know there is a lot more money to be made over there, but money isn't everything. I may end up back in the US at some point, but I don't think the chances of me being picked up by an NFL team are extremely likely, especially as I keep getting older. I guess we will see what happens!"

Nick, I think I speak for all of us when I say that we are happy to have you back. It will be great seeing you in Port Boyerton this Fall, leading the Bombers to a championship.

College:
Conference Champions:

Pro
Division
League

Pro Team Records:
2022...10-6 (AF2), 2023...6-10 (AF2)

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:54 pm

Pro Season #3 - 24 Years Old - 2024

Finch Pro Game 1.PNG
Finch Pro Game 1.PNG (4.26 MiB) Viewed 2758 times

Nick Finch makes his pro debut for the Port Boyerton Bombers at the Napawhile Eagles. Finch threw for 283 yards, 3 Tds, and rushed for an addition touchdown in his first AFA game.

Nick is in year 1 of his 4 year contract with the Port Boyerton Bombers. The Bombers are paying Nick 80K per season, a high salary in the AFA. Nick is happy to be in his home state, playing in the same stadium he played in several times in high school.

In Nick's rookie season, he took the league by storm. Nick Lead the league in Passing TD's (24), Yards per completion (9.4) , and total QBR (124.). His production surpassed that of all other offensive players in the league, leading to Nick winning the Offensive Rookie of the year, Offensive Player of the Year, and League MVP in his first year in the AFA. Nick FLEW out of the gates in the first 3 weeks throwing for 926 yards and 12 passing Tds. Nick was looking like an easy pick for league MVP until he started slowing down, throwing for just around 100 yards in 3 of the last 6 regular season games. However, Nick's adequate, not blazing, speed gave him just enough of a tool to keep opposing teams guessing and giving him an extra option to score. Nick's 2 worst passing performances were against Crater Lakes in week 4, and Bayshore in week 8, throwing for 101 and 100 yards respectively and barely winning each of those games by a combined total of 9 points. With Nick not at top form, the team started shifting their focus to allowing the HB, McDaniels, and the FB, Sylvester, to become more involved in gameplans, and they gladly picked up the slack. The Bombers pranced into the playoffs with a 9 - 0 record, but were playing Crater Lakes, a team they had only beaten by 7 and Nick struggled with during the regular season. Would these struggles carry into the playoffs? No - The Bombers SMASHED the Comets to the tune of 41-0, with Nick throwing for 4 TDs and accounding for 295 of the teams yards. The Championship saw the Bombers taking on Oleport, a team that relies heavily on its defense to win games. Well, the defense apparently didnt get the memo and the Oleport Pilots were defeated 28 - 7, giving the Bombers the 2024 Championship.

Season Results
@ Napawhile W 31 - 3
LAKOYA W 49 - 9
OLEPORT W 31 - 17
@ Crater Lakes W 10 - 3
CENTRALIA W 38 - 0
@ Granite Top W 28 - 7
MT CHRISTO W 24 -12
@ Bayshore W 21 - 19
LINDEN CENTER W 22 - 3
PLAYOFFS
CRATER LAKES W 41 - 0
OLEPORT W 28 - 7

2024 Playoffs and Standiings.PNG
2024 Playoffs and Standiings.PNG (11.54 KiB) Viewed 2791 times

2025 All Stars.PNG
2025 All Stars.PNG (35.58 KiB) Viewed 2791 times

College:
Conference Champions:

Pro
Division
League: 2024
All Star Team: 2024
Offensive PoTY: 2024
League MVP: 2024

Pro Team Records:
2022...10-6 (AF2), 2023...6-10 (AF2), 2024...11-0 (AFA)

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:27 pm

Offseason / Preseason - 25 Years Old - 2025

Last Year's champion, the Port Boyerton Bombers are ravaged by retirements and players leaving - more specifically, their Defense. The Bombers Offense actually improved a bit, securing 2 rookie wide receivers in the draft. However, the championship defense has been completely picked over by CFL and Arena football scouts, leaving literally a void where the defense once was. Coming into the season, Port Boyerton is picked to finish 7th place overall - If they want to have any success, their Offense is going to have to be on point week in and week out. Port Boyerton is allegedly leaning towards becoming an Air Raid type offense as Reigning league MVP Nick Finch is back, as well as a few receivers, but solid HB, McDaniels chose to hang up the cleats after winning the championship. Replacing him is an unproven young tailback who has good speed, but has trouble getting into situations where he can use his breakaway burst. The team to beat this year seems to be either Granite Top or Napawhile, while the perennial cellar - dwellers Centralia and Lakoya have improved, but still don't look like they are ready to make a stab at the playoffs.

pb ole champ.PNG
pb ole champ.PNG (797.69 KiB) Viewed 2757 times

The 2024 Championship Game saw Port Boyerton overwhelm the Oleport Pilots 28 - 7 in the rain. Oleport has reloaded for the 2025 season, where Port Boyerton has been picked over by CFL and Arena League scouts.Oleport will be looking for revenge in 2025

PB Lak.PNG
PB Lak.PNG (5.96 MiB) Viewed 2757 times

The Lakoya Tribe are considering adding a helmet logo for the first time in history.

Uniform News:
Port Boyerton and Napawhile have submitted requests to use throwback uniforms for their game in the 2026 season. These teams played the first ever AFA game. The throwbacks are rumored to be from the 2010 season - The leagues first season.

Lakoya Tribe is considering adding a helmet logo for the first time in team history - The team has never worn ANY decal on their helmet- A tradition that dates back to the 1940's when the team was founded (playing in different leagues until settling in the AFA). This change would become part of the official uniform and would not take effect until the 2026 season.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:33 am

I would enjoy some more screenshots with your journal..... ;) :D

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:43 am

Rixster67r wrote:I would enjoy some more screenshots with your journal..... ;) :D

You got it!

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:02 pm

2025 Season - Nicks 4th Pro Season, 2nd in the AFA

2025 Port Boyerton Schedule
@ Linden Center W 27-23
CRATER LAKES W 17-14
@ Lakoya W 10 - 0
OLEPORT W 24-17
MT CHRISTO W 49 - 46
@ Centralia W 35 - 14
NAPAWHILE W 34 - 24
@ Granite Top W 27 - 24
BAYSHORE L 21 - 24
PLAYOFFS
LINDEN CENTER L 20 - 23

Football is a game of inches and a game of momentum. The outcome of a single play can energize a team for the rest of a game, the emotion of winning that game can fire a team up for the next game, the emotions can carry from week to week. Port Boyerton, a team that was looking weak at the beginning of the season took those emotional close victories and rode them to a #1 spot in the playoffs. However, a loss in the final week of the season killed the momentum and left them sputtering in the post season.

The Bombers surprised everyone by switching to an Air Raid Offense this season. Luckily, Nick Finch fit the bill perfectly, out-perming his MVP season from last year in many regards. Win after win started piling up on the Bombers record and the team was riding high at 8-0 into the last game of the year. The Bombers hosted the Bayshore Beavers in a meaningless game, as the Bombers had wrapped up the #1 Seed and the Beavers were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. But the Beavers brought their "A" game and took it to PB, winning 24 - 21 on a last second field goal (set up by Port Boyertons horrible defense, of course). The following week, in the first round of the playoffs, Port Boyerton lost for the second week in a row, this time to the Linden Center Collies. Port Boyerton was driving down the field and on a CRUCIAL 4th down with 1 minute left, a wide open HB, Lopez let the ball hit his helmet before falling to the ground, sealing the defeat for the Bombers. PB beat the Collies in week 1 27 - 23, but the collies took their revenge when it counted. However, the Collies would lose to a favorite Napawhile Eagles team in the Championship. Nick had a career best game against Mt. Christo throwing for 407 yards, 7 TDs, and 0 picks. Definitely a crazy game to the last second - The scoring was fast and furious, lead changes back and forth until Nick connected with his receiver, Jones for a 60 yard TD as time expired.

The Bombers were not expected to make the playoffs at the beginning of the season. But it still hurt just as bad getting eliminated once we got there.

In other news, the Lakoya Tribe found a seemingly random burst of energy in the last 2 weeks of the season by defeating Oleport AND Crater Lakes, which would turn out to be what denied each of those teams a playoff spot - The Tribe finished 2-7.

Uniform News
Port Boyerton has requested to wear "1970's throwbacks" for a home game in the 2027 Season.

Port Boyerton has requested to add an alternate home jersey for one game per season starting in the 2027 season.

Centralia and Bayshore have submitted requests to make changes to their official home and away uniforms starting with the 2027 season.

Lakoya was granted permission to add a helmet decal in the 2026 season, but has declined to do so.

The request for Port Boyerton and Napawhile to wear 2010 throwbacks has been approved. The combination will be worn Week 4 in Port Boyerton.

PB PO S2.PNG
PB PO S2.PNG (3.25 MiB) Viewed 2732 times

The football field can be a lonely place - Especially for PB HB Lopez, who dropped a wide open pass that would have kept the Bombers in the playoffs.

PB Bs S2.PNG
PB Bs S2.PNG (6.26 MiB) Viewed 2732 times

Nick Finch spots an opening in the Bayshore Beavers Defense. Finch would connect with his TE Polk for a late TD to tie the game. However, the Beavers would march down field and kick a field goal as time expired to win.

PB GTs2.PNG
PB GTs2.PNG (4.32 MiB) Viewed 2732 times

Nick Finch stays poised in the Pocket against the tough Granite Top defense.

College:
Conference Champions:

Pro
Division
League: 2024
All Star Team: 2024, 2025
Offensive PoTY: 2024, 2025
League MVP: 2024, 2025

Pro Team Records:
2022...10-6 (AF2), 2023...6-10 (AF2), 2024...11-0 (AFA), 2025...8-2 (AFA)

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:26 pm

2025 Season Final Info
2025 Recap.PNG
2025 Recap.PNG (219.31 KiB) Viewed 2730 times

Return to “Madden Journals”